[RM2K3] [RM2K] WINDOW SCREEN TOO SMALL DURING TEST PLAY?

Pages: 1
Hi! Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried looking up things about it but couldn't find much.

I recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 and redownloaded RM2K to work on my game. However, I noticed that the window screen is much smaller than on a Windows 7 during test play mode (around 1/2 the size). The fullscreen mode also becomes extremely blurry and off centered. I'm using the offical Steam release of RPG Maker 2000 Value+.

I've played games made with RM2K on the Windows 10 such as Endroll or Ib, but the window size on these games are fine.

Is there any way to increase the window size of my game? The current size is very small and distracting.
Something like F5 I think doubles the windowed mode. It's either that or your new comp has a pretty high resolution than what you're used to.

Fullscreen being blurry usually has to do with the graphic cards setting (nvidia control panel basically disabling just about anything anti-alias/bilinear related) but it doesn't always work for me. Rpgmaker games run on a very outdated DirectX API so modern OSes are phasing out the "intended look" of a lot of game software.

One work around would be to try out Cherry's fullscreen mode stuff https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/10204/?post=334601#post334601 (not sure if this is the latest one, this is just what my google memory has to offer

Weirdest workaround for me is to actually setup OBS (open broadcast software) to get a windowed capture of the game, then blow it up to fullscreen, preview the stream (not actually recording or stream) and just play in that window remotely. It might still be blurry but if you scale it on an integer based method (multiplying the aspect ratio with a whole number), it usually turns out fine.
author=Darken
Something like F5 I think doubles the windowed mode. It's either that or your new comp has a pretty high resolution than what you're used to.

Fullscreen being blurry usually has to do with the graphic cards setting (nvidia control panel basically disabling just about anything anti-alias/bilinear related) but it doesn't always work for me. Rpgmaker games run on a very outdated DirectX API so modern OSes are phasing out the "intended look" of a lot of game software.

One work around would be to try out Cherry's fullscreen mode stuff https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/10204/?post=334601#post334601 (not sure if this is the latest one, this is just what my google memory has to offer

Weirdest workaround for me is to actually setup OBS (open broadcast software) to get a windowed capture of the game, then blow it up to fullscreen, preview the stream (not actually recording or stream) and just play in that window remotely. It might still be blurry but if you scale it on an integer based method (multiplying the aspect ratio with a whole number), it usually turns out fine.

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, my new computer has a large resolution difference from my old one. F5 doesn't do anything either.

I tried the OBS method and it works, but still a bit blurry (but it works and that's good enough for me.)
What I am still confused about is why my exported game is in a much smaller window than another game (such as Ib and others), even though they are both made in RM2K and are both are played on the same new computer. Do you know how to fix this?
Sorry for all questions!!

Official RM2k is a value version - so this is other compilated a rpg_rt.exe. Maybe cherry or someone from japan programmers make a little change with screen draw and your OS make strange things by this. Ib and other most RM2k games is old version 1.07(?) so this is other compilation of RM2k.

Simple and non blurred solution is in Windows. You can use default magnifier tool and upscale screen in full screen mode - and of course play in window mode with this. I always set black screen for background (for example show black picture in paint), so screen look almost as fullscreen mode.

RM2k3 (official) should be work ok in fullscreen.
author=Dragon_Kamillo
Official RM2k is a value version - so this is other compilated a rpg_rt.exe. Maybe cherry or someone from japan programmers make a little change with screen draw and your OS make strange things by this. Ib and other most RM2k games is old version 1.07(?) so this is other compilation of RM2k.

Simple and non blurred solution is in Windows. You can use default magnifier tool and upscale screen in full screen mode - and of course play in window mode with this. I always set black screen for background (for example show black picture in paint), so screen look almost as fullscreen mode.

RM2k3 (official) should be work ok in fullscreen.

Thank you for the reply! Magnification works fine :). The explanation is very good too. Thank you!
Pages: 1