[MAFIA] PROBLEMS AT THE PRECINCT.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Isrieri
I feel like we're avoiding the topic at hand somewhat, sergeant.

Namely the dead man down in the morgue.

I think isrieri gets at least one goodie point for returning the game to solving.
I think some people are off. Piano posted a lot but he didn't anyone, which could be seen as wolfy if he continues with it.
Psy is playing tricks. I don't trust him and he angleshoots, when susing odd for being a discord user.
Muffle using dice seems like an unnecessary gimmick. I don't like it. But she's little jovial too and that's a good sign imo.
Demon stopped posting after the rest started solving. He's usually solving early on.
My early tip is a pack consisting of psy and demonlord.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
I'm not calling out Odd for being a discord user, it's that he got contacted there and none of us did, despite also being discord users. It's meta but I can't not reason about stuff Odd up and says in topic.
missed some of last page:

@Odd: were you referring to public message in the #mafia channel?

(re: cap having demon as scum: this seems extremely "demon" to make strong claims from no evidence on d1 -- my other scumpick is Muffle)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=demonlord5000
I don't feel good about that method. I feel it leaves us with less information than if we were all forming small opinions based on how everyone is playing. At least this generates discussion though.

On that note, I happened to notice liberty ignored my joke comment from before about using drugs to get richer. Perhaps I was on the right track after all...

#lynch liberty
author=demonlord5000
I have no reason to lynch muffle yet. Her activity is normal, and while I don't agree with her ideas, they are rather normal for her.

I feel even better about this lynch now just because of how defensive you are being over what I intended to be a joke just to generate some more discussion.

Hm, muffle seems good and confident to me. Her playing with odd was quite nice and clever. His reaction was boring.
Odd is a strange one to talk about so far. He posts more than I remember but there is no original ai observation. He doesn't call anyone town or wolf.
Libert is good in my book.
LockeZ haven't posted enough to comment on him.
But Demon's comments are off. In their timing at least. He feels better about lynching liberty just after one comment. That sentence came as fake to me. And his previous reason to vote her couldn't be serious! She reacted to the joke in the right way.

#lynch Demonlord5000
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Muffle feeling the need to point out that the dice thing was a joke bothers me. Like for real this time. That's way over-defensive.

#lynch Muffle
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=psy_wombats
missed some of last page:

@Odd: were you referring to public message in the #mafia channel?

(re: cap having demon as scum: this seems extremely "demon" to make strong claims from no evidence on d1 -- my other scumpick is Muffle)

It's different. He's always coming with weird things and he's the first one to role hunt, but this is him getting offended and then taking it seriously. Also, his interactions in this game aren't the best.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Everyone else's posts just seem like normal posts so far. A bunch of joke votes for no reason.

Except for Cap_H's vote where he acts like Demonlord's joke vote is serious, and is complaining about the timing and reasoning behind it. That's also really obviously scummy. But I can't vote for both him and Muffle, so I'll stick with Muffle for now.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Day 1 ends in:

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Votecount as of April 25th, 7:58 AM CET:

Muffle (1): LockeZ, LockeZ
oddRABBIT (2): psy_wombats, Muffle
Liberty (1): demonlord5000
demonlord5000 (2): Liberty, Cap_H
Cap_H (0): Isrieri

Not voting (3): Isrieri, pianotm, oddRABBIT
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Demon's joke vote isn't a joke vote anymore.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Okay, I'm looking at the exchange between psy and oddRABBIT and I'm not going to lie. Odd's really leaning on the useless comments. Those comments annoy me at the best of times, but it really did look like he was deflecting psy's accusation, even if psy's reasons for voting may have been a serious or not. I feel really uncomfortable about that exchange. This includes if oddRABBIT really did just get the notice from the #mafia thread. The very first thing he did was try to scum-shift on psy_wombats. Then, when he got called out on it, he doubled down on the useless comments. I can change my vote later but I'm feeling pretty strong about odd right now.

#Lynch oddRABBIT
Alright just caught up. It's late so I'm not going to be posting too much tonight, but I won't be as busy tomorrow. There is also still plenty of time in the day phase, and I'm not sure why cap is pointing out that I stopped posting after everyone started solving. I checked the time stamps, and the post after my last was exactly an hour later. I don't understand why he's even using timing as an argument, when that's my thing normally.

So cap, how exactly is my vote on liberty unrealistic? I noticed she ignored my comment which was intended both as a joke and to see how she reacted to it, so I voted for her in order to get a response. It also looked like she was a bit over defensive, but maybe it was just me that took it that way.

I really don't feel good about caps arguments right now.

Other thoughts: I'm unsure about the muffle/odd exchange. Lockez does have a point because she seemed so serious about the dice thing only to suddenly back down and call it a joke. She did that without any pressure on her too so I don't really know how to feel. I think odd trying to get more active is a good thing. I honestly can't remember what scum odd is like because it's been so long either though so perhaps others are seeing something I'm not. As for liberty, I still felt like the post was a bit defensive, but I feel more strongly about cap now than I do liberty.

