WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

author=LouisCyphre
Guilty Gear

Yes, that is what you've been missing. It is indeed super fun.

And Dizzy was the final boss in Guilty Gear X. Former boss characters are always going to be awesome. I'm more of a Sol guy myself, but then again, I have this habit of picking the main character in fighting games. Though I also tend to dabble a bit in Axl or Johnny once in a while.

Guilty Gear was the game that got me into fighting games, with its hectic gameplay, wacky character designs, and absolutely METAL soundtrack. It's likely the main reason why one of my dreams is to design the cast of a fighting game.

And Daisuke Ishiwatari is pretty much the Leonardo da Vinci of gam mak. He was the lead designer for Guilty Gear, did a bunch of artwork including the character designs, composed the soundtrack, voiced Sol and even found some time write code for the game. He is a god amongst men.

You might also want to pick up Blazblue. It's a sort of spiritual successor to Guilty Gear made by the same team. I think Continuum Shift also has a PSP port.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=CyberDagger
author=LouisCyphre
Guilty Gear
You might also want to pick up Blazblue. It's a sort of spiritual successor to Guilty Gear made by the same team. I think Continuum Shift also has a PSP port.

I picked up GG because I found BlazBlue obnoxious and pandering. I'll take demon wings and lasers over nigh-topless squirrels, thank you.

Not to mention how GG just feels... more fluid? There's less crap between the move you want to do in your head and the command you have to put in to do it. Characters don't have more moves than they need. I really, really dig that - combos are made of up your normal attacks, not 40-50 extra attacks that only become available mid-combo like BB or a lot of 3D fighters.
author=LouisCyphre
I picked up GG because I found BlazBlue obnoxious and pandering. I'll take demon wings and lasers over nigh-topless squirrels, thank you.

Not to mention how GG just feels... more fluid? There's less crap between the move you want to do in your head and the command you have to put in to do it. Characters don't have more moves than they need. I really, really dig that - combos are made of up your normal attacks, not 40-50 extra attacks that only become available mid-combo like BB or a lot of 3D fighters.

Point taken. Although I enjoy both, I have to admit I prefer Guilty Gear. Your criticism of Blazblue is entirely valid.

Maybe they should put Daisuke back in charge...
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Bioshock is freaking me the hell out. It's not very subtle about the whole objectivism thing though - there's a character called Atlas for Christ's sake.

Also, Me Vs. a Big Daddy:

1. I shotgun its face
2. I get mauled/blown to pieces
3. Repeat 1 and 2 ad infinitum

Yeah..I'm not very good at this.

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

WATCHU LOOKIN' AT MATE

I know I'm a year late... but god fucking damn this game is so good.

Shuriken is my favorite weapon so far, although I usually switch to my pistol when shooting down Biotic'd targets. I'm playing an Engineer; I love the combat drone ability, haha.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
I think I'll quit Enchanted Arms.
what game is that Craze?
Craze
Mass Effect 3.
I loved ME3 but I have a major beef with it. And it's gameplay related, not about the ending. Party dynamics are bad because there is only one biotic: Liara. If you want a balanced party she becomes a default member just like Shepard.

Traditionally, characters are either devoted to one role type or a hybrid of two. It breaks out like this:

Guns: James, Ashley (variable)
Guns/Tech: Garrus
Guns/Biotic: Javik (variable/DLC)
Tech: Tali, EDI (Why are there two here?)
Tech/Biotic: Kaidan (variable)
Biotic: Liara

Out of the three characters that have biotic powers, two are variable. Kaidan can be dead and, most telling of all, Javik's role is completely empty if you don't buy DLC, feeding the notion that Bioware intended Javik to be a core squadmate.
They probably could have avoided that problem if, you know, they actually carried over any of the characters from Mass Effect 2 into your squad. Instead of just coming up with reasons for them to leave and not have a role in the story.

I think that outside of the ending/handling of the Reapers the squard is one of my biggest problems with ME3.
I guess I didn't play at a high enough difficulty in ME3 because squadmember powers NEVER impacted the squadmates I chose. To me the AI guys were just goons that sometimes threw around unique lines of dialogue.
Craze
Mugford... they did a fine job with the squad. ME2's was about fifty characters too large and they all sucked except garrus/mordin/tali/??grunt??. (Okay, 6-7 characters too large. STILL HOLY SHIT) -- and the only worthwhile members that didn't become PCs (entire list: Mordin) are ship NPCs. Mordin not fighting makes sense anyway, he's kinda busy with the genophage.

that said, I agree with Jude on the distribution. This is alleviated somewhat by Shepherd's ability to find and learn additional powers, but I've noticed it even though I have Javik. The big problem is that EDI's an interesting enough character to talk to but

seriously

why the fuck have "sexy robot" when you could have a KROGAN, or a salarian? and by "salarian" I mean KROGAN

KRRRROOOOGGGGAAANNNNN

ME3 has the team size correct, but EDI not being a krogan is just insulting to the entire game's universe. kkrrrooooogggaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Been playin' Rokko-Chan because I've been living under a rock and this is the first I've heard of it.

It's a Megaman game. I think it's a flash game as well. The controls are thus surprisingly fluid and fast paced. A lot more slippery than I can handle on a keyboard, that's for sure. Made it all the way to the Dr. Wily (well the game calls him Dr. Mad) levels before I gave up at the stupid shark boss.

I admire all the different little things that made the stages unique, but I can't help but feel that they were more the focal point than the jumping and shooting. The weapons were all awesome, because I was able to find a use for every single one during my single playthrough this evening. That's at least one thing this game's got over most megamans.

Jet Man's stage is the best. THAT MUSIC.
@Craze: I disagree, but perhaps I used the wrong words. There were only a few characters that I entirely disliked in ME2, basically Jacob and Miranda since they were bland as all hell. I know for a fact that Legion not returning makes no sense since he says something along the lines of "We will fight with you until the Old Machines are vanquished". You can talk all you want about the Geth being at war, but Legion was operating on like 1000+ platforms. There's no way one of them shouldn't have been able to stick around.

I guess I hold the opinion because of the way they handled the post ending in ME2. Since you can still play after you deal with the main story I got the sense that the squad was sticking around for Shepard himself, and not just because Cerberus was paying them to. I guess I felt a weird disconnect between the games because of that, I didn't understand why I had to go and round up everyone all over again.

It's just me I suppose, I cry myself to sleep about how amazing ME2 is so I probably have a bias here. I do agree about not having a Krogan on the team though, that was really disappointing. I don't think I ever actually used EDI at all.
Craze
EDI's abilities are cool (dat Decoy) but James is hot, I'm dating Garrus, and Javik's a fucking Prothean. And Liara adds a lot of any mission because she knows everything.

Still haven't gotten Tali yet, and Ashley's still healing. Huh.
Replaying Dragon Quest 4. So much grinding.

I don't remember how I ever got through it without save states.
Sims 3, Sims 3 and more Sims 3. Aaaand, a little bit of Paper Mario TTYD for whatever reason.

Vivian for life~
beat bioshock infinite

pretty fuckin awesome game, felt so much better than the first bioshock, but it wasn't very hard at all (plus the ending is an acquired taste)

I loved the sky setting so much more than the ocean, but handymen are no substitutes for the feeling you got when you came across a big daddy. both games had definite advantages over each other
I am playing Resident Evil 6 Mercenaries mode. The story was awesome, but the cheap deaths in the game are really antagonizing. :|