[MAFIA] SPY VS. MAFIA II DAY 3

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
@Cap quote them then

everyone else, please quote this post and vote on whether or not you would like the rest of this day to proceed in easy mode or hard mode.

I feel like this is a trap.

#lynch Cave_dog_is_back
this was the "massclaim aversion" thing: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24744/?post=889934#post889934

which wouldn't be a waste of time, because we'd have been able to draw conclusions about item origins a lot faster... although AE and LockeZ claimed their stuff regardless.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
it's a glove that piano incorrectly named the stupidity gauntlet instead of the idiocy gauntlet.

Because we are all but soldiers in the great Stupidity War
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
i'm going to assume that's a vote for yes.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well now I want to lynch Cavedog just for claiming to be Thanos
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Now I want to make a mafia game where at one point 50% of all living players just randomly die.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
thanos is a good guy

i was answering a direct question as to whether or not a massclaim would be good or do harm with "it's not going to do anything but waste time" which, was accurate at the time. you can try ascribe a false narrative about trying to stifle discussion here, but the item discussion that's currently taking place wasn't even going on and I had not yet come to the conclusion that there seemed to be some kind of deliberate placement of the items. cave not knowing the setup is not a point against me, i'm afraid.

#thanos snap/gauntlet psy
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
if you all want to setupspec yourselves to an early grave, as i knew you one day were going to, then i must now present my exculpatory evidence. the item i've just used is essentially just a weaker version of demonlord's doublevote plant. Giving one member of the scumteam a doublevote and another a vote-erasing item that backfires and gets passed around (strictly worse) would be both A. stupidly redundant and B. do nothing to counter the agent toolset.

now line up and proclaim me innocent. (incidentally, this is not a meta i have. I've literally never done this in a game before iirc.)
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Cave is being Cave.

I'm going to trust my townlean of him even though I have no reason to, since I've never scumread him in my life, not even in the game where I was a cult leader, tried to turn him, died because scum was immune to turning, and then got brought back to life.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

The Stupidity Gauntlet has been used.

Psy_wombats can not cast lynch votes for the remainder of the day phase. His vote is canceled.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
we'll go through the apologies in alphabetical order
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
psy, if I got grifted by cap, I'm sorry. I don't think that happened since I'm never wrong at all and also you have been all up in my grill with a false narrative today. If we fell victim toe a 10% tuba chance failure, piano will be devoured by wolves when the game is over.

#lynch psy
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Why would the Stupidity Gauntlet, destined to make the game perfectly balanced, as all things should be, not be given to the gray spy?

More seriously, the argument that scum probably wouldn't have both items makes sense to me. They really are redundant. I didn't think Cavedog was scum in this game to begin with though.
LockeZ
Pianotm: Does the use of the Stupidity Gauntlet mean that hammer only requires four votes now? Four votes is now a majority of possible votes, instead of a tie.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yes. With 7 votes possible, it takes 4 to hammer.
LockeZ
By the way, at the beginning of the game I said I had a reason for leaning town on Cavedog that I didn't want to share. I might as well share it now, even though it became irrelevant at some point later when I realized Cavedog didn't know the details of the setup yet and hadn't seen the previous Spy vs. Mafia game.

Right at the very beginning of the game, he fakeclaimed as the "mauve agent."

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I'm going to fakeclaim. I'm the mauve agent. I win when any other faction wins. To this end, I can give out several items each night that will work on everyone except me. I have no way to protect myself though and am not a threat to anyone on my own, so please do not target me with your murder actions.

Cavedog does stuff like that all the time, and sometimes I feel like it's purely random, but in this case I thought it might not be. In the previous Spy vs. Mafia game, the scum actually did have colors for code names. If the same thing were true again, then even if that weren't one of the colors, it might get them all to talk about it in their private chat and make sure that none of them were the ones who said it. The double agent could then use that discussion to try to narrow down the identities of scum.

The same thing could of course have happened in the agent chat, but the agents have far less reason to care about each other's identities. I mean, each-other's. So it probably wouldn't. And last game it was scum, not agents, that were color-coded. The people in the agent chat last game were named Tom, Dick and Harry.

Now, as I said, this is all irrelevant now. I'm just sharing it so that people don't think I'm still holding onto a secret reason for thinking he's town, like an item or something. I don't have any special insights I haven't shared. So make your own conclusions and vote based on your own feelings.

I do still think Cavedog is town just because he's been acting like town, and because everything he's said in this game has made sense to me, and because his item is redundant with Demonlord's, and because he seemed genuinely surprised and frustrated when he learned parts of the setup that agents and scum would have known immediately, and because I think Psy is scum. Just not because of the stuff at the beginning of day one any more.
LockeZ
Also, I didn't share it with the class because if that really was what he was doing, I wanted it to work.

author=LockeZ
Second, for the time being, I kinda think Cavedog is probably town for complicated reasons related to my serious over-analysis of the wording of his fake claim. This analysis is probably wrong because it relies on anything he does on day one having any meaning or logic behind it whatsoever.

I did warn you.
On your head be it Lockez, if Cave is scum I'll hold you responsible (for probably a day). I agree though the combination of items seems unlikely for a team. Also the tuba is definitely an item that could benefit both sides.

I still don't feel great about Cap_H, most towns would have allowed themselves to be mis-lynched to narrow the scum down. Had he have flipped town we might have found something useful. I'll throw my vote behing Psy in the morning if nothing has changed but putting us one vote from hammer when there is a chance of tuba and still a while left leaves me uneasy.
If you still think I'm scum, go up back to that list and tell me how "got dropped a cop trumpet on D1, used it" stacks up to the item patterns for the four known nonvanillas.

Caves item isn't what I thought it would be but it's syngeristic with demon's, not redundant.

Also @fomar the tuba already fired and cleared LockeZ (by cap)