VIDEO GAME PURCHASES

This is a topic where you pop in and say which game you bought and say something about it. I think a lot of us buy games that don't have threads and it would be nice to have a topic where we can still make a post about it. This could also serve as a general shopping news/tips thread.

I just bought Baroque for Wii. It was $7.99. I do not know if it will be good or not, but the reviews all say that it is a little weird and interesting et cetera, so I am looking forward to it. It is an Atlus game and is a dungeon crawler with an unusual atmosphere. I don't really know anything about it, other than reviews said that it "is not for everyone" but did not say "it is bad". It was only the cost of a rental after all!

I also bought Spectral Force 3. I don't know why. Idea Factory games are horrible and I buy so many of them. I think I might appreciate their persistence or something? Anyway, it is a tactical J-RPG for XBox 360 that is not supposed to be very good. Who knows, though - sometimes those sorts of games end up being your favorite game ever made.

I bought these at Gamefly - they have an awesome year-end sale every year where they put pre-played games on clearance. The price is like half of what Gamestop charges (Baroque is $18 used and Spectral Force 3 is $40 used at GS). They have some headlining deals such as Devil May Cry 4 for $12.99 (!!!), Ninja Gaiden 2 for $14.99 (!!!), and Grand Theft Auto 4 for $19.99 (!!!). Like seriously guys check it out before the sale ends (new year). You might even be able to trade your games back to Gamestop for a profit <3
Honestly, I haven't bought a game for myself in quite a while. I seriously think the latest game I bought was SSBB, and pretty much everyone knows about Brawl, so I don't really need to explain anything about it . That was a few months ago. I've been trying to cut back on the buying and beat the games I haven't. Left 4 Dead and Mother 3 weren't exactly bought *shrugs*

On another note, I bought my brother Resistance for the PS3 since he's getting one from his girlfriend so that's technically the most recent game I've bought. Don't know much about it other than the world is being invaded by aliens and you get awesome weapons etc., which it was also made by insomniac which is a company that has never let me down before. I've also heard nothing but good things about it, so we'll see what happens.
Legend of Kage 2 for DS. I'm still amazed I actually bought a non-jRPG. But ...

1) It was $10
2) I remembered Legend of Kage 1 on the NES. Problem was, I thought I remembered it for good reasons :D
3) You can play as Kage or Chihiro, and hey, Chihiro is cute ...
4) It's made by Square-Enix

What can I say about this game? It was worth what I paid for it. :P
It plays a lot like Kage 1 on the NES; jump around trees, throwing shurikens and slashing ninjas, only now, since Square Enix has made it, there are a bunch of cutscenes in between tree jumping and ninja slashing. (And no, not like Ninja Gaiden.)
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I just picked up Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and Chrono Trigger DS. I am in love with Shanoa because of her low back attire...
I bought left 4 dead... and that's pretty much it recently as far as actual NEW games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcTLxIb_ItA
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I just bought Baroque for Wii. It was $7.99. I do not know if it will be good or not, but the reviews all say that it is a little weird and interesting et cetera, so I am looking forward to it. It is an Atlus game and is a dungeon crawler with an unusual atmosphere. I don't really know anything about it, other than reviews said that it "is not for everyone" but did not say "it is bad". It was only the cost of a rental after all!

I own Baroque for PS2. It is an interesting game. I had no idea it was for the Wii. I bought it for significantly more than that for an outdated system. Basically, Baroque is what Realm of Souls/Finding Forever Eden would have been if Rowen ever actually made it.
I just purchased the game Dexter for psp about 2 hours ago and it's great so far. It's a fairly old game and i found it in a bin full of $9.99 games. :)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
So I have played Oldblivion (shader-killing patch) on a PC for a while, but recently got it for the PS3.

Now I know what potions of night-eye are for (see also: Khajit). I also got Rogue Galaxy for cheap; I've been meaning to get it but I had no intention of spending $40 on it. For $32 + tax, I got those two games and Elebits. Certain orientations and general gender-twisting outlooks on shopping help immensively (I just made that word up).

Also, Mysticality.
This is a topic where you pop in and say which game you bought and say something about it.

What is this....bought?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
STOP KILLING THE INDUSTRY YOU JERK

DOWNLOADING GAMES IS AGAINST THE RULES OF SPACE.

I AM NOT KIDDING.

--One must only download a game if one already owns it, one's friend owns it, or one is otherwise only seperated by five degrees from an owner of the game.

This rule sponsored by Mr. McLiberalis.
author=Craze link=topic=2773.msg52758#msg52758 date=1230435502

I AM NOT KIDDING.

