WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Maybe you have neglected 'Project Tunguska' for too long? Dunno, just a guess. =P
_
Woops! New page. Uh... So, what's the deal with airline food? ...Know what I mean?
I had a dream where interstellar travel was accomplished via time travel. That is, people traveled through time to get to a different planet.

How wild is that? SPACETIME
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, planets and solar systems and even galaxies are moving constantly, so it makes sense that at some other point in time, some other planet probably was or will be exactly where we are now. Pretty interesting idea, even if seriously impractical.
Also, wouldn't that make "normal" time travel completely impossible?

"Enjoy your trip to the past... and to the deathly void of space!"
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Not completely impossible, just extremely inconvenient. You would have to start the time travel in a spaceship out in a specific spot in the middle of outer space if you wanted to end up on earth.
...unless gravity applied to you as you traveled through time.
LockeZ
Well, then none of this works and time travel works the old-fashioned way. Boring.

Assuming time travel and space travel are in fact linked, though... You could also probably start on the ground and travel a few seconds (minutes? nanoseconds?) through time safely... if you wore a parachute.
author=OkCupid email
Merry Christmas?

Hello agnostic person,

About 2011 years ago three wise men brought news to the world of something incredible.

Well, OkCupid has a LOT more than three employees, and I'm here to tell you about something way better than some disgusting baby: your Christmas matches. We'll be sending some more cool people your way over the holidays.

(personal info edit)

She's agnostic, like you, and single. So, while the faithful burn yule logs and eat glue, you two could be, you know, hanging out. Send her a message. Make it happen.

... I don't know whether to be disgusted or highly amused.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
both, but certainly highly amused!
What are the names of all 10 of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher,
Dancer,
Prancer,
Vixen,
Comet,
Cupid,
Donder (or Donner),
Blitzen
Rudolph
and...?
... there are only 9 reindeer... where the FUCK did you get 10 from?

when, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny rein-deer,
with a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and call'd them by name:
"Now, Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now, Prancer, and Vixen!
"On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, Donder and Blitzen!

"To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
"Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"
As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky;
So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,

and then of course Rudolph.
author=Otokonoko
... there are only 9 reindeer... where the FUCK did you get 10 from?

Oh contraire! Olive, the other reindeer!

I used to love wathching this movie...
Really, I put that question up because it was BONUS question on a science test I had. I got it right.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Thank you for this oversympathetic christmas appetizer!
You are welcome! I tried to find the theme song which would DROWN you in oversympatheticism but couldn't find it all on its own.
rudolph does not exist. reindeer are harnessed in pairs
I hate Christmas shopping. It's 10 PM and it's, oh, around 25C. It was 38C earlier (30C around 8:30-9). Our car has no airconditioning. So down with the windows. My hair is a tangled mess. I could care less. Tired.

Christmas shopping sucks. I'm broke. I feel great pity for retail slaves.

Also, saw a small pink mini with antlers wedged in the back windows and a red nose stuck on the bumper bar. Cute.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Dexter season finale.

Yep, mind is full of fuck times a million.

Also finished wrapping for presents for chrissy.