Piano, lockez, and psy all feel town to me right now, but it's day 1 and not a lot to go on yet.

I may change my mind later but for now...

#cancel
#lynch cap
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
#cancel

a good post
LockeZ
author=demonlord5000
Lockez does have a point because she seemed so serious about the dice thing only to suddenly back down and call it a joke.
WTF? It was the most obvious joke in the world. My complaint was that nobody above the age of six would ever think it was serious, and going out of her way to point out that it was a joke was overly defensive, because everyone already knew it.

Apparently I was wrong, and demonlord is actually a blathering idiot who has no idea what a joke is?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
So,this might reflect badly on me, but...

While I do admit the only two channels on RMN Discord I have unmuted are #general and #mafia, Jeroen made sure to DM me directly that the game was starting in Welp. This confused me, as I first checked #welp, completely forgetting that Welp existed on RMN, since I've recently been very inactive on it. Then, when I went on RMN, that's when I found the game and my role PM. I would screenshot and show everyone that as proof, but I don't know if I'm allowed to.

Jeroen, may I screenshot and show the DM you sent me on Discord to show that it shouldn't be used against me, or would that be against the rules?
#cancel I've probably been annoying enough to Jeroen by pushing you that far about this -- screenshotting communications from mod definitely falls under "role pm shenanigans" so I wouldn't want to see that from you regardless.

Will rethink scum tomorrow, probably still wouldn't mind Muffles dead.
author=demonlord5000
I don't feel good about that method. I feel it leaves us with less information than if we were all forming small opinions based on how everyone is playing. At least this generates discussion though.

author=odd
...No, I'd say that no matter what the dice roll targeted. It's just a bad way of determining who to lynch.

author=piano
Pushing it is not a wise argument.

These three posts made me think people were thinking serious about it, though maybe they were joking back?? Not sure.

Anyways, I've learned not to take almost anything seriously on day one. Demonlord lynching Libby for that one comment was obviously a fake to draw her out a bit more. Sometimes I forget that some people take everything seriously even on day one.

It's a bit weird that Cap seemed to have contradicted himself in these two posts:

author=cap
Muffle using dice seems like an unnecessary gimmick. I don't like it.

author=cap
Her playing with odd was quite nice and clever.

Or did I read this wrong? It seems like he's saying he didn't like my approach and then switched it to saying it was a good approach. Or maybe he thought it over?

Isreiri hasn't said much. He voted for Cap_H with no wording and then cancelled the same way. Not sure if he was trying to surprise Cap and vote him out with no description of why to A. Get Cap to post or B. freak him out but it seems a bit weird to all the other approaches I've ever come across--though this could just be Isreiri because I have never seen him play before.

Piano makes a point about odd being a bit useless... Odd himself even admitted to being bad at this game and always being useless when it comes to finding stuff out. His points are flat though I think this is just how Odd himself types. In a way, I think he's being sincere about the PM being just to alert him - he could have easily said it was the welp channel to cover it up if he wanted too (which is a scummy thing to do), so right now he's alright for me. If I have nobody else to vote for though, voting for a useless player who's town is better than voting for a useful player who's town. Oh by the way #cancel.

psy_wombats seems to be his normal self. Trying to find contradictions and odd things, I find it reasonable to question the odd thing quite a bit. Though not sure why he randomly say he wouldn't mind a Muffle dead. xD

Never played with Liberty and she hasn't posted much yet so I don't have much intake on her, sorry.

LockeZ is his normal self, in LockeZ's view it's understandable why he'd jump at me for backing down when I was joking. Seems like a LockeZ thing to do. Though when it comes to a serious vote (correct me if I'm wrong) he seems to be less willing to just jump on the vote train immediately, if I remembered correctly he'd try and find answers and prod at the person until he was almost sure they were scum. Though maybe my post did come off really strange to him.

Demonlord's being his normal, serious, type longish posts self. Nothing weird there except sometimes it feels like he can't take a joke and ends up lynching someone due to misinteprenting it with it being serious. But that's just him, not seeing anything strange.
I can take a joke, it's just not always easy to tell when someone is joking on the internet. My thing was obviously a joke, I saw most posts early on as a joke, but muffles dice thing just felt genuine to me. It just felt like something she'd do I guess. It'd probably be easier to tell in any other situation than a mafia game too because it's easy to over analyze everyone.

I should have realized it after the odd/muffle banter honestly, but I had a lot going on yesterday.

I got one other thing I need to take care of today, but I'll be in a couple hours to see what I can find.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Muffle, at no point did I say Odd was useless. I was trying to say that I'm sick of him saying he's useless. My point wasn't about the DM, though. My point was about him deflecting onto psy.

#cancel
author=pianotm
Muffle, at no point did I say Odd was useless. I was trying to say that I'm sick of him saying he's useless. My point wasn't about the DM, though. My point was about him deflecting onto psy.

#cancel

I misread that then, sorry T.T