RMN PLAYS

So... I am probably mistaken, but this is what I figure people have for gifts that have yet to be requested:

kory_toombs RMN
Max McGee RMN
Ebeth PLAYS
nhubi PLAYS

...and NeverSilent and zacheatscrackers both have rare letters, but not real chance of completing a set. How much would you guys object if I gifted them a game anyway?

...and El_waka nearly has PLAYS, if I am not mistaken.

Max, did I gift you something for that RMN already and forget to mark it down in my notes? You are very on top of this event, so that is a real possibility. Please remind me.
I seriously considered Planetary Annihilation, but it felt like something I would play a few times and never come back to. Like I do with Civ and Sim games.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/6700/?post=603002#post603002
http://rpgmaker.net/games/6598/?post=602988#post602988

Not sure if you want to count Lyra, I could only manage 10 minutes and didn't seem to have much useful stuff to say. But I played well over an hour, maybe 2, of that awesome SMBX game. It's really awesome guys!

Happy now?!

edit : I would think that it would be best to save games for other events, but I wouldn't care either way.
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
Final
two!

Thanks for hosting and giving away awesome gifts kentona! I'll take To The Moon for my PLAYS.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
@kentona: Ok so now I am confused. So far I have gotten gifts for two RMNs and one PLAYS...I've been gifted RPG Maker VX Ace, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, and Claire.

Did I actually win a THIRD RMN/fourth overall prize? If I did I would really really like Endless Space, please. I got a new gaming PC for Christmas and it should be able to run it.

But I don't think I actually have a third RMN...looking carefully at my giant pile of cheevos/letters, I only have 6 x R, 2 x N, and 2 x M, so I can't possibly have won a third RMN.

So yeah I think I've already been gifted for everything I won.

I shouldn't have gotten my own hopes up like that lol. Oh well three free games is certainly nothing to complain about.

Yeah my semi-final letter count is:

• R x 6
  • M x 2
  • N x 2
  • P x 1
  • L x 5
  • A x 1
  • Y x 2
  • S x 2
  • Tess x 0

or

• R R R R R R
  • M M
  • N N
  • P
  • L L L L L
  • A
  • Y Y
  • S S

My final review for this event, currently pending.

Edit: I know that since it's nowhere near midnight I could play a couple more games for another shot at winning another PLAYS or even winning another RMN, but I'm plenty happy with the three free games I won and as irrational as this is...I like the number 21 much more than the numbers 22 or 23 and yes that's a big factor in my decision.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I'll use my second "RMN" for Tomb Raider.
author=kory_toombs
I'll use my second "RMN" for Tomb Raider.

This is fitting.

@Max: yeah, I missed marking you down for one of your requests, that's all. Sorry to get your hopes up.

@Ebeth: sent.

@everyone: Thanks for the kudos!
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=kentona
So... I am probably mistaken, but this is what I figure people have for gifts that have yet to be requested:

kory_toombs RMN
Max McGee RMN
Ebeth PLAYS
nhubi PLAYS

...and NeverSilent and zacheatscrackers both have rare letters, but not real chance of completing a set. How much would you guys object if I gifted them a game anyway?

...and El_waka nearly has PLAYS, if I am not mistaken.

I have no issue with you completing a set for those guys, and since you've already insisted I can't just ignore a win, I've got a PLAYS again, El_waka can have mine and claim on it.

Also I think Marrend's should be counted even though it was just outside the deadline because it's funny.

P.S. Thanks Link, yes now I'm content.
P.P.S. I've still got one more chance for a Tess though, so roll the dice already!
:)

There's a few more hours until midnight. Here in Canada anyways.
author=nhubi
I've got a PLAYS again, El_waka can have mine and claim on it

Thanks!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I just realized I could still get a PLAYS if I get an A on this last roll. Or an TESS. But I don't think I'll be taking any more games in case I do win, so I'll pass it off to someone else.

