STAR WARS EPISODE VII (AS WELL AS VIII AND IX!)

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=Dyhalto
Because his mind is full of fuck.

I know.
Good lord! This is humiliating! Embarassing!

Hey, it worked for Kingdom Hearts!
author=dea
Glad he already wrote episodes 7-9 so that Disney won't do complete new self invented shit.

You act like Lucas is a good writer.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
The movies should be okay for me as long as Boba Fett doesn't make an appearance.
He was an overrated, incompetent douche who was launched to his death by a temporarily blinded guy.
author=Darken
author=dea
Glad he already wrote episodes 7-9 so that Disney won't do complete new self invented shit.
You act like Lucas is a good writer.
Lucas is a great... storyteller. The plotlines and the like are decent. It's just in the details that it all fall aparts with shitty dialogue and stuff. That's why people were hoping Clones and Sith would be co-written just like Empire and Jedi was.

So Lucas having written rough outlines of 7-9 is probably not bad at all.
author=Shinan
Lucas is a great... idea man.

Corrected.

Lucas is one of those few creators whose vision struck gold with the mainstream. When it comes to actually being able to write a plausible and enjoyable story, well, we all seem to share the same opinion.
I'm looking forward to these next 3, but worry about the series after that.

Also, Darth Vader Goofy is the best thing.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
author=Gourd_Clae
Also, Darth Vader Goofy is the best thing.

Anyone who encounters Darth gooby Goofy is.... dun goof'd.
(ba-dum tish)
I think the best thing Lucas contributed to the Star Wars movies was his ability to have a great mix of everything: epicness, cool names + art design, humour, memorable oneliners, sexyness, sympathetic characters, great Special Effects, diverse scenery.

Everything matches perfectlty (well I am talking about IV-VI).
The story itself is not very good, not even in the Original Trilogy, it's the mix that makes everything awesome.
author=Itaju
The story itself is not very good, not even in the Original Trilogy, it's the mix that makes everything awesome.

Blasphemer!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Star Wars is very much the ultimate hybrid series, especially the original trilogy.
I don't care what anyone says about the prequels, my favourite aspect of Star Wars' story is the rise to power of Palpatine. While the original trilogy definitely made him cool, he was just "the bad guy" and not much more than that. I like how the prequels built him up and explained his rise to power, how he became deformed, etc. Plus Ian McDiarmid is just plain awesome.

It would be fantastic if the new movies incorporate Palpatine's return in some way or another. I'd love to see more of that character, but Ian McDiarmid is definitely starting to get up there in the years. I suppose he's not too old to turn down that role though, and it wouldn't be hard to use a stunt double and/or CGI to make him a little more acrobatic.
Palpatine's dead. You don't survive getting thrown into the Death Star's reactor, and if there's something I don't want, it's the clone bullshit in the EU.
They already had Palpatine return once in the extended universe.

And it was a very poor book.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=CyberDagger
Palpatine's dead. You don't survive getting thrown into the Death Star's reactor

What? Yes you do. It never showed his death on camera, therefore, according to movie rules, he's absolutely undoubtedly alive and will come back later.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Cash cow for Palpantine. I think they should have Darth Vader's secret apprentice looming for revenge.
I don't know how to feel about the writer for Toy Story 3 being responsible for Episode VII's script. On one hand, he won awards for it... but on the other hand? It's Toy Story.

I've still only seen the first Toy Story. How does the script/story of the third movie fare?
author=UPRC
I've still only seen the first Toy Story. How does the script/story of the third movie fare?

The third goes some pretty dark places at times. But it does have a great script, nuanced characters, exciting action. All the things that Star Wars doesn't have...

I kid. All the things the Star Wars prequels don't have.
The third Toy Story made me cry.

...the prequels made me cry, but for different reasons.