11%
Bangers and Smash (10 Hours)
2%
10 Hour Themed Gammak
7%
10 Day Themed Gammak
12%

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I'll try to whip out a basic Ace tileset. Very few elements, but it'll do.
Does the Time Fantasy graphics count as retro, because I don't have any NES style graphics, and I try to avoid using rips now a days?
Well... It seems that retro will win... ToT
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Wait, you guys voted retro but there's not a retro tileset already?!
author=Sooz
Wait, you guys voted retro but there's not a retro tileset already?!

well, I made a basic set for MOG way back when: https://rpgmaker.net/events/mog_graphics/

for example:
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
ENJOY YOUR SEVERELY LIMITED GRAPHICAL OPTIONS, SUCKERS!
author=Sooz
ENJOY YOUR SEVERELY LIMITED GRAPHICAL OPTIONS, SUCKERS!

Meh, late 8-bit games could look quite good. And some were actually quite complex. Like Lagrange Point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Xu-ZGfAhM . Aaaand for the event Libs said it was more important that it feel like 8-bit/old school gam, rather than an RM port of FF1. (Also some of the later RPGs for the NES were really complex story-wise so you don't absolutely have to have 1 line of dialogue options only.)
Sooz
author=Delsin7
Meh, late 8-bit games could look quite good. And some were actually quite complex. Like Lagrange Point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Xu-ZGfAhM . Aaaand for the event Libs said it was more important that it feel like 8-bit/old school gam, rather than an RM port of FF1. (Also some of the later RPGs for the NES were really complex story-wise so you don't absolutely have to have 1 line of dialogue options only.)

You have totally missed the context of that statement, dude:

author=Sooz
Wait, you guys voted retro but there's not a only one retro tileset already?!
Don't blame me, I voted for bangers and smash!

author=Mirak
I'll try to whip out a basic Ace tileset. Very few elements, but it'll do.

That'd be cool but don't do it on my account. I'm one of those people who never finishes or releases games and I'm on enough shitlists as it is!
author=GreatRedSpirit

Me too!!! That could have been really cool! I don't know what people find thaaaat interesting and fun about retro... There are sooo many limitations! Escape the room would have been really fun too... You know what? We have to find 8 or 11 more people and convince them to vote either for escape the room or bangers and smash! :D
author=GreatRedSpirit

Me too!!! That could have been really cool! I don't know what people find thaaaat interesting and fun about retro... There are sooo many limitations! Escape the room would have been really fun too... You know what? We have to find 8 or 11 more people and convince them to vote either for escape the room or bangers and smash! :D

*sorry for the double post... My smartphone is crazy ToT*
Mirak
What is physically stopping you from making a "retro" escape the room? What stops you from making a retro bangers and smash? Liberty already said graphics are not the only thing that make a game retro. Be creative.

Edit: ohh a few people are voting for others since i posted. Maybe there'll be a last minute miracle for you guys
author=Mirak
What is physically stopping you from making a "retro" escape the room? What stops you from making a retro bangers and smash? Liberty already said graphics are not the only thing that make a game retro. Be creative.

Well, I think it's not a problem of creativity, but that maybe many people here(and i'm one of them) doesn't have any experience in making "retro" games... Besides how could it be retro if I actually make a game that looks "normal" like every other game? I think I would be then out of the contest. The problem is that, although Liberty said that not only the graphics make a game retro, I don't see how I could make one seem retro without them... It's quite difficult, don't you think?
Anyways, this doesn't mean that i won't try! ;)
I only think that maybe it could have been easier for some of us if it wasn't retro, that's all. :)
My vote wasn't for what I wanted to make, it was for what I wanted to see made! If my previous posts in this thread were any indication I am actually creatively bankrupt and only capable of cribbing and referencing other games and media. I just started to get neat game ideas because I'm a big dumb retro nerd (see my gushing about Ultima 4&5 mechanics post) and now I am cautiously excited about doing something.

e: my grammar skills are also bankrupt
ESBY
extreme disappointment
author=Make_it_MagiK
Well, I think it's not a problem of creativity, but that maybe many people here(and i'm one of them) doesn't have any experience in making "retro" games...
but we all have experience in making escape the room games?
making retro games doesn't take any experience.

besides, I have no experience in bangers and smash or escaping rooms, either.
Sooz
author=ESBY

I don't think many people here have experience in escaping their rooms, TBH :V
The only thing that I personally don't like thaaat much from retro games are the graphics, I prefer the new ones...
author=ESBY

Ehhh... No? I don't have it neither. The thing is that it's easier, that's all. I don't think mapping one room and make some puzzles to escape is that difficult, don't you think?

author=kentona
making retro games doesn't take any experience.

besides, I have no experience in bangers and smash or escaping rooms, either.

I don't have it neither. I think I shouldn't have used the word "experience" since like you said we also don't have it in escaping rooms or bangers and smash. Still, what I wanted to say is that maybe for some of us is easier to make a "modern/nowadays" game instead of a retro one... That's it. I didn't want to make a big discussion because of it. It was only my opinion and besides i already said that although "retro" will win i will however try to make something... Difficult things are challenging :)
Mirak
author=NoBody13
The only thing that I personally don't like thaaat much from retro games are the graphics, I prefer the new ones...
Then make a retro game using modern graphics. All you have to do is follow the building structure of rpg's from the NES era, not necessarily USE NES style graphics.

You know, 1-tile high walls, no separate maps for house interiors, no ceilings on houses, etc.

Unless you're making another kind of retro game that is not an rpg, which is a thing that you can totally do as well.