2020 GAMING DIARY

Pages: first 12345 next last
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Keeping track of gaming has proven to be a positive activity. I could use it make a better end of the year list and to reflect on my choices and also to share little opinions with others. I tried to engage others and I hope that they took something from it as well. Here are the previous threads:

2018 gaming diary
2019 gaming diary

This year, this part of the thread will be for you as well. I'll keep track of all mentioned games and bucket list. Let's start with me as a template.

Cap_H::..

Bucket list:
Android games:
Ys Chronicles I+II
Heroes of Steel
Out There Chronicles
QuestLord
The Quest
Warhammer Quest 2 (the first one was fun)
Gorogoa
Battlevoid: Harbringer
Mini Metro
Brave John

GBA games:
Advance Wars 2
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Metroid: Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission
Lunar Legend

Completed:

1. Endless Scroll
2. Wide Ocean Big Jacket
3. Kentucky Route Zero
4. An Afternoon Rippling
5. Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
6. Forward
7. The Snake Mother
8. Patient Rogue
9. Heartscape
10. Tiny Islands
11. Dragoon Drop
12. Card City Nights
13. Chroma Squad
14. Devil Express
15. The Bookshelf Limbo
16. Snapdragon
17. The Gift
18. Soultower

In Progress:
1. Gothic
2. Star Realms
3. Crusader Kings 2 (put about 100 hours in it in may)
4. Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening

Abandoned:
1. Hoplite
2. UnCiv
3. Porklite
4. Mondar's Dungeon
5. Walking Simulator a Month Club
6. Next Jump
7. Downwell
8. Noodles

AtiyaTheSeeker::..
Bucket List:

Nintendo 64 games:
Paper Mario

Playstation games:
Digimon World 3
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy Tactics

Super Nintendo games:
Dragon Quest 3

Steam games:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Disgaea 2 PC
Earthlock
Fallout 4
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Soulcalibur 6
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

Completed:
1. 1 game a day/ 1 month
2. Pilgrim's Road
3. Chasm
4.Game Dev Tycoon

In Progress:
1. Final Fantasy Tactics
2. Digimon World 3
3. Final Fantasy 7
4. Dragon Quest 3
5. Metroid: Mission Zero
6. Pokemon Leaf Green

Abandoned:
1. Bloodstained
2. Earthlock
3. Fallout 4
4. Soul Caliber 6

Marrend::..
Bucket List:

PS4

Devil May Cry 5

PS1/ePSXe
Castlevanina - Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy 9
Front Mission 3

PS2/PCX2
Dynasty Warriors 4
Wild Arms 3

Completed:
1. Threads of Fire
2. Suikoden V
3. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
4. Castlevania: Dracula's Dance
5. God of War
6. Resident Evil 2
7. Final Fantasy IX
8. Wild Arms 3
9. Front Mission 3
10. Onimusha: Down of Dreams
11. Tabletop Simulator (???)

In Progress:

1. Valkyria Chronicles 4
2. Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night
3. Dynasty Warriors 4
4. Wild Arms 4
5. Final Fantasy Tactics

Abandoned:

Fomar::..
Bucket List:

Digimon World 2003 (3 in the US) (replay)
Digimon Story Cybersleuth
Billy Hatcher (replay)
Summoner 2 (not entirely a replay, I never finished it)

Completed:
1. Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & II
2. Timesplitters 2
3. World of Warcraft
4. Guild Wars 2
5. Risk of Rain 2
6. Guild Wars

In Progress:

1. Phantasy Star Online Episode 3
2. Breath of Fire 2
3. Borderlands 3
4. Digimon Cyber Sleuth
5. Animal Crossing
6. Xenoblade Chronicles

Abandoned:
Super Mario Maker 2
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Hey hey, count me in. Here's what's I'm hoping to play this coming year.

AtiyaTheSeeker
Bucket List:

Playstation games:
Digimon World 3
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy Tactics

Super Nintendo games:
Dragon Quest 3

Completed:

Played:

Finished:
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm including games that I started last year on this list. Mostly because I see no reason why not and to have a game already in my "completed" list.

