ADVANCE WARS MAFIA (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS) [MAFIA]

I'm around. Mostly waiting to hear more from tale before throwing down the ozzy vote since he brought up that line of reasoning.
With Fomar gone there isn't a way to verify night actions that happened. Doesn't tell alignment in any way

While there's no confirmed town, just a short discussion to listen to future day play insight. I'll be around to vote when needed
Ah, OK. For today, I don't think that changes our reasoning.

I think we already know the plan. We should lynch today, and then tomorrow we have the option to not lynch if something comes up. Realistically we get 2 more lynches either way.
Guess there's no real reason to put this off any longer.

#vote Ozzy
Yeah, I think you're right.

#vote Ozzy
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh well, get scum for me

#vote Ozzy
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Sorry, forgot to cancel my vote on Tale first, let me do this properly

#cancel

#vote OzzyTheOne
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
End of Day 3
After the morning accident everyone got all accusatory. That was when Ozzy burst in, full of enthusiasm and new tactical ideas.
"We should flank them from both sides, surround them and turn them into dust with airstrikes. Andy and Max can use their super duper CO powers. The Black Hole's army will be just a hole!"
"Whoa, whoa, slow down, soldier. This smells like another trap to me," Max said to him.
His own plan was to attack head on. And up until this moment his strategy had had an overwhelming support. Suddenly, everyone was talking about flanking enemy, ambushes, attacking from behind or calling friends from other nations for air support.
Later that day Ozzy and his unit got a new assignment. They were ordered to advance and attack the enemy head on. They found it a little bit suspicious - ten tanks against an entire army. But they obeyed the command and Ozzy was convinced that the rest of the forces is following his suggestion and that they're supposed to be a decay.
They drove for few miles and finally encountered their adversary. After a single minute all of their tanks were destroyed and everyone in the unit was dead.

OzzyTheTank was eliminated. He was a vanilla Red Star soldier.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Night 3
Nell was furious.
"Who gave the order? Such a stupid idea to send a single unit against an entire army. Was it you, Max?"
"No, I would rather go myself than send some randos in tanks. It had to be the mole," Max replied.
"We should use the night to gather some intel on the enemy," Andy suggested.
Nell calmed down and nodded.
Several recon units under Demonlord5000 were sent out to stealthily approach the enemy position and use advance system to learn more about the composition of the Black Hole's army.
The mission was complete success. They got the numbers, the position of individual units and were about to leave their position and return to the base, when a missile exploded one of the vehicles.
"Damn it, mechs," Demonlord cursed and quickly turned his vehicle around, ready to ram his way through enemy positions.
He stood no chance. After few hundred yards a missile managed to hit rear of his vehicle. He lost control and crashed into a helicopter turning it, his atv and himself into a fireball.

I cant find any interesting pictures for this event but you can listen to this cool homage.

Demonlord5000 was killed at night. Ha was a vanilla Red Star soldier

I'm sorry for the delay. I will try to update this and the previous post with pictures and text soon. It is day now. You can post.
You need three votes in order to hammer. Deadline is on Wednesday, some 60 hours from now.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I messed up and put Gourd Clae in the dead chat by an accident. So, he's dead too. He was a vanilla soldier fighting for Red Star. All flavours coming up in next 24 hours. Also you need only 2 votes to hammer. It's yeet or lose.

Players alive:
AlaskanEmily
Shinan
tale

50 hours till deadline.
I guess that's one way of giving up
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Flak was still in his bed getting ready for another day of pretending to be Max. He ambushed and captured the fool weeks ago. So far the infiltration was successful, but Flak wasn't the brain Adder used to be. He knew that he can't keep his cover for much longer. With this on his mind, he was getting ready to rise and pretend, when an explosion shook him off the bed.
He was certain it was here, Black Hole is finally attacking.
It was an a swift and easy victory. Mainly because Andy managed to decapitate himself with his own oversized wrench.
Andy got in a minor squabble with a tank driver over the way he upgraded and modified his machine. The tank driver like various quirks of the trusty machine. Andy threw his wrench in anger at the tank and it bounced back and turned him into a headless corpse.
The tank and its driver exploded about 30 seconds later, when the bombing started.
Black Hole took over the Red Stars' territory and turned it into a moonscape.

GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS

Also, a minor victory for Gourd, who was injured and forced to leave the camp. In the aftermath of the war he survived the reign of terror and started an underground resistance cell.

Tale was eliminated. He was Andy, Red Nova Protector
Shinan was killed. He was a vanilla Red Nova soldier
AlaskanEmily prevailed. They were Flak, Black Star Roleblocker
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I think everything should be updated. Thank you everyone for joining and playing.

Mafia Chat
Dead Chat

I probably will delete both servers in roughly two weeks.

Setup notes:
The initial setup probably was slightly scumsided, because of the 1-shot janitor, which could mess with town a lot. I was thinking about giving town one extra weak power but I was afraid that the game could become mechanically solvable with nine players. All power roles had to charge their powers with votes. I found that to be a clever way to mimic the way you charge various CO powers in the video game. Also, it was supposed to make the game more active...
I guess this would work better in a bigger game with more activity as here it was easy for AlaskanEmily to find Fomar and sway the game in their favour. Also, the two remaining powers ended up being useless.
Congrats to emily and eggbert!! your plan to kill of active ppl was v evil but i respect it

Edit: reading scum chat and realizing your tactic for a hot second was to kill ppl with the most votes cast makes TOTAL sense. It would look like targeting active ppl, bc in a way you are but is more about roles than activity. Very interesting! Also think it's funny you thought me or demon might flip on you. I was more convinced that you were town than I was of demon being town!

I felt good about my instincts at the beginning of the game, but after lynching eggbert I just kinda waltzed into trouble. Even if I hadn't been accidentally killed by cap, I do not think the game would have been ended differently. I very much would have gone for shinan and tale on the last day before I went for emily.

edit2: oh! also, while i enjoy playing with a role more, I didn't think it was fair to scum so I didn't take it. I assumed everybody else thought the same since nobody even mentioned it. it pretty much never entered my mind again after that.

Emily + egg Win by Doing Nothing !! congrats again lmao!! I'll take my minor victory too!
I was worried constantly after N1 that town would have a rolecop and/or a doctor. Turns out I needn't be worried.

I felt very secure after D1 when it came to the lynch. At the time, I was convinced that if I wasn't on the Eggbert train I would be suspicious (and let's be honest, those who weren't on the train were prime suspects most of the game). I didn't anticipate that the lynch required every single person active at the time to be on it. Sorry Eggbert! But at least your death meant victory was all but assured.

author=Gourd_Clae
reading scum chat and realizing your tactic for a hot second was to kill ppl with the most votes cast makes TOTAL sense. It would look like targeting active ppl, bc in a way you are but is more about roles than activity. Very interesting! Also think it's funny you thought me or demon might flip on you. I was more convinced that you were town than I was of demon being town!

Yeah, it was convenient that every night the people with the highest votes cast also happened to look like good NK targets too. Then I realized that might actually be a good metric for choosing NK in general.

My first NK, Fomar, was because he felt like a good target, but also because he mentioned something about "why so many votes cast so early". That made me think he might have a PR, since it wasn't public knowledge that powers were charged by casting votes and that might make him think about the total number of votes cast.

I also wasn't so much sure that Gourd or Demon would turn on me, but more that I thought it more likely that an endgame of just Gourd, Demon, and me would make me a much more likely suspect since all three of us were on the Eggbert train. I really wanted the endgame to be Tale and/or Shinan, Gourd or Demon, and me. But I guess I was worried for nothing.
The game basically ended on D2 when town failed to remove either ozzy or tale. An endgame with either alive wasn't winnable.

also,
author=psy_wombats
people who claim to have a good read on d1 are usually full of it.
author=AlaskanEmily
I also wasn't so much sure that Gourd or Demon would turn on me, but more that I thought it more likely that an endgame of just Gourd, Demon, and me would make me a much more likely suspect since all three of us were on the Eggbert train.
Ahhh this makes total sense. I definitely would've reconsidered at that point.

author=psy_wombats
author=psy_wombats
people who claim to have a good read on d1 are usually full of it.
Look 1/3 scum reads on day 1 is awful but I felt good about it lmao
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
The game was neat, but there was way less activity than I had hoped.
I had also totally forgotten about the game after my first post and that came back to bite me in the ass.