[RMVX ACE] CUSTOM SPRITES

Pages: 1
Here are some early ideas/drafts of the first three main characters for my Lunar fan game (name yet to be determined)

I still need to simplify them down to the sprite style of Lunar and I'm still unsure of the heroine. I've decided to go with a beastman main character/hero instead of a human like hiro and Alex. I'm also considering making a vile tribe protagonist as well. The game will take place several years after silver star story. I'm between SSS and EB. I'm thinking either 20-50 or 500.
Okay, but what exactly do you need/want from us?
I guess just opinions, suggestions, thoughts. I really need a scripter to help me reproduce the game play or at least as close as we can get with RMVXA. I can do sprites, artwork, and the world on my own more or less- itll just take a long time. But I cant afford to pay anyone at the time being. I was just posting my preliminary sprite works and wanted some input. :)
I thought that's what this thread was for, showing off our work :P
You can show off your work. You can ask for opinions and all of that. I just think that is what Liberty was asking since there was no other context to the thread. I think the sprites look alright the way they are.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Personally, I like XP style sprites. These look very nice, though I note that the blue dress has some mild pillow shading going on.
@piantom Thanks! Though I'm not really sure what you mean by pillow shading. I've recently finished my Vile Tribe party member, hes going to be the warrior of the party like Kyle. I'm going to start work on my second female party member and last main character aside from my Dragon companion (Nall/Ruby) once I manage to finish tannifying the female body template I'm using. I was going to include a third female party member but I decided to not have the first one get kidnapped like Luna. So I'm stopping the PCs at 5 instead of 6. I'll put the last two party members up on my locker and in the thread once im finished. After that I'll get to work on NPCs (main non player characters, extras, and bosses.) :D
Interesting characters! Nice spriting work too. Can't wait to see the game! :)
And here is my last male hero/PC for the game

I am still working on tanning the female body template for my second heroine, but will upload her once I can. I'll start work on my villains and NPCs next.
I think some of the characters' clothing could use more contrast (especially the girl's dress/capelet), but overall this is some really solid work.

The only thing that really sticks out to me is that the last sprite (the one with the green coat) seems to lose their ponytail in the bottom row. I think the coat ended up covering it. ^^
Pages: 1