SHOOTING GAME

Pages: 1
Hi everyone I just want to know if anybody out there know's how
to make a shooting game on Rpg maker I never tried it before
and want to know how Thanks.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Make a skill called shoot with an animation of a gunshot and give it to a character
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
This is what's called a Shmup, or Shoot 'em Up, and yes, we had a whole group of people that worked with RPG Maker on this site once upon a time that called themselves "shmup". Of course, we will not tell that sorry tale here. In answer to your question, there are a number of ways to preempt an RPG Maker engine to make shmups.

WitchWorks! VX Ace
Gunslinger Osdeon, VX Ace
The Curse of Captain Loveless, RPG Tsukuru 2003

Beat-em ups work on the same overall principle so let me link you to a tech demo that you are allowed to look at and dig into.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, RPG Tsukuru 2003

Take a look at the editors for each of these games if you want an idea of how they work.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Hey, what about my games? :P
pianotm
I'm sorry! >.<
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
In Ace, you basically need appropriate assets, an action battle system and a movement script.
pianotm
Cap_H
In Ace, you basically need appropriate assets, an action battle system and a movement script.

Ah, where's the fun in that? Let him try his hand at some serious shmup creation (Really, it is fun figuring out all of the possible ways you can can tell the engine to go fuck itself.)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
*Edit:

Correct response is correct.
author=InfectionFiles
Make a skill called shoot with an animation of a gunshot and give it to a character

PROTECT INFECTIONFILES AT ALL COSTS

Is this what you are looking for, since this is what i'm working on right now :)

It can be achieved fairly easily by combining an ABS with a Mouse script and some slight tweaking of those scripts.
Yes I would like to use this or a Target one could be nice to like
DefCon 5 or something.
like this?

from Befuddle Quest 4 Dead

or like this?

from Battle City RM2k Gold

Yes like that the first one thanks
author=redwall10
Yes like that the first one thanks

Well, let's list it out.
1. Assets
2. Mouse script
3. A HUD manager
4. A method by which to recognize when you click on the images of the targets.
(4.1 You could manage to get something to roughly work with a clever use of events, but you'd have a problem with curves. So, script.)
5. A way to integrate into a game in a fun way.

RPG Maker isn't the most suited for that kind of game, so warning.
Pages: 1