WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Deathmatch 2! Go! Go! Go!

There is a subtle difference between the What are you Working on? thread and the What are you Thinking about? (Game Edition) - one is about what you're actually working on in your game dev, the other is what you're thinking about and stuff posted in there might never even be worked on at all, just be considered and talked about.

We also have the WIP thread in the Creative forums, but that's aimed at less game-dev and more personal stuff (or should be, but some people shove their game stuff in there. Maybe we should make a WIP for game stuff, if it doesn't already exist).

I do think Screenshot thread is enough of a difference that it does need to be split off, though, and exist on it's own since it's only focus is screenshots and feedback based on them. (Or videos, on some occassions.)

author=Liberty
There is a reason we encourage all game engines on the site. The first games hosted weren't RM games at all. Really, people just make an assumption based on the name of the site. It's more like we host RPGs over most other kinds of games, which I guess are easier to make in an engine dedicated to that genre than in other engines.

This is very important to some people, too. It's important to remember there are those who use obscure or unpopular engines, and don't really have a home outside RMN. It's great to have a place like this that is welcoming, provides constructive criticism, and is receptive to creativity and productivity. Even if it isn't focused on the engines I use.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
There is a subtle difference between the What are you Working on? thread and the What are you Thinking about? (Game Edition) - one is about what you're actually working on in your game dev, the other is what you're thinking about and stuff posted in there might never even be worked on at all, just be considered and talked about.

except all three threads are used for all three purposes. intent doesn't matter if that's not how they're used
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

Sometimes viral videos introduce you to some good wub w-wub w-wub.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.

Awesome the full movie's on youtube!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=ESBY
this needs to be settled in a deathmatch
author=Craze
esby we've

we've done that before though

Craze vs. Feld in: Direvil Darkfort II
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i would love to fight MOG although i have feeling people would vote for his because he'd actually work on like, an atmosphere and artistic merit

we were pretty even in terms of "what is presentation"

edit: trump this makes you look even worse, you know
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Pancaek

You may be cool, but you'll never be green-lovebird-riding-a-skateboard-on-a-skateboard cool.
Uh oh look at what the ferrets dragged in!

I think we're gonna have a turf war soon!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'm on the tail-end of a Cinemassacre binge.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Considering doing a written LP of Suikoden 4. The LP for Suikoden 3 that I did made that game, like, ten times more playable for me, and that's probably the game I like least in the entire series. Not that Suikoden 4 doesn't have it's own share of issues, but, I just tend to enjoy it more than 3. The general hope is that, by sharing my experiences, I will enjoy it all the more.

Also, maybe I could do a lead-in plug to the Suikoden tribute I'm apparently working on? Not really sure. There's still a number of things I have to think about in regards to that, and I would feel better about plugging that game if there was a gamepage to refer people to, rather than what little I do have to show for it at the moment.

Then again, maybe it would be more a appropriate action (at least for this site) to provide a link to those LP-threads via the gamepage, rather than the other way around?
Geez, Marrend. XD

So my Suikoden III LP should be done this Sat night, meaning I'll be starting on Suikoden IV pretty soon. XP

MY RIVAL! >:D

-------------------
Just got back home (well, 40 minutes or so ago, but eh, close enough). I am dead tired but I figured I'd neglected the queue for the past week so now it's nice and empty and I'm gonna go crash. It's good to be back in my own bed. orz
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Liberty
Geez, Marrend. XD

So my Suikoden III LP should be done this Sat night, meaning I'll be starting on Suikoden IV pretty soon. XP

MY RIVAL! >:D

Ohhhhh maaaaaan, the heat is ON!

author=Liberty
Just got back home (well, 40 minutes or so ago, but eh, close enough). I am dead tired but I figured I'd neglected the queue for the past week so now it's nice and empty and I'm gonna go crash. It's good to be back in my own bed. orz

Yeah, sounds like you need/deserve the break. ;_;
Mirak
Rough week. Thanks to some spoiled ham (that was impossible to tell if it was spoiled) i broke my record for how many times i've vomited in one day under the influence of food poisoning (eight). It did nothing to make me lose weight though.

Thankfully today i woke up feeling better and did not vomit even once. Progress.

I've also done what i hadn't done before and tried to get closer to the spanish-speaking game making community on facebook, which i had neglected before because most people there already had complete teams filled with extremely talented people that made my internet penis feel tiny and sad and inadequate thanks to me not having any real useful skills in any department (and still not having any worth a damn), but today i saw various posts of programmers and People Who Know Stuff offering to engage in a partnership with lesser devs to try and create bonds and try to share skills and knowledge, so i threw myself in. I hope one of them has enough pity in them to give me a chance.
I feel ya.

The worst I ever had it was vomiting six times in four hours because of one bad taco. I then spent about four hours lying in bed shivering waiting until things settled down enough to drink just a little water.

Unfortunately, my roommate ALSO got food poisoning later that same night, so at one point we had to share the one toilet to vomit into at the same time. That's true friendship, I suppose.
Mirak
Ew, that last bit, shit hahaha.
Corfaisus
Speaking of stomach betrayal, I think the family of one of my church buddies is violently ill as the father couldn't make it to a men's bible study on Tuesday and his daughter couldn't make it to the youth group Wednesday. Scary stuff.

But since we're all seemingly falling apart, let's look on the bright side; let's all enjoy life; let's all DO THE FLOP!

Mirak
Oh hey, Dungeons 2 is free on the humble store until tomorrow, if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Is it just my monitor, or is it very damn hard to spot links in text on rmn posts? EDIT2: Tried turning flux off and i still have a hard time spotting them. My eyes must be getting old. Or tired.