I like cookies, by the way. Is that related to my previous statement? Well that depends on how much you want a free game...

Welp. Right when I post it, I got an S, so nevermind.

... I still want cookies, though.
Oh well, too bad I guess! (actually, there weren't any A's left to win :< )

I gave out the latest round of letters. Ebeth got pretty lucky and snagged the last Tess.

El_waka: what do you want? and what's your Steam name again?

E:
Theres just over 4 hours left to midnight my time, so we'll go with that as the deadline.
Ebeth
Whoop whoop! That means the only letter I never got was m. Anyway I'll give my win to Suzy since I already got two :)
Ebeth
author=kentona
cheesedreams?

Yep!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Man, you know, I hope this downer comment doesn't put too much of a damper on the whole event,
but playing and commenting on games on RMN really is not that rewarding in and of itself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the PLAYING part--I'm effervescently grateful for the smorgasbord of great free game content RMN offers. All those free games, many of them good, many of them complete, some of them good AND complete!? It's the best thing since sliced bread and as a gamer I'm happy to contribute to it in my own small way, tossing in my couple dozen free games to the thousand and thousands on here. And yes, I like leaving the occasional comment to share whatever random flotsam is in my mind while I'm playing. But it's the COMMENTING part I'm finding can get me down.

Like...dedicated detailed and thoughtful commenting on each game you play? Man, that's a crap shoot at best. The problem is that I can spend time and effort thoroughly spelling out every area where a game can be improved, and yet for every person who can take criticism graciously, there is someone who will react with such quietly spiteful rage that it is like they think I anally raped their mother while pouring sugar into their gas tank rather than playing their game and giving detailed feedback. Either that or debate me point for point on minutiae which I also don't have the energy for. It's just demoralizing. I know I could just take a "fire and forget" approach to feedback, but part of the satisfaction of taking the time to write a detailed review is seeing the creator's reaction to your time spent intellectually engaged with their work.

And while it didn't happen this time, in the past people have nuked their whole game pages in a fit of pique, taking my brilliantly written and entertaining review of their crappy game with them into oblivion. It's kind of a minefield out there and it makes me understand why I haven't submitted more than a mere 25-30 reviews over the six years I've been active on RMN.

Honestly, rather than play a game and provide feedback to someone who's an unknown quantity, I'm better off making sure I only play games that I know I will like everything about, or if I risk playing games I'm not positive are awesome, make sure I only comment on games made by people I know as a fact have learned how to take criticism.

I'll just spit out the unspoken flipside to this before anyone else says it, I guess. I certainly have dealt with my own issues of learning to take criticism over the years, and I have certainly experienced my own feelings of resentment towards the idea that a critical review is something one should be grateful for.

Hidden because rambling and fairly negative so read at own risk.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=kentona
E:
There's just over 4 hours left to midnight my time, so we'll go with that as the deadline.

OK so the server time is GMT and you're around -6 hours? Good to know for future events.

Also since I've got a bit of time I'm adding this one, not feedback on the game per se, but feedback none-the-less, as always your discretion if it qualifies :)

GRrrr

author=Red_Nova
... I still want cookies, though.

You already got cookies this week, did you share them with others?
author=kentona
El_waka: what do you want? and what's your Steam name again?

8 bit-boy I guess...

My Steam name is the same, El_WaKa, I have you on my steam friends...
author=Ebeth
Whoop whoop! That means the only letter I never got was m. Anyway I'll give my win to Suzy since I already got two :)
<3 Thanks so much, that's so sweet!

e: I'll take Super Meat Boy, just gotta get my steam account set up
Okay, my steam username is suzcheesedreams
author=suzy_cheesedreams
author=Ebeth
<3 Thanks so much, that's so sweet!

e: I'll take Super Meat Boy, just gotta get my steam account set up
Okay, my steam username is suzcheesedreams

hrmmm.. I am not finding you using the Search. Can you maybe add me as a friend? kentonagbone?