SECRET SANTA 2023 ::

Pages: first prev 123 next last
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
My guess is Strak! Thank you so much, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday, too!

And if I'm wrong, you also hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Remember - you can guess who got you what over the next day or so and I'll post here when you can add the presents to the site (usually 26th). Hold off on claiming Santa status til then!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Thanks for the game santa! It was super sweet and exactly what I wanted, had a great time with it.

Definitely got some Delsin vibes from the humor, so that's my guess. Or maybe Marrend. Excited to see if I'm right!
Really loved the article and fan art! Can't wait to check out the let's plays! I'm guessing kyasu, but I could be wrong.

Also, I'm new to this, was the gift supposed to be anonymous? Libby, if you managed to find a way to do that I'm impressed. I kind of thought the reveal would happen when the gifts were given. Next year I'll keep that in mind.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
To whomever was my Santa, I absolutely love the art I got! It’s cute and full of charm. My guess is Soul was my secret santa, but we’ll see once the 26th arrived, have wonderful day y’all!
Yes, it's supposed to be secret XD

Thank you to my santa! I appreciate the effort!
I got a drawing and a review this year. Thanks for both of these! As for the review, I appreciate your honesty. I'll give my thoughts on the review once I can post it to the site. But all in all, thanks for the review, I appreciate your feedback and will use it to make Onward and Upward! DX a better game.

I'm not really sure who my Santa was. I'm going to guess kiyasu.
I have yet to figure out who my Santa is. Received multiple art, music, and a game that I have yet to play. *___* But man, so cool to get a download that was like 260 MB. Look forward to digging through this. Thanks, Secret Santa! (Though a bit sad nobody drew fan art of stuff: my first projet, the super awesome award-winning game...)

Here's what the Secret Santa wrote in their included document:

Contents:
1. Fan art of the spirit, Kiyasu, both with, and without a tail. The tailess version was used for the character sprite. Tif. and png. files.
2. Art of a Kiyasu inspired character named Madame Brioche. Tif. and png. files.
3. Music: “Kiyasu and the Spirit of Christmas”, and “Ghosties at Play”. Ogg, mp3, and wav formats, and also includes the individual raw track files.
4. Video game: Kiyasu and the Spirit of Christmas.
Aw man, I completely forgot about this, this year :(
author=Nenen
Aw man, I completely forgot about this, this year :(
Ah, you found out about Secret Santa XD Was gonna reply to your message about it, but then it was already the 12th and signups already closed around the time you messaged me.

And here's the video of my Secret Santa present. The fan art and music gifts are used in the game as well.

"I received my RMN Secret Santa present today: this game along with art and music files. Might be Pianotm or Frogge (more on the former), unless if there is someone else who also composes music and maybe makes graphics. (And not sure if Frogge does music stuff.)"

Further thoughts #1: The art did initially give me pianotm vibes, especially with music as gifts being included. However, the game being made in RPG Maker 2003 instead of RPG Maker VX Ace makes me think that this could be Frogge because I somehow associated pianotm more with VX Ace. The credits mentions music that are from past games, so I guess I could dig around their games and figure out which music here also appeared in other games, but... *time constraints* T_T

Further thoughts #2: Though looking at the Madame Brioche, makes me think that maybe somehow my Secret Santa might also be OzzyTheOne...? But I don't know, maybe he's Libby's Santa...? Or maybe Frogge is Libby's Santa...

Further thoughts #3: Hmm... maybe could somehow be Delsin7? Maybe... OK, maybe I'll just guess Soulrain, Libby, Strak, and Marrend too. >:D Muahahahaha! (But, um, probably it's pianotm, especially because of music stuff.)

I feel honored(?) I got guessed twice as a potential Secret Santa. :D Actually I'm also quite surprised because if people dug around my website, they should be able to recognize my art style right away. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the world with that main illustration style. Oops, no spilling the beans ;)

And speaking of Secret Santas being secret, I wonder how Libby manages already knowing the identity of her Santa ;P
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the cool pic of Malice and Gloop! It is very old school poster/game cartridge covery. I don't recognize the style so I'm not quite sure who did it. Hmmm, you know, it might be Strak. Thonks.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
So, this year, I got a game...

...starring everyone's favorite Star Apprentice!

This kinda makes me suspect OzzyTheOne...

...but we'll see!
Oh god, everyone went HARD on their gifts this year. I feel like I tried to do something thoughtful and personal, but now I'm worried it wasn't enough. I mean, I honestly don't know how much more I could have done with how busy I've been this season, but still. You've all given me some good ideas as to what to do next year.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Strak, you are overthinking it, hard. I don’t know who your Santa is, but the fact
that you put so much effort into it despite having little time makes your gift just as valid as any other. Your Santa most certainly appreciates and loves your gift. What matters is that you made something for someone else, whether small or big doesn’t matter. No need to compare gifts.

You’re a cool guy and there is no “standard” or threshold to meet for these gifts, as long as you put genuine effort and thought into it, you’ve made a great gift imo. And if you were short on time and were only able to gift a Steam game, that is also fine, because even then you can try to gift a game they’d really like.

I got a Steam game from my last Secret Santa and I was very happy with it since the gifte giver clearly put thought into what I’d like the most out of my Wishlist.
Frogge
author=OzzyTheOne
I got a Steam game for my last Secret Santa and I was very happy with it since the gifted clearly put thought into what I’d like the most out of my Wishlist.

:)
Here's the list!

Santas --> Santees
Liberty --> Soulrain
Marrend -- > Frogge
Soulrain --> OzzyTheOne
Frogge --> Delsin7
Strak --> pianotm
pianotm --> kiyasu
kiyasu --> Strak
OzzyTheOne --> Marrend
Delsin7 --> Liberty
I think it was fairly obvious to Ozzy that I was his Santa. I'm a pretty prominent pixel artist on the Discord, plus I got him a gift on Steam.

Surprised to see that Liberty was my secret Santa! I feel honoured having her play and review one of my games, even if it was one of my smaller ones. Thanks again for the gifts!

If you want to see the art and review that I received, I uploaded them to my own personal website.
(hidden as to not take up too much room)

As for the points mentioned in the review, I'll be able to address those in the upcoming February release of the game on Steam and Itch. I'm surprised you didn't encounter any bugs, the original game jam version of the game was pretty buggy...

I also find it a little ironic that Liberty was my secret Santa, considering the gift I made for Ozzy...
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Oh! I got it right! Thank you so much, Strak! And don't worry! Your present was great! Merry Christmas!
Frogge
My initial guess was wrong but my second guess about it being Marrend was right after all! Thank you so much Marrend, I loved the game. The credits especially were really funny.

And Delsin - I’m glad you liked the art! I’m not too used to working with an anime style but I tried my best to get it looking like an 80s anime poster for you ^^
Oh sweet, I got it correct!!! :D The RPG Maker 2003 thing did make me wonder if it could have been Frogge though (since I still associate pianotm with VX Ace), except Frogge probably doesn't make music stuff. :P

I also hope OzzyTheOne's present can be given to everyone because I am rather intrigued by the whole S.T.A.R.S. thing and gotta know what it's about. *eyes* If not in public, then at least to the Secret Santa participants... or just me? Pretty please? :'D
Pages: first prev 123 next last