RPGMAKER MAFIA FOR NORMAL PEOPLE GAME OVER [MAFIA]

OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Still reading on Fomar, Emily and Tale.

Tale looks kinda "lost" to me because he's a newbie too (right?)
Difficult for me to do a reading on him, for now.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=OldPat
Hence he was aware of my unavailability. Voting me for that felt like an "opportunity voting" more than a scum hunting kinda thing.

author=Jeroen_Sol
OldPat hasn't been around much, and like Princess and odd hasn't interacted with much that has happened when he got back.

Maybe I should have worded it better, but my issue wasn't the fact that you had few posts. It was that when you got back and did post, you didn't really interact with what had happened in the thread while you were gone. LP and odd share this problem.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=psy_wombats
@Cap: I've kind of been mentally making notes of possible teamwork myself, it's not pointless. Mostly because it's more valuable to flip people with lots of interactions than those than just get piled on last minute.

re Jero: see https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25156/?post=905293#post905293 -- basically I think he realized he was picking up heat and went for Demon when he slipped on LP -- Demon's case looked bad but not all that scummish

I don't think "pre-flip associations" are bad, I've sort of been paying attention to "x and y definitely aren't on the same team" stuff, if just because the more information in a D1 kill the better.

I don't know what to make of the digital root thing, and really doubt it was a ploy by scum for other scum to appear to be participating. That would look really bad if one of them went down. If Odd is scum, I doubt LP+DL are.

You always make them. I just wanted to see Jero's reaction, because making associations instead of analysis might be potentially wolfy because it avoids giving out opinions. It's more difficult than that, but you might end up in a spiral of false narratives and mafia driving the game based on them.

For example your associations here are good and something different than Jero pinning down possible worlds based on essentially nothing.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=AlaskanEmily
author=Cap_H
Alaskan's later presence is poor as well and she strangely, totally out of touch, reacted to Tale's claim on page 8.
I mean, that's flatly untrue. I was directly responding to Odd's thoughts on it. I literally quoted the post above mine.

Ok, maybe it was odd who was out of touch. Why did you decide to react to this accusation only?

Wifom is when you base your conclusions on something very abstract and debatable.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
@Jero:
Fair enough, but that also has something to do with my "unavailability".
At least for me, it's kinda hard to pick up on stuff that already "flew by me".
You all had time to pick up on stuff and build conversation, I came in kinda late.

I did read pretty much every post and I did as much analysis as I could. Demon striked me as potentially scummy because of the reasons he gave for lynching LP. It was certainly subject to change (again: because it was day one and some weak reasonings are understandable), but I still went for it. But it was kinda late in my timezone when I wrote that post and I didn't wanna do a big wall of text then. There was still a long way to go for day one anyway. I just wanted to express my doubts on Demon's post and give my own point of view on that part, adding the LP's schedule thing which no one mentioned.

I thought wifom was when you based your reasoning on overthinking someone else's play?

Anyways...

Why is it strange that I'm willing to change my vote? There are multiple people I would feel comfortable with lynching, and multiple people who seem suspicious to me.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Hm, OldPat might be right, but there's also a large amount of paranoia in his post and many meta points are 1)angleshooting, 2)debatable. It makes him way townier in my eyes because I know he's not an experienced player, who would avoid such stuff.
Jero's still on chopping board.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
but now he used fair enough
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=AlaskanEmily
I thought wifom was when you based your reasoning on overthinking someone else's play?

Anyways...

Why is it strange that I'm willing to change my vote? There are multiple people I would feel comfortable with lynching, and multiple people who seem suspicious to me.

mostly wording of your post and the perspective of it. It feels like you needed to show your willingness either to distance from one of them or to telegraph your possible future jump.
If you're town there are many ways to prove me wrong.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Jero reread the thread if I remember it correctly. That definitely makes him look better.
OldPat, actually. I don't mean to be flippy-floppy but he's been quite defensive and the lack of experience might not excuse that angleshooting.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
There's something... odd about Odd, I just noticed.

Not only the puzzle thing was very misleading as it was pointed out, and that would put LP on a tight spot too, potentially, but...

In here: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25156/?post=905296#post905296
He says he can't counterclaim tale. That means he was obviously paying attention.

But *then* he says he can't remember who claimed what: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25156/?post=905309#post905309

That behaviour looked kinda suspicious for me.
I'm not familiar with Odd's passive playstyle, but still...
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Not really, he remembered it well. Based on these two, odd's more likely villa than not.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
author=OldPat
He says he can't counterclaim tale. That means he was obviously paying attention.

But *then* he says he can't remember who claimed what: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25156/?post=905309#post905309

I just have a bad memory and I was too lazy to go back and check.

As for the digital root thing, I might as well say... What the heck, Jeroen? You just overthought that by a million. I'm pretty sure Psy already solved it, anyways.