Marrend
Completed:

January
Threads of Fate
Suikoden 5
Castlevanina - Symphony of the Night
Castlevanina - Dracula's Dance
God of War (2018)

February
Resident Evil 2
Final Fantasy 9
Wild Arms 3

March
Front Mission 3
Onimusha - Dawn of Dreams

May
Wild Arms 4

June
Final Fantasy Tactics
Devil May Cry 5

July
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Final Fantasy 7
World of Xeen

August
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4

September
Vagrant Story
Weird and Unfortunate Things Are Happening
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
Trials of RPG Maker MZ games

October
Suikoden
Xenosaga Episode 1 - Der Wille zur Macht
Devil May Cry
Legend of Legaia

November
Heroes of Might and Magic 2
Parasite Eve

December
Castlevanina - Curse of Darkness
Final Fantasy 10

In Progress:

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
The Outer Worlds
Xenogears

Cancelled:

Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night
Darksiders 2
Count me in as well:

Fomar0153
Bucket List:
Digimon World 2003 (3 in the US) (replay)
Digimon Story Cybersleuth
Billy Hatcher (replay)
Summoner 2 (not entirely a replay, I never finished it)

Completed:
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & II (replay)

In Progress:

Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 (replay)

Continued from last year:
Breath of Fire 2
Borderlands 3
AtiyaTheSeeker
Final Fantasy Tactics
Made a lot of progress since the entry in the 2019 gaming diary. I've got all my characters assigned to their preferred jobs. Of note, I was able to unlock Dancer for Nazreen, and have been dissuaded from having her be a Geomancer. I'm also very tempted to have Maia be an Archer as I'd grown fond of the job, and will likely have that as her main job with Yin Yang Magic as her other command slot.

I picked a bad place to end the last session: the third Orbonne Monastery fight in Chapter 3, where you have to wail on Weigraf before he annihilates your team. I haven't touched it for a week since then, but I intend to play more soon. Firing up my save, my party looks like they do below, under the spoiler. My highest-level party member is Ramza at Lv 18, with most being 17 and my lowest being, as usual, Lovella at 12.

* Ramza, Squire -- Item, Weapon Guard, Magic Defend Up, Move +1. Often winds up as support between fighting in heavy armor. Was very useful to boost Jengo and Raziya's Brave scores using his Cheer Up skill; I've had whole random encounters where I had him kiss their asses to improve their punch and katana damage, respectively.

* Jengo, Samurai -- Item, Dragon Spirit, Magic Attack Up, Move +1. Despite having the worst HP of my heavy armor characters, he has the best PA and his Brave of 76 is helpful for his attacks. Mostly accentuating his Draw Out abilities for items though to make them more useful, so he's had a Diamond Bracelet as soon as I could buy one. No idea what other command to give him other than Item right now.

* Maia, Oracle -- Item, Abandon, Gained JP Up, Move +2. Archers seem a ton of fun, so I'll turn her into one eventually. Unfortunately poles are also lovely weapons, so I'm on the fence. Charge +5 for the Archer seems to be a good balance of CT and damage. Considered giving her White Magic. Gave her a Wizard Mantle to amp that Abandon dodge rate as well as her MA, to make poles hit even harder. Has the lowest Brave of my squad (58), so she might have to use Move-Find Item if I tackle the Deep Dungeon.

* Raziya, Monk -- Item, Counter, Attack Up, Move +1. She's got most of the items available to her that seem relevant, so purely making her a Monk here on out. Don't know if I wanna grab Earth Slash, or wait it out for Hamedo; she's at 386 JP right now, so it'll take a while if I keep using Attack Up instead of Gained JP Up. She's been using a Power Wrist since I could get her one, will upgrade to a Gauntlet, and has the best Brave (81, which is higher than even Ramza or Jengo's).

* Nazreen, Dragoon -- Dance, Weapon Guard, Gained JP Up, Move +1. Bought her Equip Spear so she can use them when she's a Geomancer or Dancer. Am tempted to pump her Thief JP to give her Steal Weapon, so I can nab late-game weapons. Am fine with her being a Dragoon for now though.

