WHO EXACTLY IS/WAS HELAZ?

Pages: 1
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
I see this user named "Helaz" constantly talked about in passing mention across this website. Even though I joined in 2015, I know almost nothing about the "history" of this site and all the infamous things that happened in it. Can someone please catch me up on who is "Helaz" person is and any other drama that happened on this site that I should know about? Thanks.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Drama is just that: drama. It's pretty irrelevant when it comes to the purpose of this site, which is to develop and enjoy indie games.
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
But I'm really curious and want to be in on the loop. Also WOWZERS! That's a lot of makerscore! Nearly 20K? That's insane! You might just have the highest in the whole website! Higher than the mods even! Please teach me your ways oh great master of makerscore. /s

Edit: I also want to know because this "Helaz" guy is relevant to the upcoming xmas community game (he's the main antagonist) and I want to be able to comprehend the plot and not be completely lost. That's the main reason, but my curiosity is another major factor. Plus, I like drama. It gives me sustenance. (last part was /s)
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I used to be an admin back in the ancient days, haha. And I wasn't really around for that whole period of RMN (I was mostly AWOL for the last 5 years due to stuff), so I'm not really qualified to talk about that whole thing.
I recommend visiting the discord if you really wanna know. We tend to avoid talking about him because all he craves is attention and he's been ban evading for years.
All you need to know is that he broke the rules and was banned.
Helaz is some loser who spent a day spamming up the forums for the lulz and got permabanned and just can't get over it. (though maybe they've gotten over it now. I certainly hope they are having a good time somewhere not being a complete cunt)
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Illy
I recommend visiting the discord if you really wanna know. We tend to avoid talking about him because all he craves is attention and he's been ban evading for years.

This does bring up a good point. Given that he craves attention so much, I don't see why he should be featured at all in an RMN community game, even if he's the villain. That's still giving him attention (and by proxy, making newbies curious about who he is). He is best forgotten, because it's the exact opposite of what he wants.

Given that the game is a work in progress, it's probably too late to change that now, but in the future, I'd like to suggest that helaz be completely dropped from "RMN lore" or whatever you want to call it. Let's not feed the troll.
author=unity
Given that the game is a work in progress, it's probably too late to change that now, but in the future, I'd like to suggest that helaz be completely dropped from "RMN lore" or whatever you want to call it. Let's not feed the troll.

I concur. I'd like to volunteer that people like OzzyTheOne, OldPat, and kentona make excellent lore villains.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
For starters, when was it decided hellaz was going to be a character anywhere in xmas card? Frogge never said anything of the sort i don't think?
From what I've seen of him, the behaviors he's exhibited, and the types of threats he has made, giving him any more attention (and ammo to use against people) is far from a good idea.
did I live long enough to become the villain?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Who exactly is/was Helazz?

Some things are better off forgotten. As for the Christmas Card 2020 event, literally the only person who even mentioned him was Addit, and I'd certainly rather not see Helazz be in there at all.

*Edit: I think this thread has more than served it's purpose.
Pages: 1