ADVANCE WARS MAFIA (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS) [MAFIA]

author=Fomar0153
Is it me or is it weird that everyone cast a vote with their first post?

I think that's pretty normal? People throw around some some joke or obviously flimsy votes to get the ball rolling on D1, before we choose someone to actually lynch on purpose.

Speaking of which, we have less than 20 hours now, and we need to get a lynch going pretty quick here.

author=Fomar0153
Maybe scum will set themselves on fire. From experience that's a great way to win.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. There is no way that I, scum or otherwise, have ever set myself on fire.
We gotta get started somewhere for sure. I don't like eggberts reasoning either. I thought it was pretty obvious that the votes on Shinan weren't serious especially with how early it was into the game at that point. Since he's the only one who put out a real vote, let me ask this: What was it about their post that drew you into voting the same way?

Let's get some discussion going so we can actually get some information out of our vote, rather than voting someone randomly who has barely even posted. For now let's do this.

#cancel

#vote eggbertx
author=AlaskanEmily
Speaking of which, we have less than 20 hours now, and we need to get a lynch going pretty quick here.

Yeah tbh you're right I nominate eggbert. He was adding to a bandwagon he didn't have to

#Cancel
#Vote Eggbert
I feel like maybe we all need to be posting more to be able to do something smarter, but then again it's D1 and I think we're all a bit rusty (or at least I am after not playing for over a year).

author=demonlord5000
Since he's the only one who put out a real vote, let me ask this: What was it about their post that drew you into voting the same way?

I would also like to hear Eggbert's response to this before hammer or end-of-day. To be honest though, just not that much had happened yet when Eggbert voted. I'll try to be around tomorrow morning, more folks need to speak up.

#Cancel
#vote Eggbert
I'm definitely rusty. It's hard to talk before the first couple of people die since there's not much to go off of. I would like to see more ppl around though
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Very official vote count
Eggbertx (3): demonlord5000, Gourd_Clae, AlaskanEmily
Shinan (2): Fomar0153, tale, Eggbertx
OzzyTheOne (2): Shinan, OzzyTheOne
tale (1): psy_wombats

Not voting: tale

11 hours and 57 minutes left till deadline.
Well if I'm being called to the stand then fine.
My reason for voting Shinan is admittedly kinda dumb and largely the result of me not paying attention due to being distracted by IRL stuff. I somehow didn't notice that the discussion was already on the 2nd page, I just saw (what I thought were) the two latest posts, at the bottom of the 1st page voting Shinan. I was concerned that if I didn't agree with the emerging group, the group would end up turning on me.
Interesting that you were afraid of being turned against if you thought the only posts were the first three posts of the game, which had basically zero content in them.

Also word of warning, you aren't supposed to edit posts in mafia. Not sure if you knew that. You probably just went to fix a typo, but it's a rule to avoid people changing the content of their post. Cap will probably see that and message you too, so be careful about that.
author=Fomar0153
Is it me or is it weird that everyone cast a vote with their first post?

It's just not the same without Liberty or someone yelling that we shouldn't kill anyone.

Anyway: re: killing someone today, Eggbert did not strike me as any more or less suspicious than anyone else. I'm more suspect of demonlord and AE for acting like there's any good reason.

#cancel
#vote Shinan

I'll switch my vote if needed in order to secure a daykill.
Actually, like 30 minutes left. Is anyone around?

I also forgot to say, my Shinan vote is meta -- every game I've played with him, he drops a vote on someone immediately after the day starts and then vanishes into the aether until the next day haha
Just me I think. With most players being inactive it's hard to place a meaningful vote. Sure I could toss a throwaway vote on Shinan or Ozzy for only having one post, but I feel like we learn very little by people stacking up votes on that route. I've had no issues with Gourds or Emily's point, and the Eggbert post is really the only one I didn't like that had any kind of content in it.

Would definitely like to hear more from those that haven't been posting.
We need one person currently not voting Eggbert or Shinan in order to daykill.
Here *reading up quickly* my vote is currently on Shinan. So it'd have to be Eggbert if we're all that's here and the deadline is approaching.

Honestly I actually prefer my Shinan vote which was a joke when I made it but only ahas happened since, Shinan's style of one obligatory post a day certainly makes him a solid option when there's little to go on.

I am open to Eggbertx, I didn't like his initial reason but his last post has me unsure. Also to reiterate demonlord5000, you get modkilled for editing posts.

#cancel
#vote demonlord5000

Ah screwed up, forgot I copied demonlord5000 after Eggbertx.

#cancel
#vote Eggbertx

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
And that was the hammer. Expect an update in 5-10 minutes.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Hammer!

Final vote count
Eggbertx (5): demonlord5000, Gourd_Clae, AlaskanEmily, Fomar0153, psy_wombats
Shinan (1): Fomar0153, tale, Eggbertx
OzzyTheOne (2): Shinan, OzzyTheOne

Not voting: tale

Everyone in the war room was cautious and mostly silent. There was a mole among them after all. Every movement seemed to be suspicious. Finally, Hachi tried to point a finger. But he hesitated and started talking about the upcoming battle instead. He suggested to swiftly overrun one of the Black Hole's cities, barricade their tanks in the city and wait for the enemy there, while he would wait with his forces few miles away and ambush the opposing forces from behind.

They went ahead with the plan. But the city felt weirdly silent, almost deserted, to other Red Star COs. So, they decided to retreat to a nearby forest. Shortly after, the skies above filled with airplanes and turned the city into dust.

"We got lucky," someone said.
"What a stupid plan, it felt almost like a trap," another CO replied.

Suddenly a scout unit reported in with an information that Hachi and his units are moving away from the main force. They tried to contact them.

"We get you next time. Glory to Black Hole," Hachi radioed and cut off communications.

They went after them in a hot pursuit and soon after turned the small unit in dust. Later that day they brought in a corpse. At first it looked like Hachi, but the second look revealed that it wasn't their fellow Red Star CO at all.

Eggberx was:
Adder, Black Hole, 1-shot janitor

Day 2 starts in roughly 22 hours and 25 minutes. You have 22 hours to send your actions in.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS

Night 1
After a short celebration of the initial victory, everything goes silent as the Red Star's army goes to bed. Soon, you can hear loud snoozing of tired soldiers.
Not everyone is asleep, tho. Sami and her units are far away from the main army, marching through a thick forest. Most of her soldiers are elite commandos and they even have several guys with rocket launchers with them. But how have they got here?

After the battle and with the mole dead, the COs figured out that it would be for the best to strike again as soon as possible. Someone suggested to send Sami to ambush the enemy base in early morning hours. Their intel was that Green Earth would join the battle.

Sami gives an order to start the attack. Her units leave the cover and enter an open plain where the enemy camp should be. It's a little big foggy and the camp seems to be hidden in the fog. Suddenly, a group of recon vehicles starts circling around them before lining up behind their ranks and opening fire. They turn back and answer to them with rocket launchers, blowing almost half of them in the first run. At that moment, something else appears in the mist. Black silhouettes of Neotanks are the last thing Sami and most of her troops see.

Fomar0153 was killed. He was Sami, Red Star tracker.

Day 2 starts now and you have 48 hours to talk and vote (in other words you can post now). The hammer is 4 votes.
I honestly can't remember ever hitting scum on D1 before.
@psy It feels good to be a winner. I called it! We have definitely hit scum day 1 before. Ironically I remember a time we hit Liberty day 1 actually.

Idk why scum targeted fomar. Kind of rude of them! My first guess was to make shinan look suspicious maybe? But after day 1 it'd be hard to believe that eggbert just voted for shinan, getting it so close to hammer day 1 on shinan for no reason.