[RM2K3] IS THERE A PATCH OR PLUGIN THAT ALLOWS ONE TO REDEFINE THE EXPECTED PIXEL WIDTH OF FONT CHARACTERS?

Pages: 1
As many of you probably know, there exist several different mods/patches/whatevers that will allow the user to, through various means, change the message font in RPG Tsukuru 2003. However, all of the means to do this of which I'm aware are not able to recognize when the font being used has different pixel width on any given character as compared to the original, pack-in fonts. Unfortunately, this results in characters overlapping each other if their width is greater than that of the original fonts.

So, for example, if the original font expects a certain character to be three pixels wide, but your font has that character as five pixels wide, then the last two columns of pixels that compose that character will be overlapped with the first two columns of pixels that compose the next character.

Is there any way to fix this? Is there a patch, or a plugin, or something of that sort that will allow you to specifically define the expected width of each individual character used by your font? It's still better than having no custom fonts at all, of course, but having to smush my font so that it will fit is certainly less than choice. If no such plugin or patch exists, would I possibly be able to trouble someone to make one? I don't care if it could potentially result in text that surpasses what would otherwise be the boundary of its printing space (like printing off the edge of the screen, or overlapping from one text window area to another). I can assume responsibility for manually ensuring that everything is tidy myself.

Edit, September 12, 2019: Cherry helped me out and created the plugin for me that I needed. So consider this matter solved. The plugin should be pending approval on the utilities section on this site as of the time of this writing. It's called VarTextWidthPatch, and it works beautifully. That man is truly an epic hero.
Pages: 1