MAFIA: IS THIS WEREWOLF? [MAFIA]

author=pianotm
If Gourd had ever had a chance to contact me, I was ready.

Investigated Aneko. I believe her.
Jeroen or Psy scum. Leaning Jeroen.
Are you blind? JJJ was indie.
My last pick is Cave.

I'm glad bc I was going to commune with you on the off chance we had lynched the wrong person + there was one more day. Even at the end I was kinda paranoid that aneko was scum-aligned but her being town aligned made a lot more sense. I pretty much just let psy direct me at that point which, well, it was nearly a winning strategy!
Cave just needed to die at the end of day 3. Not only was jeroen lurking at the end of day d3 making him look suspicious, but if a nightkill had happened night 3 his claim would have been dead in the water too.
tbh I was really torn on if Jeroen was suspicious or not until he started saying I looked eager to vote which I... definitely did not.

I do appreciate his smug scum post though. XD It's too bad aneko wasn't faster but it happens!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
No nightkill would have happened. We legitimately couldn't kill N1, N3, N5 etc.

I had two options at the end of D3. Bus Cave and hope that Psy would kill Gourd with me the next day, or hope that Aneko wouldn't show up in time to vote. I chose the latter, and it worked... barely. Now Cave's streak of never being lynched as scum continues.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Gourd_Clae
tbh I was really torn on if Jeroen was suspicious or not until he started saying I looked eager to vote which I... definitely did not.

I do appreciate his smug scum post though. XD It's too bad aneko wasn't faster but it happens!

Now never give me too little credit ever again. ;-)
Jeroen_Sol
No, really. It was just dumb luck that led to scum's victory.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
im ashamed of winning in this way but i also accept it

author=aneko
sorryyy i had just gotten home and Muffle told me to run to the computer even though i didn't have enough time t say anything I barely go to it. x.x I feel bad... I was between cave and Cap i should have killed cave

this is why deadlines should be in the evening. If I was town and felt inclined to vote I would have not been at a computer either. of course you could put down a vote well before deadline but its natural at lylo to want to hear as much as possible before making a decision.

swingy is a good way to describe this game but I think it favored town (but would hesitate to use the word 'balanced' in any way) because of how massclaiming had the potential to break it wide open* and the litany of power roles. I'm not sure if people understand how lucky we were in killing the jailer day 1. Lockez could have obliterated the scumteam with that. Similarly even with the traitor bomb going off, a mislynch, and an incorrect vig, town still could have won the game. And if aneko had shot me it would have been locked down.
on the other hand scum powers were stuff like rolecop (actually good but nullified by massclaim) and role that produces random fake messages.

i tend to think most setups on this site favor town tho

Also, fun fact Jero&Cave. You were talking about how it was unfair that you could only kill every other night making town have an easy win, the traitor - JJJ7 - was basically your vigilante that could shoot the nights you couldn't kill. ;)

us only being able to kill on even nights was the least of our issues. the thing that was bothering me the most during the game was the mod interaction with players. I've gone over this and so have others recently and its something EVERYONE DOES so there's no reason to feel bad about it, but even just answering "yes" to someones question in public can color the perceptions of other players.
It's not even about confirming people as town, which did happen, but more about how, once the game has started, the only thing coloring player perceptions should be automated stuff like flips/results and the players themselves.

*NOT IF SCUM FIGURES OUT WHERE THE ROLES COME FROM FIRST THOUGH. imagine if we had no idea about that and we just claimed some random bs and then psy said "so yeah actually all the roles are from town of salem and you two claimed stuff that's not in that game."

which is another note. If you pull roles/mechanics from town of salem or something, then the players should be told that and it should be an open setup. the reason for this is that I was eventually townread by a bunch of people because of my ability to copy+paste both piano and my role names into a google search engine and figure out where they came from. I was rewarded for something that strictly has nothing to do with the main conceit of mafia.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
additionally i was pretty depressed and apathetic the whole game and jeroen carried us on the last day.

piano I went too far in saying I wouldnt play in another game with you and I apologize. I had a lot of IRL stress that day and being inferred to be an idiot and then just getting stonewalled when I was sincerely asking questions (that i would have asked as either alignment) got to me.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I owe you an apology, too.

No excuses, except Easter is all around a bad time of the year for me.

I was way too snippy for this game and I really am sorry.
I'm so glad this didn't have to turn into a blood feud passed down 5 generation and that is therefore so long that the cause of which is forgotten, lost to time by all your ancestors~<3
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's always evening somewhere.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I'm not sure if people understand how lucky we were in killing the jailer day 1. Lockez could have obliterated the scumteam with that.
You overestimate my power. If I jailed town I lost my power, and if I jailed scum and didn't kill them at the end of the night I died.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
yeah but most of the players in this game were americans.

I think this wasn't really winnable for me because I didn't have pre-knowledge of ToS, and both cave/jeroen were using that knowledge to their advantage. I don't think cave would have guessed veteran role existed otherwise, and you used that one role claim that nobody had any reason to disbelieve.

also ive played like 10 minutes of ToS three years ago. i was just google searching the role names because of piano mentioning a list of roles that he had or something (I don't remember exactly what prompted me to do this.)

author=LockeZ

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I'm not sure if people understand how lucky we were in killing the jailer day 1. Lockez could have obliterated the scumteam with that.
You overestimate my power. If I jailed town I lost my power, and if I jailed scum and didn't kill them at the end of the night I died.

I didn't know you couldn't jail town indefinitely yeah yeah

so basically it's a secondary vig and also weird. swingy as hell but with the potential to reverse the tide of the game, much like the vig this game. having both of you alive would have almost definitely caused us problems.

thats the thing about town of salem. entire games are like 10-15 minutes long so they fully embrace all this chaos but I don't think it translates well to a forum game where phases are multiple days
author=LockeZ

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

If you executed town, you lost your power.
Jeroen_Sol
author=Cap_H
Oh man, Cave was so obvious after my flip. I wondered why was Jero trying to avoid scumreading him. Now, I know.

Actually, my argument was "I think Cave is scummier than Gourd, but with Cap's death Gourd is 100% scum while Cave is like 90%" and was completely logical, assuming I was town. I just wasn't town. It's very easy to use legitimate logic to come to bullshit conclusions if your base assumptions are false.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I think this game gave me a cool idea of how to make an important swingy role, but also have the game not break if that person dies on day one and never gets to use their power. I might run a game in a few weeks with some weird-ass roles.