My lynch towards OldPat was just me returning his lynch on me. I don't particularly care who dies this phase, so that's the only reason I'm keeping it around after he cancelled the one towards me.
author=Jeroen_Sol
Alright, reread.

I really don't like the derailing of the thread via digital root puzzle, but I'm not sure if it's scummy. Would like to hear people's opinions on it.

I'm not sure it was inherently scummy but scum being involved would not surprise me.

author=tale
Fomar have you solved odd's game of digital root?

Mostly I was wondering about outlook of oncoming days if I'm not around instead observing if I get night lynched.

No and are you asking how to work out the accuracy of your results going forward?

author=tale
If Fomar can explain: "If it's not real then we'll find out shortly." this was when he canceled vote after I claim cop. I'm not sure what this means unless referring to Night 1 as shortly?

I was expecting you to be counter claimed.

author=Cap_H
i think wolves are in:
odd, old, princess, jero, emily

Jeroen is neutral for me, oterhwise I agree with the list, I'd be willing to support lynches on any of them, we're getting closer to the deadline.

author=Cap_H
fomar, we can lynch odd for math, if you want to

Odd is a case of brain and heart for me, I feel like his puzzle was just him but then my brain is screaming it was a way for him to interact without scum hunting and he panicked when it blew up. I would support an odd lynch as previously stated.

author=psy_wombats
also you guys are waaaay in left field on this root thing

As much as I feel like I've wasted enough time on it, I hate to leave a puzzle unsolved, give us a hint? I had to google what in the world it was, not come across it before.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
author=oddRABBIT
author=OldPat

I just have a bad memory and I was too lazy to go back and check.

As for the digital root thing, I might as well say... What the heck, Jeroen? You just overthought that by a million. I'm pretty sure Psy already solved it, anyways.

My lynch towards OldPat was just me returning his lynch on me. I don't particularly care who dies this phase, so that's the only reason I'm keeping it around after he cancelled the one towards me.

Okay, but as now I've shifted my "joke" lynch to someone else... what are your thoughts on who could be scum?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Didn't I state my thoughts on scum a while ago?

Oh, of course I'm open to dying, though I'd prefer to last another day or so.

And, well. The digital root thing does genuinely have a prize as an answer, if you aren't dumb. Though in the wrong hands it could be pretty bad.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Based on the last few pages, Cap is also on my definitely not kill today pile.

author=Cap_H
You always make them. I just wanted to see Jero's reaction, because making associations instead of analysis might be potentially wolfy because it avoids giving out opinions. It's more difficult than that, but you might end up in a spiral of false narratives and mafia driving the game based on them.

For example your associations here are good and something different than Jero pinning down possible worlds based on essentially nothing.

I'm not really seeing the difference between "X and Y are probably not scum together" and "X and Y could be working together" in terms of usefulness, but it's true that it's too early to say anything definitively and the latter is more useful when we've already found a scum.

author=oddRABBIT
I don't particularly care who dies this phase, so that's the only reason I'm keeping it around after he cancelled the one towards me.

Can't say I'm a fan of this attitude.

author=Fomar0153
As much as I feel like I've wasted enough time on it, I hate to leave a puzzle unsolved, give us a hint? I had to google what in the world it was, not come across it before.

No. I live for puzzles, but we can try to solve it during night phase. I forbid everyone from wasting our final hours of the day.
author=OldPat
Still reading on Fomar, Emily and Tale.

Tale looks kinda "lost" to me because he's a newbie too (right?)
Difficult for me to do a reading on him, for now.

Tale is newish, I think he's played one or two fewer games than me. I think it's language more than anything.

author=oddRABBIT

This strikes me as really bad attitude.
Fomar- Yes, accuracy of results going forward to Day 2 if I survive/ someone else. Also factor of losing 2 players in Day 1 and Night 1. Thank you for your calculations, I'm a bit at ease.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
After reading through, my final thoughts are as following:

tale is still new and he's still trying to partecipate and evaluate the situation. While I still can't get a full read on him, he didn't tickle my scum detector.

Fomar is fine, for now. Emily partecipated enough recently, imo. For now, nothing that tickles me about her.

I stand by my early reasonings, both Psy and Cap read town for now for the reasons I've explained before. Psy tries to evaluate the situation as much as Cap, who also looks like quite the aggressive townie.

I don't have much to say about LP, for now. She's behaving the same as the last game.

Jero and Demon are still on my possible lynch list. I didn't quite read them as town, yet, and the reasons why I got suspicious of them still remain.

But Odd probably takes the cake. His way of playing the game is annoying, the puzzle thing is off topic and a potential derail. He says he explained who he thinks is scum and yet he's still going by a joke lynch (maybe he wants to jump on a bandwagon himself later on?)

I've defended him in our last game, but in that game he only "stayed on the side". This time he's actually, actively, trying to derail attention away somehow.

And yes, those two posts I picked up still look suspicious to me.

I'll go for it.
#cancel
#lynch OddRabbit