"THIS ABOVE ALL; TO THINE OWN GAME BE TRUE." ~WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Kefka: Why do people submit screenshots they know are going to be denounced? Why do people cling to self-improvement when they know they can't reach perfection? Think how meaningless each of your games is!
Terra: It's not the net result of one's game that's important! It's the day-to-day concerns, the personal victories, and the celebration of game deisgn... and community! It's enough if people are able to experience the joy that each finished map can bring!
Kefka: And have you found your "joy" in this nearly dead website of ours?
Terra: Yes! I know what community is!
Locke: And I have learned to celebrate games... and gamers.
Cyan: My nostalgia lives on inside of me.
Shadow: I know what peer review is... and peers...
Edgar: It is my dream to build a forum in which I can guarantee debate and passion.
Sabin: I have come to experience anew the wonder of working with my partner...
Celes: I've met someone who can accept my RTP game for what it is.
Strago: I have a special little original character! Do not steal!
Relm: And I have a brave site admin who'll host my games.
Gau: You my friends! Me uwaooo all of you!
Setzer: My friend's vaporware... and her pixel art!
Mog: I have the whole community here!
Kefka: This is sickening... You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
"Only after the last game has been uploaded / Only after the last review has been submitted / Only after the last achievement has been won / Then will you find that makerscore cannot be eaten."
~Native American proverb
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him RPG Maker." ~Abraham Lincoln
"As the right of each sentient game developer to live in accordance with its normal game design evolution is considered sacred, no RMN personnel may interfere with the normal and healthy development of game mechanics and plot. Such interference includes introducing superior knowledge, resources, or scripts to a game whose design is incapable of handling such advantages wisely ... This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations and carries with it the highest moral obligation."
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
"We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in RTP." --Max Karl Ernst Ludwig Planck

"Gam mak and trousers are a fact of nature." --Aleister Crowley

"RPG Maker is wholesome because it faces the facts of life." --Aleister Crowley

"If one were to take gam mak seriously one would go mad. But to take gam mak seriously one must already be mad." --Aleister Crowley

"Ordinary RTP is only for ordinary people." --Aleister Crowley...again

"A person who never made a mistake never tried RPG Maker." --Albert Einstein

"Only two things are infinite, RMN, and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

"Only a life lived for RTP is a life worthwhile." --Albert Einstein

"It's not that I'm so smart; it's that I stay with development longer." --Albert Einstein

"What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of sprites." --Erwin Schrodinger

"RPG Maker thus reveals a basic oneness of RMN." --Erwin Schrodinger
"Yeah, there’s always been very few women. To relieve stress, it may be that people prefer music and fighting to gam mak. You know, when you gam mak, you actually get more stressed out. When you can say you love gam mak, I get the sense you’re no longer a normal person. (laughs) And of course I include myself in that. Everyone around me who likes gam mak is a weirdo."
~ Shinobu Yagawa
(source)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
"I have a dream that my four RTP games will one day live in a community where they will not be judged by the origin of their graphics but by the content of their gameplay."
~Martin Luther King Jr.

"Make games, not war."
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
RMN is a place where gam mak is the highest call one can aspire to, and markerscore is the defining sociological divide.
And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe game make," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
Maybe game make... perhaps... means a little bit more!"
A fool and his gil are soon parted
-ancient proverb

Oh yeah game goes on, long after the thrill of makin' is gone.
-John Mellencamp
pianotm
"He who fights with monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster, and he who long stares into RMN, finds that RMN stares back into him." --Friedrich Nietzsche

"To say it once again: today I find it an impossible game — badly developed, clumsy and embarrassing, its images frenzied and confused, sentimental, in some places saccharine-sweet to the point of effeminacy, uneven in pace, lacking in any desire for logical purity, so sure of its convictions that it is above any need for proof, and even suspicious of the propriety of proof, a game for initiates, 'music' for those who have been baptized in the name of music and who are related from the first by their common and rare experiences of art, a shibboleth for first cousins in artibus an arrogant and fanatical game that wished from the start to exclude the profanum vulgus of the 'educated' even more than the 'people'; but a game which, as its impact has shown and continues to show, has a strange knack of seeking out its fellow-revellers and enticing them on to new development and gam mak." --Friedrich Nietzsche (An Attempt at Self-Criticism, p. 5)

"Game is not an absence of gam mak, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for RTP, confidence, enjoyment." --Baruch Spinoza

"Gam mak is the law, gam mak under will." --Aleister Crowley
"As a game developer, you don't rake in millions of Makerscore without performing some sacrifice on the altar of Gaming." -Franz Liszt
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
"It is not as-so-much a matter of how long it takes to play a game. It is a matter of what a game does in the time it is given." - J.R.R. Tolkien
pianotm
"If you can safely drive a car while making a beautiful game, then you simply are not giving the beautiful game the attention she deserves." --Albert Einstein
E = +/-MC^2
This ambiguity results when you take the square root of a quantity.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
"Humankind cannot create anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Game Making's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."
pianotm
"Basic RTP is a dish best served cold." --Old Klingon Proverb

"I don't want to lose my gam mak! I NEED my gam mak!" Captain James T. Kirk, to Cybok

pianotm
"Basic RTP is a dish best served cold." --Old Klingon Proverb

"I don't want to lose my gam mak! I NEED my gam mak!" Captain James T. Kirk, to Cybok