--One must only download a game if one already owns it, one's friend owns it, or one is otherwise only seperated by five degrees from an owner of the game.

Yeah come on guys, who would dare download a game without already owning it.

I know i would wouldn't.
author=Craze link=topic=2773.msg52758#msg52758 date=1230435502

I AM NOT KIDDING.

What if it's in public domain ;D?

Now, back on topic...
I recently bought Bioshock for PC. It's actually quite a fun game. I enjoy shocking crazy people.
I suppose most of you already know what it is, but for those who don't:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock

Tau
RMN sex symbol
Buying Fallout 3 Limited Edition on Wednesday ;D
I PIRATE GAEMZ CAUSE I AM AN ENVIRONMENTALIST

But I actually bought L4D, cause you know Valve games cant be pirated I'm a sucker for valve.
I've bought Activision Anthology on PS2 Saturday. I love this compilation. My old atari 2600 dosen't work on my TV (I believe that the atari 2600 can only be plugged into a 30 years old TV), and have more than 30 Atari 2600 games on the same disc, I'm so happy to have this :D But, there are problems. The main menu sucks. It is just a 80's room made with a very basic 3D. I know that we play retro games but it's not a reason to give us a shitty menu like this one, with 8 bits sonds. And there are some problems with the graphics. In Stampede I can't see the score in color mode. I don't know if it was the same on the old atari 2600, but I can't play some games in color mode :/ I liked the fact that you can switch to Black and White mode. Old school style rules 8) Oh, and an other bad point. Kaboom. This game is totaly fuckin funny, but to play it, there was a Paddle Controller. But on the PS2.. You use the Joystick. Just impossible to play :/ And the final bad part, it's the PS2 Joypad. The D Pad is shitty. But you need to use the D Pad because the Analog is worse :/ But even if there are so much bad things, I fuckin love this compilation :^p
I just bought Disgaea DS. I'm not very far into it, but it's really, REALLY good so far.
author=TooManyToasters link=topic=2773.msg52835#msg52835 date=1230521461
I just bought Disgaea DS. I'm not very far into it, but it's really, REALLY good so far.
The only complaint I've got with Disgaea DS is one that realistically, they couldn't have gotten around, and that's how much voice acting they stripped from it. It's got some of the better voice acting out there and it's a shame how little of it makes it into the DS game, especially since 99% of CAPTAIN GORDON, DEFENDER OF EARTH's lines are text-only. New fans are going to have no idea why CAPTAIN GORDON, DEFENDER OF EARTH is so great.

I just bought and have been playing Dragon Quest VIII. I'm almost up to where I left off at when I rented it from GameFly, and enjoying it fairly well. Not much to say about it that wouldn't be "You should know this already" for a Dragon Quest game (it's unapologetically old school, pretty difficult, the character designs have those familiar Akira Toriyama faces...) I also bought Tales of Vesperia on iishenron's advice, but haven't received it yet. I liked the demo I downloaded, though.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just bought:
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
and
Call of Duty 4.5 whatever name it is. WWII agaaaain.

Spidey was hard to control at first because the movements are finnicky and quick; however, the more you play the easier it is to use. I actually really love the improvements over previous Spider-Man titles. Now you can combat in the air, and on the wall as easy as on the ground. It's incredible, and there's no sense of vertigo. The city is enormous, and the little 'save the civilian' tasks are fun; enemies have little more variety; and combat as I mentioned is great. The range of moves makes for an entertaining battle. Acrobatics while swinging has been improved, and they kept that mechanic that says web must stick to something for swinging. Then there's the ease of using the Black Suit. Ohhh that's fun.
On the bad side, there's some graphical glitches since they were probably pressed for time rendering this on all platforms. And I've witnessed one loading error and two camera glitches. Also, the lock-on system is a pro/con in that great for battle, but when swinging along and you try to target one group, you might end up targetting some goblin flyers in the air, making your camera impossible to use.

Force Unleashed - I'm only two levels in, but what I've played so far has kept me interested. The story is a little meh, and the biggest thing I dislike so far is the narrow paths I have to traverse. It'd be great to wander off in this junkyard and play with my Force, but the game has me on a skinny strip of explorable area. Finally, the freaking menu loads for 10 seconds or so. What the hell is that? Next Gen, pah!

CoD-haven't played this yet. I'm not at home, so don't have internet on my PS3 atm. Surely it'll kick butt.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=Dudesoft link=topic=2773.msg52869#msg52869 date=1230552410
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Wow.. What a waste of money. Seriously what you have done so far in the game is all you do for the rest of the game, It's also pretty short.