LOOKING FOR A SHORT, EASY RPG WITH A LOT OF REALLY GOOD DIALOGUE TO FEEL PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Pages: 1
By Short let's say around or under 8 hours.

I wanna find a short, serious, easy rpg that has a lot of really good dialogue that I can really get into, and feel passionate about. Something that doesn't require strategy, puzzle solving, or qtes.
Ooh, a chance to gush over Villnoire again. Great game, about 12 hours long, shorter if you skip some of the optional content, awesome story and characters, great dialogue. The combat is pretty simple, only two elements to worry about, and it's not overly difficult. There are some simple dungeon puzzles, but nothing crazy difficult or frustrating, and I think only one of them is kind of time sensitive, but there are rest points throughout it. Probably my favorite story based RPG on this site.
I just played Last Quest IV (you should be able to find it in the games section), it's a very simple and short (around 40 mins I'd say to beat it) RM2K game that has pretty funny dialogue imo. That may be something up your alley.
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Kingdom Hearts 1 if you ignore the optional post game stuff. It's an oldie, but a goodie. Will probably take you around 10 hours to clear.
You're pretty much describing Eternal Paradise. Very simple gameplay, no puzzles that I remember, fits within your 8-hour window, and lots of character interaction.
If you like it, you can give Chronicles of Tsufanubra a try. It's by the same gamedev, though it leans closer to 10-12 hours.

I also +1 the Villnoire recommendation.
Pages: 1