[MAFIA] SPY VS. MAFIA II DAY 3

If you think cop trumpet benefited both sides equally, consider at the point it was used , Ozzy was exposed in public, and Odd was exposed in scumchat.

And now that we're at the wire, it's cleared AE, Fomar, LockeZ, who would all otherwise be useable as patsies for scum.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I doubt cap had a choice in whether or not the cake worked. like I said before, it makes no sense for him to draw attention to it as scum.

also while that is a very powerful item, it does not really makes sense as a counter to what the agents had.
The relevant part is whether he held it from the beginning of the game.
Are you implying that coptrumpet /is/ supposed to be a counter to the agent toolkit of doc+rolecop?

If anything scum holding vote manipulation items makes all the vote-scrambling items less blatantly antitown
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I'm assuming there's an item we haven't seen, because so far I've seen nothing to justify odd's x-ray glasses, and nothing that could deal with the paper bag.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Also I don't see how when cap brought attention to his cake isn't relevant. If he was scum he could have just held onto it. that would be a pretty huge misplay to bring it out into the open.

And yeah, my item would be redundant on the scumteam. It would be synergistic in the sense that, in plurality, being able to adjust votes incrementally is more powerful, but it's strictly a functionally a worse 1-shot version of the doublevote with a chance to backfire. it would be like having a godfather and a person who is, uh, 1/4 a godfather, on the same team.
X-ray is basically rolecop, that needs no justification. I assume there were shenanigans from agentteam caused last night to happen vs a superdoc or whatever.

One thing x-ray could've done is verify whether the gauntlet actually has the downsides you describe as that's now unproveable.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=psy_wombats
If you think cop trumpet benefited both sides equally, consider at the point it was used , Ozzy was exposed in public, and Odd was exposed in scumchat.

Jeroen, is this true, and have you said this before, because I don't remember this about Odd coming out.

i do remember him saying that demonlord claimed in scumchat at some point, so it would be weird if scum!cave and demonlord, having almost the same item, couldn't get someone else killed with two extra votes.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
the x-ray does need a justification if we're proceeding with the idea (that you have aligned with) that there was deliberate intention as to where items were placed. what is the point of a town rolecop if it can't detect something that is inherently scummy or not?

nothing i can really do about odd looking at the shoes. the gauntlet needed to be kept a secret so that i could one day use it to destroy evil in a dramatic fashion. also because I was trying to fakeclaim a tracker result on milk but they just died instead.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
if cap called attention to his own invincibility item just to manipulate people and gloat later i won't even be mad
Yeah Jeroen keeps saying how he pointed out Odd's slip D1 in scumchat and wondering if that's how I picked up on it in D2. He's done this like three times, plus giving the timeline in the first place plus the responses to my questions about how Maxwell+demon responded. You really had time to review two other games of mafia and missed that in this one?

and your town read of cap still looks baseless to me - he's either paying little attention or pretending to pay little attention for the whole game, whichever. Claiming lynchproof as scum seems like a good play to me anyway, scum should never have that ability without like a swarm of vigilantes

@jero if you have reason to believe that last scum would still be in the dark about agent IDs, keep in mind cap voted to kill you. I doubt it's relevant but still
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
what is the point of a town rolecop if it can't detect something that is inherently scummy or not?
Well, so far, it explained why PlatinumAshes died so we didn't go on a wild goose chase about that. And it proved that when I said Cap_H's item was just a purely better version of mine, I wasn't just making stuff up to make him look bad. I think both of those were valuable uses. And I think even if PlatinumAshes's hot potato bomb were the only other power item in the game, it would've been justified just to prove the existence of that.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Cap blowing the horn today, after the agent and double agent were both already outed, is enough for me to consider him town. It's not absolutely confirmed, but it's good enough.

I guess it could have been a calculated risk since he only had a 1/8 chance of tooting his own horn, and it would hit someone else and make him look good the other 7/8 of the time. But I mean, if his goal was to look good then it worked on me because he looks good to me. You can't assume EVERY action that looks towny is actually scum throwing themselves under the bus to look towny.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
uh, yes, i did, because at the time i wasn't HIGH. ON DRUGS, and the medical condition I have known as JAS doesn't affect my viewing of past games. plus ozzy and odd have the same name. all the same letters. its impossible to tell what he's talking about.

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/7t5d7062544c8a4

can you elaborate for the class on how townreading him because of the way he drew attention to his lynchproof, coupled with the fact that he seemed to be genuinely looking for scum after odd revealed, is baseless. paying little attention to whatever is going on in this setup doesn't mean much to me.

like the only reason i could seem him drawing attention to it as scum would be if he thought he was in an autowin scenario.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=LockeZ
Cavedog does stuff like that all the time, and sometimes I feel like it's purely random, but in this case I thought it might not be.

as cool as that plan would be it was actually just nonsense
Caps conjectures and scumhunting were all predicated on wolves reading each other, none of which happened this game, as has been clear for a while. Scum-cap is very capable of going on about nothing. Re:cake He announced his cake after there were already one or two votes on him, it wasn't out of the blue. (The horn almost clears him regardless though -- @lockez it's more than 1/8 chance, if scum-cap clears me or town-cavedog, he ends up a prime suspect.)
OK I'm back. And I guess now I need to find out where we learned that Demon had an item...
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
there was one vote on him, and two votes on you. not a lot of pressure. even if there was, i still don't get the scum motivation to claim it.

his use of the horn doesn't mean much to me even now (see: me dueling piano)

its exhausting and i wish someone else would do it but i guess i will go through his posts again.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
08/28/2019 12:16 AM
Hello, my fellow scum hunters. What a beautiful morning to start with mafia!
It tells us there are three wolves and three agents methinks. But I appreciate the overpost, my friend.

immediately what you would assess upon looking at the scumchat. i actually count this as a point in his favor because saying this if you were scum could be incredibly brazen.
08/28/2019 01:29 AM
I have a reason to believe Cave's town. See his sign up post.

this is true. i am confirmed town.
08/28/2019 05:45 AM
I'm the white mage and basically a claim vig.

joke, but, seems to indicate he thinks there are roles and not items.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oddrabbit seriously analyzing nonsense is a towntell. his scum profile is lurking and saying "i don't know" over and over.