* Lovella, Black Mage -- Time Magic, Caution, Gained JP Up, Move +1. Been pumping her Black Mage JP to try and grab her Flare; am at 834, so very soon! Don't know if I should grind to get her a better Reaction, as Caution seems to suck from all my playthroughs. No idea what job to make her after she gets Flare, but maybe BM still to get Thundaga. She absolutely erases foes much of the time with her ludicrous MA of 13, paired with a Thunder Rod to amp her Thunder spells. Am tempted to have Raziya and Mustadio learn to administer Hi-Ethers, if only to cheese big-time baddies with Lovella when I need to.

* Mustadio, Engineer -- Item, (no Reaction), Throw Item, Move +1. Tempted to have him be a Knight, as I'm told it's a good moveset for him. Also fits because his basic Aim abilities are similar to a Knight's break abilities. Unfortunately I may need to have him be a Mediator to get Equip Gun if I wanna go that route. Has the highest Speed due to his Green Beret, which is always a hat I love to have him wear.

* Agrias, Holy Knight -- Battle Skill, Weapon Guard, Gained JP Up, Move +1. Considering making her be a White Mage, and might be a better candidate than Maia. Skipped Crush Punch to go for Lightning Stab, and at 415 JP I'll soon snatch C-Punch. Has the highest HP out of my troops.

Lastly, had two skin-of-my-teeth battles where one failed action would've screwed me. The first was the Chapter 1 finale, where Delita defeated his enemy; my whole team was KO'd aside from him and Ramza likely would've bled out if Delita missed after that turn. The second was fighting Cuchulainn (c'mon, I don't think the Gaelic demigod's warp form was THAT ugly), where either Agrias finished him off with my team defeated, or Lovella did. Note to self: trying to cheese that fight with Defense Rings was a baaaaaad idea. :x

Digimon World 3
Only played this a smidge to get past the opening garbage, and the game pacing feels really drawn out from when I last remembered it (during my late teens). Picked the Balanced Pack of Mons, getting Kotemon, Renamon and Patamon. I intend to swap Pata out with a Kumamon to form by fantasy squad from them -- Jengo as a Kotemon, Maia as a Renamon, and Raziya as that new Kumamon. Most of the time the game doesn't load areas properly and locks up, from all the ISOs I used prior; am hoping the ROM I found will work. Worst case scenario I could try to buy the disc off Amazon and run it using ePSXe that way?

Final Fantasy 7
This is the most recent game I've touched, playing this for an hour or so to make myself have fun. Had a couple days lost to depression and oversleeping, and I don't intend to have that bog me down further. I grabbed an ISO of Disc 1, patched with a re-translation that is also available for the PC port. Bits of dialogue are fun and I like the modern FF spell names, but I miss some of what I remember from the PSX version (Marlene is now "Marin", and I miss Cloud exclaiming "Finger? What the hell?!" from a tutorial).

I'd just gotten to the space beneath the Sector 5 reactor, and am looking forward to the rest of this game. The farthest I'd ever gotten in 7 was to the first form of Sephiroth, but couldn't get back there again. This was last played in my late teens, but I'm older and wiser. And have access to walkthroughs, allowing me to develop a vague plan of attack for who gets what Materia.
Marrend
Suikoden 5 - COMPLETED!

Darigaaz, it feels like I've been chipping away at this since forever. I think my play-time this go-around was 45-ish hours (which is still less than it was during my LP of it), but it certainly felt like a 50+ hour game at times!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I started this year with UnCiv,a freeware clone of Civ V for phones. I got to say that it's quite enjoyable and replicates the original well with it's Spartan graphics, but there's also something off about the pace. Everything takes time even in a fast game and It doesn't quite fit the screen.
Marrend
I find myself in a position to start something new. It has occurred to me that this presents it's own opportunity to either stream my play, or start a YouTube channel that LPs games, or what-have-you. Not that I have the slightest clue how streaming works, or have any real experience recording/editing video. Plus, my propensity to become flustered when the time comes to press the "record" button in making LPs, and in pressing "play" when watching LPs.

