RPGMAKER.NET NEEDS YOUR HELP (AGAIN)!

What if I were, say, to donate the entire $150? What kind of benefits would I get? And this is a serious-ish question.
I haven't been making any distinctions based on the amount of the donation thus far.

But here is the list of current benefits
The satisfaction of helping keep rpgmaker.net alive for all users
An achievement for helping to save rpgmaker.net (1000 makerscore!)
Expanded locker space
Ability to edit custom user titles
Google ads will be removed from view
Permanent discount at the RMN Store for Affiliate program items
A date with kentona*
Other (open to suggestions)
author=halibabica
Should I start my recurring payments again? The website stopped them for no apparent reason.
Which website? Paypal? RMN hasn't stopped anything.
khazga
Perpetual Nuisance Machine
author=kentona
author=halibabica
Should I start my recurring payments again? The website stopped them for no apparent reason.
RMN hasn't stopped anything.
Except my heart!

*gushgushgush*

ED: On a more serious note, I think the distinction should be made that this *isn't* some kind of kickstarter drive. This is a donation pool to keep this site alive. There's no value-adding tiered scheme based on the donation amount because this place isn't out to generate a profit. If the value of experiences you've derived from RM.Net is worth something to you, then donate and donate freely without expectation of a reward for doing a 'good deed'.
Where is the donate button? I'd gladly donate.

Edit: Found it and subscribed :D
I finally got off my ass and donated something...

...Now I am a "somebody" again.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=kentona
author=kentona
:D
You could always use my money and use it to buy some lunch for yourselves.
Hey I saw this thread...and I thought I give my input.

Okay now suppose the worst does come to pass and the site will no longer be able to maintain. What will happen to all the RMN games? This is one of the few RMN-mainstream sites left on the net...almost all the others are slowly dying off or inactive.

Not a pleasant thought..but I hate to see everyone's games be lost in time. I wish I could donate myself, but I don't have the means to do so. (I'm broke as hell and back, no life, no job, etc, but I'm working on it! LOL).
author=Kaliesto
Okay now suppose the worst does come to pass and the site will no longer be able to maintain. What will happen to all the RMN games?

Yard sale. I'd probably pick up Hero's Realm, Ara Fell and Alter A.I.L.A. for only a quarter -- AND GET MY PICTURE TAKEN WITH MAYOR MCCHEESE!

-- MAYOR MCCHEESE!!! :D

(I wouldn't worry about RMN's untimely destruction, bud...not until Kentona retries and somebody, like mawk, becomes in charge, so we don't have to worry.)
Well, even if ALL donations and recurring donations stopped today, we'd have enough right now to last 6 months - and this is not counting ad revenue (which I am slowly building up) and RMN Store revenue (which I hope to improve!). And, if worst came to worst, I would fund RMN out of pocket and do another donation drive.

RMN won't die unless I die! (and that is at least 10 years away!)
krazie22
My name's Toby. Yeh... Yeah.. YEAH!!!!
TAKE MY MONEY, RIOT!!!
oh... wrong company.
but take my 2 dollars. im broke.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Yo what's our status on this now? How long will the site last with the current funds after the big drive?
Indefinitely. Enough people have signed up for monthly contributions right now to cover the costs of the server. I've only had a couple of cancellations.

(in fact, after the last time we did a drive, we also had or nearly had enough monthly donations to cover the bills, but over time people cancel them or they fail because there are insufficient funds on their end, but it happened so slowly that I didn't notice. So, if that plays out the same way again, we probably will have another 2 years of security + 6 months of standing funds. I have also noticed a steady increase in ad revenue, and now have about $400 in our rainy day fund (which is about another 3 months). So basically, I expect that we're good for at least 3 years, probably longer! Thanks everyone for your support!)
on a completely unrelated note, I am going to Vegas for the weekend. If the RMN server account looks mysteriously drained, pay no heed.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Ah 3 years, enough time for me to rise up in the ranks and become the evil overlord of RMN I have always wanted to be!
author=kentona
on a completely unrelated note, I am going to Vegas for the weekend. If the RMN server account looks mysteriously drained, pay no heed.

There goes our future...and the guy who's running it with it.
Hey, I'm just curious (this thread hasn't been posted in in a while, but I thought I might ask...)

I've been donating $10 a month for...2 or 3 years now I think, Paypal says 2011 is when I started. Is the address the same still or should I resubscribe? Either way, I'd like to keep donating, this place is still one of my favorites, and the only one really still actively hosting indie game projects.