SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

"This map really speaks to me."

It's a pun.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Ok ok I got the pun jeez
Anyway that's an awesome map,
When I look at it icy a lot of details.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I've done that pun way too many times already
@corfaisus- Very nice, if only I had the iced-based puns to express my approval properly.

Making some concept maps to test out tilesets. Here's a stasis/cryogenic chamber type room.

@nemojbatkastle:Looks Amazing...I suggest to remove the plants they don't seem to fit
In a Futuristic setting of the tileset.You know why,Future people hate nature for some reason...
I'm so-so on the plants too, I want to keep them around to give the room a bit of a mall vibe, maybe I'll create an atrium for them and keep the chamber nice and soulless.
Progress doesn't hate nature, it just thinks nature works best as tacky corner decorations.
I think the plants are okay in the lounge area.
Another map, and as addendum to the previous conversation a reminder that in the battle between man and nature, nature always wins.

Just a ruined castle full of dangerous beasties. Turned out quite spiffy if I do say so myself, despite the fact that I sort of gave up and never detailed the area around the castle, and did a pretty poor job cut-and-pasting it together.

Thanks for the good words, all!

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
The one thing that really sticks out about that map that seems off is the metal grating along the ruined balconies.
author=nemojbatkastle

Am I the only one seeing this? Based on later comments it's like ppl have a mental block around it.
author=bulmabriefs144
Am I the only one seeing this? Based on later comments it's like ppl have a mental block around it.

It's not real. It's a famous scene from the movie "Scanners":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=53&v=0O_KrHjcF_c
I haven't put many screens together yet, since i was waiting till the game is a bit closer, but here's 4 that are relatively up to date.

=============

ESBY
extreme disappointment
Nemo: I really like that.
RedAkerston: There's far too many visual styles, none of your tiles look like they belong together.

author=ESBY
RedAkerston: There's far too many visual styles, none of your tiles look like they belongs together.

I agree, the visual styles of your sprites, tiles, and backgrounds don't match.
But don't let that stop you from making your game. I would try some overlays and screen tint to mask those flaws and try and get things to blend better.
author=Infinite
author=ESBY
RedAkerston: There's far too many visual styles, none of your tiles look like they belongs together.
I agree, the visual styles of your sprites, tiles, and backgrounds don't match.
But don't let that stop you from making your game. I would try some overlays and screen tint to mask those flaws and try and get things to blend better.

It's a heck of a lot better looking than it used to be. ... Graphics are my eternal struggle ... but i'll get er done one way or the other. For blending, color schemes mostly i think can be fixed... the carpet for example in that second picture should be something more grey or removed, or the beds in the first. The barrel needs to match the wall in the first screen. I may remove the lamp glows altogether. The sprites, well, unless i find a solid alternative to charas i'm stuck with the sprite style. Better than VX stock sprites at least ;)
Here's what i'm currently working on.

When i am closer to a release i will probably end up spamming you all in this topic with screens from every area looking for details to fix. Big thanks for the tinting reminder though. Small effort i can apply across the board to my maps to make sure the colors match better (eg: recolor the barrel to grey).