For what little it's worth, I downloaded Open Broadcasting Studio early December as "preparation" for this opportunity, but, of course, I've not done a damn thing with it! I'm not sure if knowing if there was any interest in me doing this kind of thing would push me in one direction, or another, to be perfectly honest.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Marrend, I wish you the best of luck with streaming stuff. Even if not done with seriousness or a consistent schedule, just doing a Twitch stream for RMN pals or something could be fun. Heck, even I've dabbled. OBS seems a good program to use, too.

No real progress in playing the games on my list for now. Only RM games and a solitaire tabletop RPG session. For the former, played some of EliTheJew's minigames in his 1 Game a Day / 1 Month project today, alongside the awesome Pilgrim's Road.

Of note, I will bring this up. Having started Final Fantasy 7, I finally caved and watched the FF7 Abridged series that TeamFourStar does on YouTube. Watched up to the point I got in my own save and holy cow... all the wasted years of not seeing this! Especially at the first episode aired on my birthday back in 2015! ;-;
Marrend
Dynasty Warriors 4 - started!

Intending to play through Musou mode as Xiahou Dun. I usually do two runs of Yellow Turbans as preparations, and I've done one such run so far.

What will probably happen is I will finish this Musou mode, put this away for a while, and pick it back up again sometime later. Like, I feel this game caters to that kind of play style, and I feel no shame in admitting that I'm doing this for this game.

In other news, I've played around with OBS, just seeing what I could do with it. I think I managed to record something, even if it was barely a minute long. I didn't bother re-watching what I did make, of course, but, I think I have a pretty good idea how this is going to work, as far as recording goes. Not 100% sure about editing for length in case I go on a tangent, but, you know, small steps.

*Edit: I've also taken the liberty of slapping a sticky on this thread. Unless otherwise specified (or somebody else does it), I'll probably unsticky the 2019 thread in maybe mid-March?
Marrend
Did a few more tests with Castlevania - Symphony of the Night. I muted the microphone for the sake of these tests, and have figured out how to reduce OBS's canvas size down to size with ePSXe's window. Kinda wish there was a hotkey for that, but, I'll roll with it for now.

The file-size is somewhat concerning. I made an FLV that lasts maybe four minutes, and is ~44MB in size. Remixing it to MKV saves a few KB, which isn't all that much, considering. I suppose what I need to do is record a half-hour, maybe an hour, see how big that file is, and make a determination from there. Then again, I've uploaded games on this site that are probably above the 200MB mark, so, that's certainly a perspective to consider.

*Edit: So, another test. Comparison of size, length, and file-size as follows...

Castlevania first test
4 minutes, 12 seconds

FLV = 44,806 KB (~44 MB)
MKV = 44,605 KB (~44 MB)

Castlevania, second test
37 minutes, 47 seconds

FLV = 311,116 KB (~311 MB)
MKV = 309,300 KB (~309 MB)

...for those that are interested.

I'll count this as starting Castlevania - Symphony of the Night for the purposes of this thread, and will be continuing to use this play as a testbed for OBS.
Marrend
Castlevaina - Symphony of the Night - Completed!

For a game that's 23 years old, this holds up amazingly well. I dropped my video testing with OBS after two or three recordings, with the last one including a voice-over that was a little too hard to make out. I haven't necessarily given up on the idea, but, it's on hiatus for now. The idea was that I would do a video LP of FF9 when I was ready, but, given what I'm looking to play this year, and what I've played so far, that might not happen.
Marrend
Played Castlevanina - Dracula's Dance. I want this "on record" (as it were) for both the purposes of this year's Misaos, and that I will probably forget by March. My thoughts (so far?) on this game have been posted here, for reference purposes.

Also, started Final Fantasy 9 because I'm a chump.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Dang Marrend, you're on fire. And seemingly have caught the Castlevania bug. Welcome to the clan, vampire killer. My gaming endeavors haven't been many since my last entry, but here goes?

Final Fantasy Tactics
It really feels like Chapter 3 is the shortest one in the game. This is weird as I have a feeling the fourth and final is the longest, with the Deep Dungeon notwithstanding. The finale battles for Chapter 3 will have another of instance of immediate kill-or-be-killed featuring Weigraf, and again immediately after against another bad guy. Joy. At least I've already got the pieces needed to potentially cheese the Weigraf fight. And yay save states for the fight after. I've defined my team s'more, so looking at my save again...

