STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
So...to clarify: I roll your first fight, and everyone bails?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, more like Ozzy and Oddrabbit bailed, and then Marrend and I waited so long for them to post that I think we forgot about it.

They were on the same ship, right? We could probably build their disappearance into the story if they don't wanna keep going.
pianotm
We can always ask them. If they don't want to play anymore, a single Viper can handle a pair of Buccaneers without too much trouble.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh no, I did by no means bail, I just kinda forgot this was here.

I'll have my actions for you in a sec...

"Alright guys, looks like it's action time!" me being the pilot of the Gauntlet, I decide to move: left, left, diagonal left up. Trying to get closer to the enemy, not worrying too much about potential damage because I trust the Gauntlet.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Similarly, I also forgot. Sorry for being so useless.

Though, I need a bit of clarification. Who is on each ship?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=oddRABBIT
Though, I need a bit of clarification. Who is on each ship?

I think it's LockeZ and myself in the Viper while Ozzy and you are in the Gauntlet?

*Edit: Hold up, if we're doing combat we need some music!
pianotm
I need both pilot's actions. Also, both of those ships don't actually require a second person for gunner. The pilot can do that, but the option exists, so if you're taking that option, I need gunner's actions, too.

So, Ozerdal's given me his action. I need Lintis's action.

EDIT: Kasidy is riding with Ozerdal and Agnelia is riding with Lintis.
Marrend
Right! Let's move that Viper diagonal (up-left), diagonal (up-left), left and give 'em what-for!
pianotm

Pirates move: Pirate 1 has only moved one space and is able to fire.

Direct hit on Gauntlet. Forward shield loses one layer. Remaining energy on forward shield: 7.

Pirate 1's turn is over.
Pirate 2's turn is over.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Damn, they attacked without even waiting. If that's how this is gonna play out, I'll be taking over as the Viper's gunner. Pew pew!

By "pew pew" I mean Fire a stinger missile at Pirate 1.

I'm interested in how turns and firing range work, but since we're all so close together it's not terribly important right now.

Piano: I don't think "having enough room" is really a problem worth worrying about, since this is outer space and if we get to the edge of the map, the map can just be extended to have more empty space. I think it's OK to crop it to just show the relevant parts, and it can be implied that there's nothing noteworthy beyond that. Not that I can really imagine much movement other than "stay in firing range" or "flee at top speed" when there's a complete lack of terrain.
Marrend
I'll man the Crystal Lasers to shoot Pirate 1!
pianotm
That...is a good point. I'll do that from now on.

Also, you rolled maximum stats across the board for that attack.

Pirate 1 is destroyed.

pianotm
That...is a good point. I'll do that from now on.

Also, you rolled maximum stats across the board for that attack.

Pirate 1 is destroyed.

Marrend
Sweeeet!

Ozzy, oddRABBIT, get in here and nuke the other one!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Alrighty, I'm here, calm your mammaries Marrend.

I attack the other pirate ship with the gatling laser! pew pew pew

"Alright! Good work Lintis and Agnelia, let me wrap this up by taking out the last of the pirate scum."
pianotm
And another critical hit. Pirate 2's forward shields have been knocked out. Shield generator has been damaged so that they cannot replenish. Shield power over other sections has been cut in half.

LockeZ
I open a comm link and send back a recording of the message they sent us before. "We demand you hand over your cargo or be destroyed."
pianotm
You should probably just shoot. You're still in range.
Marrend
author=pianotm

Agreed. Fire away with the Crystal Lasers!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Marrend
author=pianotm
Agreed. Fire away with the Crystal Lasers!

I'm seconding this, let's blow them up! Take aim and fire the gatling laser!!