STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
OzzyTheOne
(Question Piano, that surpluss corn isn't free, right?)

No, it's not, but it's not expensive--on this planet, anyway.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
OOC aside: I would think that a surplus of corn would at least make the price-per-ton super-cheap.

Funny. I was thinking very much the same thing. The way they were talking, that Gauntlet is probably going to need all of us to pool our money together.

*Edit, OOC aside: I'm largely assuming that the ship is going to cost around 10,000 credits. If we each got 3,500, that totals 14,000. If my guess is right, that would leave us with about 4,000 for cargo and equipment/upgrades. Lintis found a Shield Repair earlier, so that's something to keep in mind as well.

*Edit2: Are there mission computers, or the like? If there's a job that would take us in the general direction of Malir, that would create an opportunity to make even more of a killing. Obviously, doing that would make the run to Malir riskier.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I motion to the bartender and point at a bottle of wine. I hand him one of my stolen IDs.
pianotm
Agnelia: His eyes narrow. He doesn't even look at the ID. He points to the sparkling cider--non-alcoholic. He also hands you a list of various soft drinks and fruit juices. Not a bad selection, actually, for a back water planet.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I start making a ruckus, yelling in my native language and slamming my hands on the bartop, pointing at the wine.

(God, I hope he has a way to scan my age.)
pianotm
The bartender rolls his eyes and turns to Lintis and Ozardel. "Hey! Can you keep your kid under control?"
Marrend
I'll briefly look at Ozardel, as he seems to know her language better, but make a (probably) feeble attempt to calm Agnelia down.

*Edit:
Whoa, there, Agnelia! You're a little bit young for that!
pianotm
I've finally finished the supply store for Ceres. It's huge, and it's barely got a quarter of what's available for sale in the game. So, any time you want to head over, I know you've got those credits burning holes in your pockets.

Mission computers! Sorry, missed that comment! You need a ship before you can accept a mission.
LockeZ
I pull out a second ID card and wave it at the bartender, continuing to shout incoherently.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
"Bartender! I'll have a bottle of wine if you don't mind." I put my hand on Agnelias shoulder. "Sorry Kid, but the moment I see your face cringe up upon tasting that wine, I'll take it away from you. I'm not really a fan of underage drinking." This has made me curious, Agnelia doesn't seem like a street kid, and his order for wine is quite interesting.

I'll have to ask her about her past at some moment.
Marrend
Sounds like we're headed for the supply store?

*Edit: Though, to be fair, it might depend on Agnelia's response.
pianotm
Ozardel: The bartender hands a bottle of wine over to you. (Credits will not apply to RP purchases that have nothing to do with the gameplay.)
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
(Sorry for my somewhat inactive posting, life is a pain.)

"I'll just have some water." I tell the bartender, before turning towards the upset child.

"Hey... Agnelia. I know you probably don't understand, and wherever you are from, you probably have different rules, but here, people under 21 cannot drink any form of alcoholic beverage. Okay?"
pianotm
(Just as a quick aside, in case anyone doesn't know, through medieval times, children drinking wine or beer with meals was perfectly acceptable, and in many societies until well after before water purification became a thing. This is why Agnelia is so upset about this. This is not normal to her.)
LockeZ
(Well, they also don't know where I'm from, at this point.)

I make what can only be interpreted as a rude gesture to Kasady, forming a circle with my thumb and index finger and sticking my tongue through it. I take a sip of wine directly from the bottle and pass it to Ozardel.

My eyes open wide. Whoa, that's good stuff. There isn't even any dirt in it. I quickly yank it back away from him and take another sip before sliding it over to him again.

I lean back in my chair happily, seeming agreeable.
pianotm
So, waiting for the leader to decide what to do next, since Agnelia and Kasady seem to go with the flow. Where are you, Ozardel? Do you agree with Lintis or is there something else you think you should do?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh! Sorry, I was very busy this weekend and had forgotten about Starfall! Yeah, I agree with Lintis, let's go to the supply store and afterwards buy that ship and as much corn as we can.

Also, I'm surprised at Agnelias reaction, it's as if she never tasted something better in her entire life. I'm completely confused by this childs behaviour.

Edit: Wow, I edited this post at least three times, sorry for being so out of the loop guys, won't happen again.
pianotm
(Note: I'm not entirely sure of the game balance where pricing is concerned, so I may adjust some prices throughout the game if I see it getting too hard or easy for you.)

Ceres Star Supply

The woman behind the counter says, “I don't have everything that the larger stores on planets like Aldus Prime or Ragnarok have, but I've got enough to get you by.”

Prices are in credits per unit.

Goods for Trade:Grain: 4
Purified Water: 8
Maize: 8
Strawberries: 18
Blueberries: 18
Onions: 3
Lettuce: 3
Rice: 10
Beef: 15
Chicken: 8
Flour: 10
Sugar: 10
White Vinegar: 2
Apple Cider Vinegar: 3
Red Wine Vinegar: 3
Whiskey: 30

Parts and Components:

Laser (main) Weapons:
Crystal Laser 250 credits
Gatling Laser 400 cr.
Quartz Laser 1000 cr.
Garnet Laser 2000 cr.
Cobalt Laser 3000 cr.

Missiles and Torpedoes (secondary weapons):

Needle Missiles 50 cr.
Breaker Missiles 75 cr.
Stinger Missiles 100 cr.
Paladin Missiles 200 cr.
Titan Missiles 500 cr.

Shields:

Basic Shields 300 cr.
Ion Shields 600 cr.
Wave Shields 1000 cr.
Particle Shields 2000 cr.

Armor:

Standard Armor 300 cr.
Fiber Armor 600 cr.
Micro Armor 1000 cr.
Plate Armor 2000 cr.

