WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

post=148805
Idk man, it really breaks up the authentic DQ feel where EVERTHING is a goddamn pun. I like it when the names are just really serious sounding and authentic. It's not like the original japanese version had puns. Just some jerk decided he was going to have dumb puns in the english version.

I can deal with this, but I can't deal with how slow this game is.

Everything is so slow.
I think I've just learnt why I prefer playing Minecraft on the Peacefull difficulty :-

So I'm building my base slowly, and it gets to nighttime so I'm like 'Oh dang not good' as I haven't got enough wood to finish the damn thing. So I build torches to ward off enemies spawning in base and set out for wood.
I get some but hear a skele and turn back, moving into my base so I can craft some planks and finish a small wall... too bad a creeper lept through the gap, freaking me out before 'sploding and making me freak out more.

To top it off a spider and a zombie showed up to eat me.

So much for 'Easy' difficulty :(
As of the latest update, peaceful isn't much better if you like underground bases! Right now slimes spawn underground even if the game is on peaceful (bug).

Anyway though, I've been experimenting with TNT cannon designs in Minecraft, and I've added one to the side of the top of a watch tower (the cannon's built with farmed obsidian!) that overlooks my castle's harbor, that can be adjusted to cover about anywhere in the harbor entrance with a shockwave, with the position based on amount of explosives used and properly timing the projectile's fuse.

I'm ready for alpha multiplayer! (the majority of my castle walls are filled with flowing lava by the way :) )
minecraft multiplayer is starting to sound a bit too much like dwarf fortress...
Haha how so?

And nice defense GoG, if I had the patience to do anything complex I would, but I delete + make a new world quite alot, if it randomly generated more Iron and Coal near the top then maybe I'd have a larger span of attention for one world...

Maybe we should make a seperate thread for Minecraft talk and not clutter this one up....
you mentioned watch towers, siege weapon defenses, farming obsidian...
Well, the creative mode is still its unique thing, and it has multiplayer too; I find it pretty enjoyable. I've always thought as the multiplayer survival being a bit like a 3D multiplayer dwarf fortress with simpler physics, and I'm pretty sure the developer has taken some inspiration from it, seeing as how he was trying to code a dwarf fortress to minecraft map converter.
yeah the creative mode is fun as hell
Yeah Creative can be fun, I play it multiplayer sometimes on the World of Minecraft servers but lack of imagination makes my creations tend towards crappy underground bases and forts...

Much why I prefer Alpha, especially when it gives me a huuuuuge cavern to run round in (Not completely covered the one I'm in right now), plus the slimes are somewhat challenging if they are in a large group, even with the health regen from Peaceful.
post=148877
post=148858
The original Resident Evil, for the PS1.
Will you become the master of unlocking?

I can hope, but right now i'm in the mood for a Jill Sandwich.

The game isn't as hard as I was expecting it to be (after a while), although the lizard people are douchebags.
Crackdown 2.

I really can't bring myself to enjoy this game too much. It feels cheap and low budget, like it was polished with bum spit.

More of y'all scrubs need to get Trackmania and ride with the RMN Bros
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
i have trackmania. now tell me how to ride with the rmn bros

edit: thread relevant stuff-

i have been really sick for the last 4 or 5 days, so i have been replaying twilight princess. going all completionist on its ass too- i have all but 4 of the golden bugs and i have like 30 poe souls, all 3 bomb bags with the expansion, the second quiver, and three bottles. also i haven't even started gathering the mirror shards yet.
So I'm upto the final two fights of Eternal Sonata, and of course they decided to add Waltz in the PS3 version to the Ruined Body fight, making it an SoB to beat due to Waltz hard as hell to counter attacks, makes keeping Alegretto, Jazz and Frederic alive.I think I've GO'd here more than anywhere else in the game so far, so I think a tiny bit of grinding is in order...
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=149046

Get with us on Steam, first off. Bug cccchaos, RichardHawk, rockman999, and Karsuman. Maybe Darken once he sorts out his... issues.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
post=148983
Crackdown 2.

I really can't bring myself to enjoy this game too much. It feels cheap and low budget, like it was polished with bum spit.

I am hoping to pick up Crackdown 2 eventually since I really liked the first game -- it was one of my favorite "fun" games circa 2007. I have been a bit leery about the sequel due to the inclusion of zombies and the studio change (kind of), so I am interested in your take on the game.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
post=149066
post=149046
Get with us on Steam, first off. Bug cccchaos, RichardHawk, rockman999, and Karsuman. Maybe Darken once he sorts out his... issues.
Hey no one told me this thing was FREE

Downloadng! (My steam username is tea_and_coffee986, by the way. ...not sure why.)
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
My old laptop can't handle the game apparently. Oops.
Demon's souls and the entire disgaea series. Greatly recommend both to anyone who loves rpgs.