Another Doggy Dogg post I can agree with.

this is weird because he wasn't in the last game

the posts after this and before the next one, i just, can't parse. can't do it.
Ok, I read Ozzy's posts and they stink. He's deflective, defensive and trying to keep Odd on the table without commiting himself to a single read.
Consider my vote to be on him.

cogent read I agreed with at the time. agent hunting and scumhunting are going to look very similar but w/e. I believed it too.

So, if Ozzy's true and agent, there are two conclusion to draw from it.
Bodyguard is a suicidal role. It balances numbers quite well and 3/3 teams would make sense with such a role included. In that case there shouldn't be a traitor.

don't actually understand what he's saying here but it seems to be actual exploration into a setup that does not exist

That leaves me with Odd and Milk. They were both pretty inactive and if town gets the trombone, it should be used on one of them.

no idea when in the odd being revealed in scumchat timeline this occurred
Cave I don't think Jero would bus in this fashion. I think that sticking with that lead makes him town. I know he has a history of busing, but if there's a busing scum, I would guess either you or Emily. I know you're capable of such a crazy play and Emily voted Demon only after him becoming an only possible lynch. I had a good feeling about you yesterday and the vote was good, so you should be still town.

not understanding game
PSY pointing it out as too much of a leap is also worth mention, because it isn't that illogical for spies to have spy names.

understanding game?
Also, if one of the remaining two agents is a turncoat, it should be also the last wolf. The game would be poorly balanced with wolves having an access to masons chat and an extra player.

doesn't know what the double agent is

I'm still processing it. On Demon's side it looks like a w/w interaction, but Emily responded in a very natural way. Still, here interactions with Demon are the most w/w interactions Demon had. But...
He lacked interactions with Cave, he avoided defending against Jero's push and Milk doesn't have a limit as I managed to find out in pre-game.

not understanding game

One thing I was thinking about is that we can't 100%% trust Jero's claim. There might be another part to it, which he hasn't revealed to us. For example, what if he's the last wolf and a double agent? In that case he's only trying to mislead us. We can lynch anyone and he would win by killing odd at night.

wrong, also consistent with what he said in an earlier post.
This is a good point. He was far from pressure to fake claim. I can only imagine him making the claim to make the game more fun for him or to have a more elaborate reason. I don't know, him conceding after figuring out all other agents doesn't sound all that reliable. So, there's probably one thing he's hiding from us. The last scum's speech patterns might be an elaborate lie.

pretty sure that jeroen didn't think cap was scum based on speech patterns at this point so I don't know why he would point it out as a potential lie if cap was the last scum
Let me tell you something. There are weak men and strong men in this world. The strong men take everything and the weak men die. That's how the world was designed. Now I will show you how it works, weaklings!!! Look at me!! It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!

very normal

Ok, then you're either an infiltrator and the last wolf or something like true survivor, but I feel like your role's breaking the game if your claim's 100% true, then.
I'm not entirely sure I trust your motivation, also.

consistent misunderstanding of the game.

Ok, I put some effort in reading the previous game and now I see that Tangled Lion was an unaligned character as you describe.
Ofc there's a possibility of adjustments in setup, but your claim makes sense now. I don't get your victory condition, but that doesn't matter.

reads last game, understands this one.

09/02/2019 03:58 PM
Jero, how much was your scum partner aware of you being a traitor before the claim? I think that might help us a lot here.

logical question based upon understanding of the game

his posts continue on in this matter afterwards. cap not knowing what was happening in the game for that long is kind of lol, but also not damning. what I was looking for was some slip where he actually displays an understanding of whats going on and then walks it back, but there is none. and his posting seems consistent after looking at the old game. this is all more or less how i already felt about this but i forgot about 50% of what happened in this game sometime around 7 today so.

so, doesn't appear to be a smoking gun. admittingly i don't know what cap is saying half the time. but from this + the lynchproof + jeroen saying it doesn't sound like him in the scumchat+ him looking at who the last scum might be pretty hard after odd's reveal imo, i'm comfortable with my vote staying where it is.

it kind of reads to me like you (psy) are flailing at your last option since "cave is holding a damning scum item" has fallen through.

he's either paying little attention or pretending to pay little attention for the whole game, whichever. Claiming lynchproof as scum seems like a good play to me anyway, scum should never have that ability without like a swarm of vigilantes

there's a big difference between paying little attention and pretending to pay attention, and it's disingenuous to paint them in the same light. the latter half of this post also doesn't make sense to me because, where are the swarms of vigilantes.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=AlaskanEmily
OK I'm back. And I guess now I need to find out where we learned that Demon had an item...

jeroen said it at some point. search through his posts and ctrl+f plant or ficus or whatever it was. then tell him he's not valid for leeching off towns' efforts when you're done