STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
"Agnelia," I say, pointing at myself.

I reach into the storage compartment I got my translation visor from, and gather up the rest of my things: a collection of stolen ID cards, and a mess that used to be a sandwich before the ship exploded. Licking the mayonnaise-substitute off of the ID cards, I stick them in my hospital gown's belt and decide the sandwich is beyond saving.

I go to the door and wander off by myself down the corridor in search of the medical bay.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
"Wait! Agnelia!" I stand up and want to follow the kid, but I know that it would be best for me to stay in the cockpit in case we need to take some kind of evasive maneuvers.

"Lintis, Kasidy, keep an eye out for Agnelia, if anything happens, go fetch her before you come back to the cockpit." I sit back down and look at the instrument panel.

"I want to get this broken bird back to flying as soon as possible. If you find anything interesting, contact me with your radios, I'd like you to give me a sitrep every.... let's say... 10 minutes! It might be a pain, but this way I know nothing has happened to you guys."
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Kasady: What you know about ship condition: Atmospherics are working fine. The main drive can hardly be called functional, but it makes noise and will some way get the ship to Ceres. The jump drive is a lost cause. It'll have to be replaced. The scow is equipped with the cheapest shield available (non-functioning), no armor, and the weapons have been completely obliterated, but they were probably cheap Crystal Lasers. A single needle missile is intact. It's in a compartment that's too mangled to be certain it was a launcher. One of the fuel tanks has been ruptured. You barely have enough to get where you're going, and if you linger much longer, running the internal atmospheric and electrical systems, you're not even going to have that. It's nice to say you have a ship to get around on, but this isn't it. The damage is sufficiently extensive that this is probably the last trip it will ever make, or even be able to make. In short, you're flying scrap metal.

Lintis: I know oddRABBIT hasn't shown up, but this is rather simple enough that both of you aren't really needed. There's blood, but no corpses. Whatever the Wah'ri did, there's nothing left. There are no other survivors on board. There are no Wah'ri stowaways on board. The four of you are the only life to be found. You find nothing of use.

Ozardel: You take the pilot's seat.

All: Since we seem to have a consensus, I'll go ahead and assume you're under way to Ceres. The trip takes just under a day and a half. By the time you dock, you're running on fumes. For safely returning the scow with its cargo intact you are given a reward of 3,500 credits each (Agnelia included), courtesy of Physics Corporation. It's possible to purchase ships, but first, you've been summoned by a UAS representative, and he doesn't seem to be as enthusiastic or polite as the Physics representative was.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
"Excuse me mister UAS guy, but whatever you want with us, please make it short, we've had hell of a ride and want to get some rest. But whatever it is, you have our full support, I guess... " I tell the UAS representative rather casually, feeling uncomfortable to be so lax with a fellow member of the UAS.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I guess we're already meeting with him.

I have enough sense to stay quiet in this situation.
pianotm
(Sorry it took me a little while. I had stuffs to do.)

The UAS representative looks at Ozardel and says, "I'll bet you have." He turns to Agnelia and adopts the classic politician's smile. You almost expect him to give her a lollipop. "This is no place for a little girl," his voice is sickeningly saccharin. "Why don't you find your little friends and go play?" He straightens up and addresses the rest of you, now studiously ignoring Agnelia. It's as if he's forgotten she's even there. "So, who wants to be the first to explain this little fiasco?"
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Hrm. 3500 credits. Wonder what that can get me?

As for this UAS rep? I dunno what to tell this guy. I mean, the short version would be that we came under attack by the Wah'ri, and barely survived. I don't know if we would able to tell how recent the damage was to the ship we just arrived on (or if that was part of Kasady's examination) versus the attack on the Mako. If my guess is right, those Wah'ri are still out there, and they are more inclined to shoot first, and not bother with questions.

*Edit: So, I hear Ceres is an agricultural planet.

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
(Ninja'd.)
LockeZ
I make a rude gesture as the bigwig looks away from me after saying this is no place for a little girl.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Before I talk to UAS envoy, I give Agnelia an accepting look and nod my head, as to tell her that I also think this guy is a douchebag. Anyone who survives a Wah'ri attack and is ready to fight them after that, deserves a lot of respect, even if it's just a child.

"Alright sir, we were on this ship called the Mako, when we detected another spacecraft, drifting in space. The very same ship we used to get to Ceres. My comrades and I were sent on board of the derelict craft to see what had happened... and then..." I pause as I look towards my comrades. "We found the entire crew, save this child, masacred, by what seemed to be Wah'ri weaponry. Shortly after that Wah'ri ships appeared out of nowhere, no idea if it were two or three, but they destroyed the Mako and left us trapped in the craft that we used to get here."