Ramza, Squire: Item, Weapon Guard, Magic Defend Up, Move +1. Second verse, same as the first.

Jengo, Samurai: Item, Dragon Spirit, Magic Attack Up, Move +1. Was going to give him Black Magic as his second command, but even Fira was terrible as a Samurai with this setup. His Faith of 55, the lowest of my team, might have something to do with that. I doubt even a Magic Gauntlet would save it for him. Currently he's got a Kiyomori katana, and am looking forward to him using Muramasa as he has it learned already.

Maia, Ninja: Item, Abandon, Defense Up, Move +2. Really disappointed that Yin-Yang Magic was really underwhelming as of late. Not even the serious hurt that poles can dish out sufficed, so trying out Ninja as her main job. That said she did well as an Archer for her main job, and might just have her get more throwing weapons for an endgame build.

Raziya, Monk: Item, Counter, Throw Item, Move +1. Totally going for Hamedo as her big-time ability, and am at 716 JP. I'm nervous that her damage output might be hindered by not giving her Attack Up. Her intended Gauntlet to replace her Power Wrist is obscenely expensive at the moment.

Nazreen, Dragoon: Dance, Weapon Guard, Gained JP Up, Move +1. The damage that Mincing Minuet (or Wiznaibus in the original PSX translation) deals is... not great. Thankfully she has other dances but still, I'm sure it's intended for grinding and grinding alone. I'm still unsure of what her secondary command should be, but Elemental seems even more underwhelming at this stage than Yin-Yang Magic so uh

Lovella, Black Mage: Time Magic, Weapon Guard, Gained JP Up, Move +1. Flare is expensive to cast, but Flare is disgustingly powerful. Almost an insured one-hit-KO when she casts it. Last fight (Yardow Fort City) I used it liberally, with Raziya and Mustadio both having High Ether for that purpose.

Mustadio, Engineer: Item, Counter, Throw Item, Move +1. Not sure if one can Counter at point blank with a gun...? Mustadio is basically complete at this point.

Agrias, White Mage: Holy Sword, Weapon Guard, Equip Sword, Move +1. She still has a long way to go for learning White Magic, before I can turn her back into a Holy Knight. At 578 JP for Holy Knight, I'm saving up for Holy Explosion before Crush Punch. Also, why is this job not called Paladin, even in the remake?

Rafa did a cool thing in her opening fight, where she used Asura to heal Ramza with his Flame Shield equipped. I'm almost tempted to keep her and Malak around for the ride? We'll see. Also did a bunch of propositions to grind, even doing random encounters for the teammates still in the party while doing so. Fun times.

Final Fantasy 7
I stopped playing for the moment after a weird glitch happened with the retranslation ISO I'm using. Fighting a Hammer Blaster (now called a Warp Hammer), I got the "data error" bug that can normally be invoked with Adamantoises in the vanilla game. Basically you can't insert commands, there's an error message that continually plays instead of the opponent's actions, and you're given a combination button press to abort the battle. As there's supposed to be a scripted fight against Warp Hammers later in Shinra HQ, I'm hoping I won't wig the game out when I run into this same glitch.

...but I completed the first season of FF7 Machinabridged today.

Game List Adjustments
Unfortunately, I found out my computer is a pile of budget junk. I can't get upgrades I need to play current games with high system requirements, due to the motherboard and integrated graphics chip. As such I have to remove some of the Steam games I wanted to play. However, I'm also interested in playing other Steam games my computer can handle, alongside some Nintendo DS ones. But for now, looking at my current roster, I don't wanna add anything new till I beat at least FF Tactics and FF7.

Thus, my games to abandon are Bloodstained, Earthlock, and Fallout 4. :x
Marrend
It probably helps that Castlevanina games tend to be on the short side. Like, if you look at the posts, Symphony of the Night took me literally a week. If I was happy with just defeating Richter, it probably would have been shorter, but, no, it was a 199% run, pretty much all the way through to the end of the inverted firkin castle.

