WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

I'm thinking about betting on the Mayweather/McGregor fight but I'm still on the fence. Most probably not, though.

I'm definitely not on the fence about who's gonna win, though.
author=Corfaisus
You wouldn't believe how confused I was when I read that thinking you meant a high school yearbook instead of a novel. I was like "who was this person's friends that they'd write a dissertation on their school year? just h.a.g.s and move on."

Yeah, one of those novels that you have to read. I added a few notations to that particular book and passed it on next year to someone else.

author=Marrend
Huh. I remember being specifically taught not to write in textbooks. It must have been seriously ingrained into my skull, since I remember a tutor I had somewhere in high school asking me to underline/highlight what I thought was important passages, and I was like, "What? Hell no!"

It's kind of stupid if you think about it. It's your book, so why shouldn't you write in it? Especially school books where making notes about stuff can help you out further down the line. I mean, I understand if it was a school copy, but if you have your own textbooks, it's super helpful to not just yourself but anyone who you sell the book to for the next year, so why not?

As for novels, also why not? If you want to write down a reaction or something, it's silly not to. One day that book might belong to someone else (a family member, a friend, some stranger) and they can get to know you through your reactions even though you might be dead or something.

That said, I once got a book where one of the characters was named Virginia and the previous owner went through the whole thing, whited out the name and wrote Vagina instead. It made for a laugh every time her name came up. It did get confusing when they'd missed an instance of her name, though, because I'd come to think of her as Vagina and suddenly there's this new character, Virginia... XD
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well, growing up, our books were always assigned by the school, and they did drill that shit into your head. This is NOT your book. You DO NOT write in it. For me, that changed around junior high, which was when we started having to buy our own books.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
College was the first time I ever bought my books. Up through the end of high school they were owned by the school and reused each year for different students.

Wish college did it that way too.
sevene
i just want to be an icy spitted glass of coke.
author=LockeZ
author=sevene
We are cool lol. I'm just trying to act like I'm a "real men"
With that avatar nobody could ever doubt your manliness.

I'm not a real men, real men do things on their own and don't want to be girls.
Me? I need others and, want boobs. I'm a retarded autist and I feel I need others to do their best to keep me in check.

I'm kind of scared actually, because I'm going to be alone for the first time in my life soon. I'm going to go camping by myself in another country for a month; I plan to bring a laptop, and have electricity.

But no internet.

Plan to put some games on my laptop, some text to speech novels a friend of mine showed me, and my tablet. I will keep an open mind, and I will learn a lot. I hope when I am back everything remains the same, and we are okay; but I cannot be certain as you never know what a hypothetical Yandere might do to protect their property.

author=sevene
Yup! Just keep and open mind, and you will learn a lot ;)
I like your video too! Really sketchy though but I like it!
sevene
i just want to be an icy spitted glass of coke.
author=lonestarsuperlunimary
author=sevene
Yup! Just keep and open mind, and you will learn a lot ;)
I like your video too! Really sketchy though but I like it!

Thank you.
I look forward to playing Mafia with you.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Camping is fun I guess? Lots of people think so! I don't, the beautiful sunrises don't do enough to make me stop thinking about how uncomfortable i slept, or how much i hate eating sardines straight out of a can. The campfire was fun. As long as the marshmallows lasted. We couldnt find any shrooms. :(

I hate camping.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Well no, 'hate' is a strong word. More like "i dont particularly like camping"
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Facebook is down.
Everybody panic.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Mirak
Camping is fun I guess? Lots of people think so! I don't, the beautiful sunrises don't do enough to make me stop thinking about how uncomfortable i slept, or how much i hate eating sardines straight out of a can. The campfire was fun. As long as the marshmallows lasted. We couldnt find any shrooms. :(

I hate camping.

Camping is awesome! I used to be really big on backpacking back in the day. It DOES require some preparation and planning, though.

Sardines out of a can? That sounds gross. I never bring canned food on any outdoor trip. You have to carry it back out with you, and enough metal adds up to really weigh you down on a long hike. Go with beef jerky and ramen if you ever decide to go back out there again.

I don't know how you slept, but I always brought a sleeping pad so I didn't sleep directly on the ground. Tent placement is important, too. Poor placement will ensure you sleep poorly.

Sorry you had such a bad time, though.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
back in my day we fashioned tents out of leaves and sleeping bags from dirt
the campsite was a 40 mile walk, uphill both ways, and our campfire was a single lit match
damn mileklsnlanals going soft
whoa you had a match?

back in my day our tents were made out of sand and sleeping bags from soggy grass. The campsite was off of a sheer cliff 15 feet down, and our campfire was a warm rock.

author=Sated
I kinda want McGregor to kick Mayweather's head off. Yes, he will lose the boxing match, but that would be hilarious.
I honestly wonder if instinct is going to take over late in the match and McGregor starts throwing kicks, knees, or grappling
author=Liberty
It's your book, so why shouldn't you write in it?

You guys get to keep your (before college) schoolbooks?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=kentona
whoa you had a match?

back in my day our tents were made out of sand and sleeping bags from soggy grass. The campsite was off of a sheer cliff 15 feet down, and our campfire was a warm rock.

author=Sated
I kinda want McGregor to kick Mayweather's head off. Yes, he will lose the boxing match, but that would be hilarious.

I honestly wonder if instinct is going to take over late in the match and McGregor starts throwing kicks, knees, or grappling

Back in my day, we didn't even have a camp. We had a backyard and one tent to house us all.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Oh, I used to love camping and fishing. I haven't done it in awhile. These days, I have little medical complaints that would probably prevent me from enjoying it anymore.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Same, actually. I'm not able to do any kind of heavy backpacking like I used to anymore, so I just have to make do with short day hikes.

Has anyone figured out where the Fountain of Youth is? I'm not old enough for my body to start falling apart.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Man, if you want to experience the wilderness, just play Skyrim.
Red_Nova
I tried that, but I was scared off when people started drowning themselves and little children started calling hits on me.