[MAFIA] THE EXORCISM OF MAFIAVILLE (GAME OVER)

Let's lynch cave and put him out of misery
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
TL;DR
will catch up later.
In short defense of my hammer. Liberty *did* feel kinda cocky. But I suppose in retrospect that was in due to innocence. Ah well.It was her or no one.
An hour after I thought night ended (the moderator posted that someone had died, in this case it was a werewolf, so I just assumed it was "hammermorning" or whatever) I went to our summer cottage, so was saunaing and sleeping and whatnots.

Now I missed the fact that night didn't actual end with the kill. To me that can mean a couple of things. It might mean the night actions were processed as they happened and that the werewolves couldn't decide who to kill (unlikely) or it might mean the kill was the werewolfkill but it was bounced by like a survivalist or whatever. Or it was a night action kill and the werewolfkill was protected by some sort of guardian.

(I don't know proper werewolf role names in this case, but Survivalist to me means someone who can activate (usually once per game) to be alert during the night phase and kill one of the people who attack him and Guardian is someone who picks another player and protects them during the night.)

For really stupid reasons I'm still suspicious of Gourd. The reasons are incredibly obvious and the thing that makes me doubt myself is just how obvious they are and the werewolves are probably a lot more careful than that.

psy_wombats
@Shinan: Unless we reach a majority of votes, no one actually dies.

Doesn't the person with the most votes at the end of a day die? I mean if the "majority" in the rules mean you have to have more than 50% of votes then that is also "hammer" at the same time so it makes no sense that they would be mentioned differently.
rules
Lynching is hammer. If the day ends before hammer is reached, majority will be sufficient to lynch.

Libby had three more votes than everyone else who had a vote against them by the time people started screaming for a hammering. She was going to die no matter what.
Dudesoft
Oh really? I thought it was hammer. I should read the rules more thoroughly.

Anyway, before I slowly weed through the posts so far, I will also note about Night.
The Possessed thing at the start of night either means that he was secretly selected by a day power, or the mafia already knew who they were going to kill before night started, and this game is running strictly on a clock, or some other bullshit. Does Possessed mean previously Town, or is that perhaps a mafia role?
Does that mean we are down 4 Town and 1 Mafia?
Eh, thoughts.

*goes back and reads through today*
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
If possessed means that Demonlord was scum then I'm very curious as to why he got killed/died. Maybe every day or every two days a random scum is killed off? In that case, maybe scum might have a different objective than just kill all of town. I doubt the random kill idea though, but I do insist on the idea that scum might have a different objective than being the majority/kill off town.

Thanks to odd's little stunt, I think it is quite plausible that the win conditions are what is truly unlike a regular mafia game.
Dudesoft
A whole lot of pages filled with nothing much; but this is the truly stand-out exchange today that moves my hand:
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm unsure how to proceed now.

if the theory about there being one person possessing people is true, which is what I am HEAVILY leaning towards because piano apparently said he took inspiration from the smt game, along with jeroen and piano not feeling worried about game balance after modkilling 3(!!!) townies, then, there is essentially very little scumhunting we can actually do because there's a lot less to analyze. most of my lynches would probably be based more on meta of who piano would give that role to tbh.

if we want to proceed as if that isn't true, i think the scumteam is almost entirely lurkers+ozzy=
author=OzzyTheOne
I only truly suspect CAVE, but that is mostly due to the fact that I absolutetly hate his meta, on every game that I play, I don't stop suspecting him until it is 100% proven that he is not scum. He has tricked town in the past and I'm not ready to be tricked by him at any point of this game.

This feels so scum, I am convinced.
Another point noted at least three times is that I am doing nothing, and as town (once) I filled a notebook full of uh, notes.
Welp, you got me. Definitely haven't been as active/into this one as before. I'll crack open a pad of paper later tonight. For now, I am on the Ozzy hunt. You are trying to defend yourself without reason, and it seems all over the place. Feels scared(?).

#lynch OzzytheOne
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I was trying to build a case against CAVE without the stupid argument that "He's a good player, let's kill him due to that". Said argument is a stupid argument, I want him dead because I think he's scum. But the more I tried to do so, the more suspicious I got. I would never try to go by a hunch if I were scum.

