RPG MAKER MV IS A LARGE STEP BACKWARDS

@BM> It was more of a compiled vs. interpreted thing.

@andreas> Javascript used in MV isn't compiled. All you have to do is save a text file with the extenstion .js and you're off. Though I agree that having a built-in script editor would be nice, but not really necessary.

e: ooh, page brkrrr (chievo unlocked)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
andreasaspenberg
they really should add a script editor so that scripts can at least be created and tested in the rpg maker without the user having to compile it in person. some people have only learned ruby and it is mean to them to remove it.

ruby was a bizarre language to choose for an international release anyway. you don't need to compile anything. if you use a program like Atom, you can have all the scripts open at one time while also having your game maps/database open for whatever reason (or not open at all!). It is far superior imo.

i initially had a knee-jerk "this sucks!" reaction too, but then i thought it through/tried it out.
Nearly identical to VX Ace. Didn't take out the stupid dropdown about how many times you can use per troop encounter (the per turn, per round, always thing; I don't know! Just use it when the condition is met!). Didn't update the number of preconditions in the troop section. More stupid masking for charsets. Shadows and ugliness.
Sound is not midi or wav but ogg.
Not buying.

On the other hand, I'm probably stealing the background images.
Oh yeah, did they fix the animation editor being 15 fps? I'd check my trial version but I'm on a diff computer.
without a built in script editor all of the scripts need to be compiled into a plugin and then loaded through the plugin manager. it is extra work just to test it. the plugin manager does mean that people can release their scripts as plugins but, for people working on games together with scripts for those games it is more work.
author=YouChouEntame
There's nothing to worry,RPG Maker MV is using programmable plugins instead~!

You can use a much more powerful text editor or IDE like Atom, Sublime or Webstorm that provides much more features than the RM Script editors. You can just load a project folder and it pretty much functions the same.
they should add a script editor. as it currently is it is weaker than rpg maker 2003 which also supports plugins but those are written in c which is more powerful.
you sound determined to hate MV
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
andrea if you're gonna bitch about the exact same thing in every post and ignore what people say, don't bother posting about it

darken: i believe so yes, but you can still change it in-game
my name is not andrea!!!!!! people have to stop making fun of my name all of the time. i do not hate anything. the removal of a script editor from rpg maker mv is just really problematic because it causes extra work. i have tested it and found nothing new except graphics and music but that can be ported back to vx ace.(most likely). i am a very logical man and therefore not emotional. eventing have no new content elements from vx ace. vx ace have more available graphics and music than mv and is according to what i have read more stable.
author=andreasaspenberg
my name is not andrea!!!!!! people have to stop making fun of my name all of the time. i do not hate anything. the removal of a script editor from rpg maker mv is just really problematic because it causes extra work. i have tested it and found nothing new except graphics and music but that can be ported back to vx ace.(most likely). i am a very logical man and therefore not emotional. eventing have no new content elements from vx ace. vx ace have more available graphics and music than mv and is according to what i have read more stable.

People are not making fun of your name, they're trying to use a shorter version of it when talking to you.

You DO realize your username is "andreasaspenberg", right? Taking the first chunk and using that to refer to you isn't that uncommon.

Like how people often shorten my username to "Aegix" or even "Aeg" or "Age".

They are not trying to mock you.

And considering how much you're complaining about the script editor thing in MULTIPLE forum threads, I'm not surprised people are assuming you "hate" MV, and are acting "emotional". Heck, I'm starting to think that!

Look, MV (from what I've used), is basically "Ace, but with some nifty new stuff like mouse controls, animated sideview battlers, and the ability to export to Mac". And I'm honestly ok with that. Especially with some of the awesome new scripts/plugins that I've seen pop up lately.

It's perfectly fine as a release, IMO.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I think his name is "Andreas Aspenberg". Not "Andrea Saspenberg".

Not like there's any way to tell with it all typed out with no spaces and in lower case.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
>i am a very logical man and therefore not emotional
>six exclamation points in a row
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=LockeZ
>i am a very logical man and therefore not emotional

>implying one cannot be of both
No offence, andreasaspenberg, but if you're a true game maker, the removal of the script editor is nothing. True game programmers use Notepad to create and edit scripts.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=eplipswich
True game programmers use Notepad Microsoft Word to create and edit scripts.

fixed that
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
I don't even edit scripts.
I'm not a true game maker.
author=kentona
pfft vi all the way

A man who understands my soul. Do you compile to c 89, 99, or the heretical 11?
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=YouChouEntame
There's nothing to worry,RPG Maker MV is using programmable plugins instead~!
You can use a much more powerful text editor or IDE like Atom, Sublime or Webstorm that provides much more features than the RM Script editors. You can just load a project folder and it pretty much functions the same.
I use visual studio because it will literally murder me if I mess up syntax.

Any chance we may be able to get some less uh-- how do I say this nicely? less utterly useless documentation for the JS side of it? Two of my coders who are fluent in javascript are getting overly frustrated with the way it's integrated and can't figure out how to do much.

I'm asking on their behalf because ultimately they'd be making plugins for me.