Engines:

A21 Physics 750 cr.
JR1 Roberts 800 cr.
9A11 Conrad 2000 cr.
F211 Conrad Industries 2500 cr.
A44 Physics 3000 cr.
J19 Paladin 4000 cr.
FL221 Conrad Ind. 4500 cr.

Upgrade Components:

Speed Booster (3 uses between refueling: doubles speed for 5 turns) 1500 cr.
Sensors (can detect enemy capabilities) 2000 cr.
Scan Blocker (Hides cargo. If caught using this, bounty hunters and UAS Ships will attack.) 5000 cr.
Power Booster (Increases laser power by 2 for five turns. Repair will be required.) 2500 cr.
Shield Guard (prevents shields from being damaged upon depletion). 1500 cr.
Engine Guard (Prevents Engine from being damaged in combat). 1500 cr.

Note: the size of the weapon and shields you can upgrade to on any ship is dependent on the size of the engine your vehicle is equipped with. You can upgrade the engine on any vehicle, but remember, the smaller the ship, the more limited you are in your options for engine upgrades. The same holds true for armor casings. Upgrade slots are used to install secondary components such as cloaking devices and engine guards, and tertiary weapons such as mines, decoys, and flares. Finally, the speed of a ship is dependent on the ship's weight combined with the engine size. For example, the A21 Physics has the least power of any engine, but in a lightweight craft such as the Arrow or the Corsair, it can outrace and outmaneuver many ships with more powerful engines. You do not have to match the company names when upgrading. A Physics ship will have no problem operating with a Roberts or a Conrad engine.

Physics L14 Arrow:

Weight:
Shield: Standard Shields
Armor: Standard Armor
Weapon: Crystal Laser
Engine: A21 Physics Engine (speed is 6)
Cargo Space: 60
Missile capacity: 4
Upgrade slots: 4
Seats: 1

Basic starter craft for the game. Fast and agile, it can handle the ordinary pirates and Wah'ri you'll meet. It comes with Physics' smallest engine and the basic equipment.

2500 Credits

Roberts Y-80 Corsair:

Weight:
Shield: Ion Shields
Armor: Fiber Armor
Engine: JR1 Roberts (speed is 6)
Cargo Space: 60
Upgrade slots: 4

Basic starter craft for the game. A little better than the Physics Arrow, but the Arrow can be upgraded to a larger engine and better weapons than the Corsair is capable of equipping.

2750 Credits

Conrad H108 Viper:

Weight:
Shield: Standard Shields
Engine: 9A11 Conrad (speed is 5)
Cargo Space: 80
Upgrade slots: 6
Seats: 2

Basic starter craft for the game. Heavier and slower than the Corsair or the Arrow. It has better cargo capacity and more upgrade slots. Can be operated solo or with a co-pilot. Will not maneuver as quickly as the Corsair or the Arrow.

3000 Credits

More advanced ships:

Roberts X81 Mustang:

Weight:
Weapon: J19 Paladin (speed is 7)
Engine: Gatling Laser
Cargo Space: 140
Missile capacity: 6
Upgrade slots: 6

A racing vehicle. Can upgrade to a relatively moderate output engine. Not really favored by career merchants due to it's moderate cargo capacity. This is better for bounty hunting...or activities of a less legal bent.

7500 Credits

Physics 181 Berserker:

Weight:
Armor: Micro Armor
Engine: A68 Physics (speed is 6)
Weapons: Quartz Laser
Cargo Space: 180
Missile Capacity: 8
Upgrade Slots: 8

This is a lumbering monster. It takes a relatively large engine to push this craft and it has a poor turn ratio, but what it lacks in speed and maneuverability, it makes up for in armor and firepower. Requires a gunner.

11,000 Credits

Restored Gauntlet:

Weight:
Shield: Wave Shields
Engine: JR1 Roberts (Speed is 4)
Weapons: Gatling Laser
Cargo Space: 300
Missile capacity: 6
Upgrade slots: 8

This was a popular ship, back in the day. It's been fully restored. It comes with its factory standard engine, but the mechanic decided to equip it with its best systems. If you want to upgrade its weapons or shields, you'll have to upgrade the engine: its equipping is already maxed out. These were a favorite of merchants. Not as maneuverable as, say, the Arrow or the Corsair, but it handles well enough.

9,500 Credits

Conrad Knight XR2

Weight:
Shields: Particle Shields
Armor: Micro Armor
Engine: FL221 Conrad (speed is 8)
Weapons: Quartz Laser
Cargo Space: 100
Missile Capacity: 8
Upgrade Slots: 8

A favorite of bounty hunters. Conrad designed these for military use, but the UAS Star Navy ended up favoring the Roberts Excaliburs as single fighters and the Sterns Imperions as heavy fighters. Highly maneuverable and heavily armed.

12,000 Credits

LockeZ
Man, I'm not used to having good pictures of things in these games. That's neat.

You say that the weapons and shields you can put on a ship are limited by its engine, and the engine and armor are limited by its size, but I don't see either of those limits listed anywhere. Could I get a Conrad H108 Viper and put Titan Missiles on it?
pianotm
LockeZ
Man, I'm not used to having good pictures of things in these games. That's neat.

You say that the weapons and shields you can put on a ship are limited by its engine, and the engine and armor are limited by its size, but I don't see either of those limits listed anywhere. Could I get a Conrad H108 Viper and put Titan Missiles on it?

Oh, sorry. Secondary weapons are not limited by this restriction because unlike the lasers, they're only attached to the launcher, and the launcher will shoot anything that fits it. So yeah, you can put titans on a Viper. As for engine size versus ship capacity, my brain was already melting compiling this list and I figured that it was still kind of early in the game to worry about that, but my spreadsheet does have a max engine size for these ships, so if you want that, I can go ahead and put together a post.