Also, if you guys lynch me, you're gonna do a huge disservice to town.
Dudesoft
Why do you say that? Are you claiming a power?
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
Just woke up, gonna read through everything- quick Q- how many to hammer today?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Dudesoft

Yes, I am the hunter, my job is to make sure that all dangers to town are eliminated. We cannot allow scum to find the vessel! For that will mean defeat.
My ability is to target someone at night, if said target is the vessel they die, if said person is not the vessel, they live.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
With ten alive, it takes six to hammer.

OzzyTheOne (2): psy_wombats, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Ebeth
Oh shit if Ozzy is the hunter everyone should cancel their votes on him.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=OzzyTheOne
I was trying to build a case against CAVE without the stupid argument that "He's a good player, let's kill him due to that". Said argument is a stupid argument, I want him dead because I think he's scum. But the more I tried to do so, the more suspicious I got. I would never try to go by a hunch if I were scum.

Also, if you guys lynch me, you're gonna do a huge disservice to town.

Maybe it's time to specify this.

I see one problem with Ozzy being Mafia now. Dudesoft votes him, Psy votes him, Cave votes him. Nobody tried to start an opposing case.

Let's say that Demon really was a wolf.
Day 1, Demon had a strange reaction to Ozzy's RNG vote. His vote on liberty was actually quite weak an vague. It started with a statement:
author=demon
I don't like ozzys rng thing from last night, but after the points made against liberty I'm more inclined to vote in that direction.

Also, Demon interacted a lot with Dudesoft. He suspected him, while writing that he's not in danger.

Ozzy and Dudesoft are not wolves together as we can see from Dude's post. We just need to find out, which one of them could be with Demon. I read Demon town D1, but looking back at his comments, they're obviously scummy. So, It's likely that there are only 2 wolves left and push against the lynch is less visible.
Ebeth
Also- Ozzy- who did you target last night? It would confirm them as town, right? Or did you target Demonlord?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=OzzyTheOne
author=Dudesoft
Yes, I am the hunter, my job is to make sure that all dangers to town are eliminated. We cannot allow scum to find the vessel! For that will mean defeat.
My ability is to target someone at night, if said target is the vessel they die, if said person is not the vessel, they live.

Why did you choose Demon? Was it your target?

@Piano, i think that Invalid YouTube URLhttps://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23247/?post=828947#post828947too. So, It's four.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Ebeth
Also- Ozzy- who did you target last night? It would confirm them as town, right? Or did you target Demonlord?

I targeted you ebeth, and no, that would not confirm anyone as town, it would just confirm people as not vessel. I don't think the vessel is part of scum, else scum's objective would not be to find the vessel.

Hunting for the vessel will be interesting, I'm certain that the vessel doesn't know who scum is, else there would be little point in the game. I guess the vessel would probably be among the people that are reluctant to vote on a scummy character.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Either Pianotm missed my vote or I forgot to actually vote.

It doesn't matter because:

#Cancel

author=Ebeth
He said scum doesn't know who the vessel is, so it would only confirm them as not being the vessel. If scum doesn't know who the vessel is, but Ozzy has a power to kill the vessel, then either Ozzy or the vessel must be neutral. Or he's scum and he's lying about his power, I guess that's a third option.

Regardless, who he targetted isn't info that we should be giving the scum team, since it narrows the game down for them, so please don't answer Ebeth's question.

If Ozzy's telling the truth, then it sounds like scum has a non-traditional (and probably much easier) goal, but as town we have a non-changing scum team that can be hunted in the traditional way. This is very good news.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
WHY DID YOU ANSWER
Dudesoft
I'm not convinced the Hunter thing is anything more than a plea to stay alive. To be careful:
#cancel

So that brings me back to my initial gut instinct of Cap_H. I don't play this game enough to know how people play. Even Cave is an unknown playstyle because his typing style blinds me from whatever he's doing behind the wild text. I'm not voting for Cap_H, because my gut is proven to be wrong on numerous times in the past. I need to re-read and note-up Day 1 to compare with D2, though not much has happened REALLY.

Honestly a huge problem is that we're effectively into Day 4 because of the fake accounts, except for the lack of days going by. There is so little to work with, and so few chances to take.