"And that is pretty much it sir, if you don't have anything more to ask, we'll be on our way." I turn around and signal the others to get going, but stop for a short moment. "By the way sir..."

I turn my head towards Agnelia and give the UAS agent a serious look "I would not underestimate this kid if I were you, she almost strangled one of our guys when she mistook him for an enemy. Not many kids out there show such bravery after surviving such an attack"
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
(I really hope I'm not taking everything into my own hands too much. Please tell me if I'm going out of bounds at any given time)

Oops, double post ( -_-)
LockeZ
"Strangled!" I say, having learned an important and exciting new English word.

(In general, any amount of "deciding/speaking for the whole group" is usually fine as long as it's not something totally contrary to our goals. It keeps the story moving and prevents the group from splitting.)
pianotm
(I agree with LockeZ. It's not like we're in a finished basement drinking Mountain Dew and eating stale Cheez-Its together where everyone can reply on the spot. On a forum thread, waiting for absolutely everyone to respond when there's really nothing extra for anyone to say, can really slow a story down. That's why I rushed us through when I saw everyone lingering on the opening.)

The rep sneers and says, "So, that's your excuse for losing Mako? If it were up to me, you'd be billed for the loss of the ship and materials. Fortunately for you, it's not up to me. I'll tell you what is up to me; your continued employment with the UAS security services, which ends today. A damned corporation got better consideration from you." He gives Agnelia another glance. "Maybe you'll make better baby sitters." With that, he storms off, fuming.

Options:
Explore the town surrounding the docking port
Visit tavern
Visit supply store
LockeZ
I vote for visiting the tavern. That sounds like a good place to get in a fight about whether I'm allowed to drink.

I guess we don't have to stick together right now, but since we currently have no real goal yet (which is my least favorite part of any RPG), it seems like a really good idea to me to move as a group. That way, any events that happen and give us something to do will happen to all of us together. There's no particular role-playing reason to do it, just a meta-game reason.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I also think going to the tavern as a group would be a good idea and after that, we could go to the supply store. We could get up to speed on recent rumours in the tavern and later get us some nice stuff from the supply store.
Marrend
Dismissing a Wah'ri attack? The hell?
Ugh. Let it go. It's not worth arguing with this rep.

I'd be okay with going to the tavern first, then to the supply store. I'm thinking a good stiff drink is in order anyway!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Sure. The tavern sounds good, I suppose.
pianotm
All: The tavern is basically the only eating establishment in town. Once leaving the art deco docking port, you find yourselves in a rather rustic town. It's a rather bizarre mixture of the modern world and old world traditions. At one point, you see fields beyond town. This farmland, which is the main source of food for Star Fall, uses all of the modern farming technology available, yet like many people who lead a life living off the land, where technology isn't necessary for day to day life, it is often shunned for simpler techniques and tools.

Entering the tavern, it's nearly as hot inside as it is outside, the only reprieve coming from the four ceiling fans spinning at a moderate speed. There's a few old star pilots sitting by the bar. At a table, a group of farmhands are having a debate about who is the best at operating various farming machines. An elderly man in overalls and a straw hat sits dozing at another table over a glass and a bottle of dark fluid. The electronic menu shows a rather meager selection, but there's something for everyone. A dusty display monitor is turned to the UAS galactic news network. The woman on the screen is giving a financial report for the Alpha Proxima system.

As you pass the star pilots, you hear one of them say, "The supply shop has a gauntlet that's been restored."

The other says, "I flew one of those in the academy. Shame they don't make them anymore. Damned good ship."

"It better be for what they're asking for it."

"Good cargo space, too. If I had one of those, I'd load it up with some of the surplus grain and head off to Malir. I hear they're paying top dollar for it."
Marrend
Thanks for the trade-run tip, guys! Also, thanks for the tip about the ship in the supply shop! I've a funny feeling we're going to be getting that ship veeeeery soon.

*Edit: For now, I think I'll just order a drink. Maybe listen to the news. They might drop a trading tip as well!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
A mischievous smirk crosses my face as I hear these two farmers talk. I order a glass of water and sit down together with Lintis. "Alright Lint" I tell him with trickery in my eyes "I think have the perfect way of gaining us some quick buck." I look towards the two star pilots. "Suffice to say, we'll need that Gauntlet. In fact, I'd suggest it over any other thing, I'm a huge fan of that model."

"Alright, here's the plan, we procure this ship and get ourselves a huge load of corn. If what those old timers said was true, that corn should fetch a good price in Malir. And the best part, I know just how to get a lot of corn, wihtout wasting a single credit. If my intuition doesn't fail me that is."

"What you saying pirate hunter? Up for the task?"

(Question Piano, that surpluss corn isn't free, right?)