SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Why is the rest of my text getting cut off when I post...

(Edit: I figured out what it was, an emoji for some reason erases everything fter it for me? And sorry for double posting haha...)
Praise be to the Holy Aremen! I submit an offering!

So I got bored and made a new legendary weapon called the Holy Aremen. It scales its DMG and DEX stats to the level of the person wielding it, and is above average in general. Planning on releasing this as a promotional item only, available for like, the first week that the game is available to download. Oddly enough, with this loot system, you can have weapons that don't actually exist anywhere in the database and aren't hard-coded in at all, but if they were generated in a previous version (or in development during testing) they can be transported over using the Locker functionality present in the game. Because of that, this weapon can literally never be found in-game, but can be included in the download of the game and removed from the files later.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Strak
Praise be to the Holy Aremen! I submit an offering!

I love them graphics on this here screenshot
Ha ha, well, yeah, not exactly a screenshot showcasing graphics or mapping, but rather the custom equip screen. I wanted to display ALL the weapon stats and modifiers, not just stat changes and the description. It's a screenshot showcasing mechanics, rather than graphics.
Finally at the point where I can start working on maps for the next game I'm working on. Hoping to have a demo ready by the end of May, at which point I'll create a game page and submit updates and screenshots there, but for now this is what I've got. Just a simple forest map for the opening scene of the game. I bit the bullet and decided to get Celianna's Ancient Dungeons packs, since the quality and tone of the tiles fits the theme of this game really well. This uses a mixture of the Ancient Dungeons outdoor tiles and Celianna's regular Parallax mapping tiles.

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Strak
Finally at the point where I can start working on maps for the next game I'm working on. Hoping to have a demo ready by the end of May, at which point I'll create a game page and submit updates and screenshots there, but for now this is what I've got. Just a simple forest map for the opening scene of the game. I bit the bullet and decided to get Celianna's Ancient Dungeons packs, since the quality and tone of the tiles fits the theme of this game really well. This uses a mixture of the Ancient Dungeons outdoor tiles and Celianna's regular Parallax mapping tiles.

That's some nifty looking forest, yo! It's pretty darn great, keep up the great mapping!
author=Strak

That’s some great work with the classic forest style! really natural and saturated looking, I always like how light can sort of merge the things it’s spilled onto, it makes another subtle visual layer.
One more map to share before I actually submit a game page and start sharing these in blog posts instead.

Three more weeks and I'll have a demo ready.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
This looks great, Strak, nicely done! My only advice would be that I’ve found using something other than a circle brush for the dirt paths (things with texture like watercolor brushes, acrylic brushes etc work great) make them look a bit more natural, but it looks great as is.
Thanks! Strangely I did actually use an acrylic brush, but the particles may have been a little too densely clustered, giving it a bit of a more rounded edge. Next time I'll try something a little more dispersed.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Strak
One more map to share before I actually submit a game page and start sharing these in blog posts instead.

Three more weeks and I'll have a demo ready.

Man, this makes me envy Paralax mapping! That looks damn great! :O

First time mapping in MV, and kinda stuck with default tilesets since I don't know anywhere to get tilesets. I can't exactly replicate what I'm aiming for with the default tileset, and this doesn't look super nice to me, but...maybe I can get advice on this? It's very different compared to 2K3's mapping, which I'm more familiar with.

For the record, this is what I'm trying to replicate:

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
The SF tiles have multiple fountains you can use.
Is it possible to use a different tileset without changing tilesets? Or would I have to switch the tilesets to use the fountains and/or anything else I need? Also, is this map good so far??

(In addition to all of this, say that I want to transport 2k3 stuff over to MV. Is that even viable?? Not that I'm probably going to do that because that would clash with the artstyle of not only the tilesets, but the character sprites I'm using, but thought I'd ask)

The sprite style in question is here:

So! Gonna share some map screenshots (in SPOILERS so they don't take up so much space), if that's fine?

Fauna's Cottage (see reference above to what I'm trying to recreate):

Inside Fauna's Cottage (1st floor/2nd floor. Room background used for her streams is meant to be the second floor room. I feel I need to move the walls down one tile??)

Fauna's Forest (Left Path. Where the player is meant to go for Prologue boss fight):

Fauna's Forest (Right Path, leads to first actual dungeon of the game):

Not sure if these are fine or not. I honestly feel like the forest section is TOO short. I know it's the prologue chapter but...I dunno, something doesn't feel right, if you know what I mean?? Any suggestions? I thought of making the left/right paths loop around to the top and connect to one another, so that'd be a 3rd area, where the Prologue boss fight would take place somewhere. No gimmicks or anything in the forest, since it's Prologue. There are hidden little areas (you might be able to spot it in the last image), but yeah...

Trying out hand-drawn maps! This one is a WIP. Still not great at drawing these, but I think it's a decent start. Any thoughts?
Hey, that's great, when is Linus: The Forgotten Days coming out?

Lol I'm kidding. Kind of. I actually really like that hand drawn style! Kind of reminds me of Sunset Over Imdahl (might be getting the spelling wrong). If that's your start, I'd love to see where you take that style!
Oh god, people remember Linus? Jeez lol. Thank you, regardless!

I'm actually working on it again after a long hiatus. Will probably be using this artstyle hopefully.

Also, Sunset Over Imdahl is a big inspiration for what I'm trying to do here! That and Saga Frontier 2. :p

Awesome! Keep it up! You've got some good influences, and a good eye for design. There's a nice balance of color and contrast, gives a very distinct feel to the artwork. This is coming from someone with no formal art education, mind you, but still. I think it's a nice approach.