*Edit: I kinda want to re-play Dracula's Dance at some point, though. The download has been updated with a fix, so it might be more playable.
Marrend
Officially putting Dynasty Warriors 4 aside. Meaning that it's off my play-list, but, it's not a "completed" game. I found playing through two characters through Misao mode was a little too much. I was probably better off with clearing one character at a time, like I originally planned.

In shelving that game, I'll eventually be open to start something. In all honesty, I've had a strange hankering to play Resident Evil 2. No, not the PS4 remake. I'm talking PS1 original. There are considerations from my bucket list as well. Obviously, I'll post again in the thread when the decision is made.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Hey, finally doing some stuff. In the meantime I decided to play Chasm, despite not wanting to play anything else till I beat FF7 or FFT. Probs going to do Dragon Quest 3 as well in the near future, using the GBC version as that's the one I first played it with.

Chasm
Ooh, this game scratches my Metroidvania itch very much, while still doing its own thing. I think only five of the townsfolk are left to be saved. Kinda disappointed that a lot of weapons right now have similar attack power, meaning it's wholly what kind of attack animation you want. Swords seem to be pretty balanced out; knives seem too dangerous to use due to how close-ranged they are; polearms seem pointless at the moment due to not offering much more damage or reach; whips are the weakest weapons so far but are agile and have the best reach; I wanna find around overhead-swing weapon as I've gotten mileage with my club.

Managed to luck out with an item that temporarily boosts your item drop rate: I happened upon a yellow-named magical Leather Bracer, that gives really good stats. The second boss rocked me until I started to pick up its attack pattern, and I beat it on like the fourth or fifth try. The game relies on finding health items early on, and MP is even harder to restore outside of town.

There was a moment in the Gardens area where I had to grind a weak enemy for about fifteen minutes or so; my HP was low enough that a single tap from the poison-ooze pits or any enemy would've killed me. On one side of me a swinging platform segment over ooze, and the other leading to an agile enemy that probably would've hit me. I had no HP-restoring items, no save point in sight and no warp-back-to-town scrolls left. If not for the fact that leveling up restores all HP on Normal difficulty, I would've died and lost a bunch of cool items I found.

Otherwise, really fun game!

Final Fantasy Tactics
Did I mention save states were valuable last time? Because the third fight of Riovanes is disgusting for people playing it legit. Rafa is an idiot with her AI most of the time in a fight where you have to protect her. It doesn't help there's a longer cutscene before the fight too. Nevertheless it ends in victory if you can reduce any of the three foes to at least 1/4 HP.

Am at the last chapter of the game; once I save TG Cid, I'll be in blind territory. I let Rafa and Malak go in spite of wanting the latter's 108 Gems; I figured they'd seen enough violence in their lives as-is. My party is really shaping up nicely, so here's what they're like right now.

Ramza, Squire -- Item, Counter, Magic Defend Up, Move +1. I wholly intend to get Ultima when the opportunity arises. I cheesed the Wiegraf fight, but didn't use Auto Potion; the Chameleon Robe came in handy and felt a lot less game-breaking. It's cheese, but more like mozzarella and less like a Kraft single.

Jengo, Samurai -- Black Magic, Dragon Spirit, Magic Attack Up, Move +1. Decided to have him grind a bit as a Black Magic to get Firaga, and outfitted him with a Magic Gauntlet. Haven't tested his spells as a Samurai yet, but hoping they'll be decent even without exploiting a fire or ice weakness. Am pleasantly surprised to have a Muramasa available at this point, but only bought him the one he's wielding.

Maia, Oracle -- Throw, Abandon, Gained JP Up, Move +2. Deciding to have her learn some decent Yin-Yang Magic, as I'm not sure what other abilities to give her. She's doing well as a Ninja thus far, and grabbed her a pair of Sprint Shoes to improve damage dealt by Throw in the meantime. Right now she can throw shuriken, bombs, axes (only time I actually use 'em), spears and poles. Am saving up for Life Drain, with Sleep most recently obtained.

Raziya, Monk -- Item, Hamedo, Throw Item, Move +1. I made it. During fight one of Riovanes Castle, I would up having her nom a crystal from a permadead foe, which saved me the trouble of teaching her Secret Fist. I had saved up for a Bracer (which I erroneously called a Gauntlet prior), but somehow her punch damage is ~100 even without Attack Up. Nice. As far as I can tell, she's complete once I get her Earth Slash.

Nazreen, Dragoon -- Dance, Counter, Secret Hunt, Move +1. She's complete at this point, with all Dances learned and good parameters for her Jump command. Been having her use an Aegis Shield as that's really the biggest threat to her IMO. I intend to grind for a Holy Lance at some point. Last time I played I somehow got the rare poach from a Sekhret minotaur instead of the commonly-poached spear, an Ivory Rod.

Lovella, Black Mage -- Time Magic, Weapon Guard, Short Charge, Move +1. Lovella also seems complete insofar as her moveset. Other than Meteor there's no other Time Magic that I want, and other than Thundaja there's no further Black Magic either. Did close the level gap for my team with her a l'il. The Wizard Mantle she'd been wearing all game is now replaced with Alma's pair of Red Shoes.

Mustadio, Engineer -- Snipe, Item, Counter, Throw Item, Move +1. Not different, basically complete. Still don't know if Counter can be used point-blank with a gun. Am considering what magic revolver(s) I should get for him. Nazreen is the only one with Steal Weapon, so maybe I should look ahead without spoiling too much?

Agrias, White Mage -- Black Magic, Weapon Guard, Gained JP Up, Move +1. Mostly grinding out White Mage to round out her Holy Knight abilities. Recently obtained Holy Explosion, and at 373 JP for the H-Knight she's nearing completion. As I had spare Black Mage JP I gave her Thunder and Thundara, as even with Equip Sword her Holy Sword techs are pretty weak. Her White Magic right now consists of Cure, Cura, Raise, and Esuna; probably gonna grab Protect, Shell, and Holy and call her complete after.
Ok an update:

Phantasy Star Online Episode 3
Nearly finished the Arkz story then I have the hunter side. So I'm just shy of half way.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth
I'm on chapter four (no idea how many chapters) and 189 hours in! Apparently the game time keeps passing when the switch is on standby. Has done wonders for the digimon in my farm.
Marrend
Couple of updates today!

God of War (2018) - FINISHED!
Not going to lie, I kept expecting to fight Thor, or maybe even Odin. Never happened in my play of this game. I'm not too sad about that, though. Kratos' journey with his son has come to a satisfying enough conclusion.

Final Fantasy 9 - Progress update
Disk 1 is done. I can't say I'm really excited to play the next sequence. If the game picks up with Dagger/Steiner, I think they eventually get back to Alexandria. Though, maybe Dagger takes a brief aside to search for the SuperSoft in Treno? My memory might be a touch off on this point. If it's Zidane/Vivi/Freya, I think that party basically gets one-shotted by Beatrix. Again. Because the first time wasn't enough to exemplify how one-sided that fight is.

Resident Evil 2 - Started!
Racoon City's population of zombies has gone up drastically, and the number of ways to get out is plummeting. Leon or Claire might be able to escape, but, not before encountering some really weird/spooky/dangerous stuff.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake - off the Bucket List
I do want to play this, at some point. However, I just don't see me being first in line when it comes out by any means. I'm mostly giving myself a bit more leeyway as to when I might get it.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
January::..
So, I haven't played much and playing games on phone is def less addicting than playing on computer. Also, there are two PC releases I need to play asap (but not sooner than in february)

1. UnCiv
It's a cool free wip remake of Civ V for phones. It really takes the desktop version and makes it light on resources, while leaving the game's complexity untouched. Still, for some reason it's not as addicting. I'm always bored with it after few minutes and my plays lack long term strategy. The pacing is off, at least for phones.

2. Hoplite
Another free game for Android. It's a very light tactics game/space puzzle, which becomes more frustrating than challenging very fast.

3. Endless Scroll
A masterful bitsy game I recommend to everyone as it turns a facebook conversation in something meaningful. Ofc, there are other games like this, but this being a bitsy game feels like an achievement.
Pages: first 12345 next last