BEST RM GAMES YOU'VE EVER PLAYED

post=95989
Since when should the engine used dictate what people should like?

I would say it is likely they haven't tried any in the first place, but maybe not.

Regardless of the point I was making, though, let's admit it - there is a strong bias that exists against and for both XP/VX games and 2k3 games.

post=95999
I do believe he was just pointing out a trend, not dictating peoples' tastes.

This.

post=96006
(Karsu, your plan worked!)

I've already gotten plenty of compliments elsewhere. I don't need affirmation in this topic if people don't like it. =)
post=95817
post=81127
what? germans aren't celts.
This has bothered me for a while.

'Bout time a page was made.

Surely, I'm not a celt. (;

Er... I played some XP and VX games. But least of them were English... Quintessence is one I've played in English. Others were Charon, Charon 2, Hybris, Hybris 2 (this is available in English too afaik). VX games? I cannot remember...
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=96015
Surely, I'm not a celt. (;
Depends one whether or not your ancestors lived there during the Bronze Age.
I haven't played too many I was highly impressed with, to be honest. Most of them just become to flawed to finish, or aren't long enough.
I did just beat Laxius Power I last night though, and agreeing with a few other, quantity over quality for sure made me want to finish it. And it was just so damned hard, how could I not accept the challenge?
The Way was awesome too, I got stuck early in ep.6 though and never finished. I'll probably replay them one day.
Oh, and btw, F Aveyond. What a poor excuse for a bloody game. Walk back and forth between two far away places just so the game feels long. STUPID!
post=96050
Oh, and btw, F Aveyond. What a poor excuse for a bloody game. Walk back and forth between two far away places just so the game feels long. STUPID!

This is why when people talk about how their games are super epic adventures spanning scores of hours long I interpret that as there will be lots of walking, fetch quests, grinding and other boring ass shit
post=95817
This has bothered me for a while.

pic

'Bout time a page was made.

... germans, as in germanic.

post=96016
Depends one whether or not your ancestors lived there during the Bronze Age.

and to what degree one's blood is fused with other people's.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
post=96058
post=96050
This is why when people talk about how their games are super epic adventures spanning scores of hours long I interpret that as there will be lots of walking, fetch quests, grinding and other boring ass shit

Yeah well, Aveyond series is the most successful RM commercial project ever, by a long shot. Really good marketing.
Harmonic
Yeah well, Aveyond series is the most successful RM commercial project ever, by a long shot. Really good marketing.

Good thing quality and quantity sold are mutually exclusive! (Twilight!
)
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
Ghosts of Aliens is probably my absolute favourite ever. And by favourite ever, I mean it's a game I know is actually good, not a game I liked when I was 13 or something. Yeah, I've been doing this RM thing for a while.
Hero's Realm is up there too, as is Generica. What can I say, I just love kentona's style.
Oh, and if anyone remembers it, Dark Dreams from over at GGZ was a great one for me, even though it was never finished.

Legend of the Philosopher's Stone gets a mention for its well-coded CBS and CMS and decent gameplay. But seriously, the story sucked.
1: Ascendence
2: The Longing Ribbon
3: Iron Gaia (the rm2k3 one)
4: Generica
5. Grave Spirit
6. Heroes Realm
7.Easy Mac 2
8.Enter the Cave (Not on site, DOWNLOAD IT!!!!)
9:The Blue Contestant
10:The Chaos Prophecy (Not on site, if you ever find a download, don't hesitate!

Though this isn't really a game... the fanfic movie Maranda (lysander i believe-he's great!)
post=96440
Though this isn't really a game... the fanfic movie Maranda (lysander i believe-he's great!)

That is by Brickroad actually!
Iron Gaia FTW!!!!!
That and Hero's Realm as well.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Top five:

5. RPGM2KBRPG!
4. Three the Hard Way
3. The Way
2. Legend of the Philosopher's Stone
1. A Blurred Line
Yo Lysander, I'm really happy for you. I'll let you finish, but iishenron made one of the greatest rpgmaker games of all time.
heh heh.

Also, seeing Generica and Hero's Welp in people's lists is very flattering (and when Generica is higher it is also a little disconcerting, especially when it took 10 days vs 10 millions days of dev time!).

I also noticed that Glue had updated his list.
Well now that's just how it works sometimes! Heh heh. The shorter projects sometimes end up bigger hits than the projects that took Months (or even years!) to complete. It's entirely possible. I'm going to say that I've discovered that doing a shorter project is much more fun (to both design and play through) for some odd reason.
I preferred Hero's Realm greatly over Generica (which, as implied, feels as a shortened-down version of HR) maybe because of the playing order (HR first) but more probable as it feels more complete and not-so rushed as Generica.

Probably, this would also be a good time to imply that Hero's Realm should be on the list of best my best RM-games, even with the, for me, so dreaded random encounters which are a part of the game and doesn't drag it down ONE BIT.

in short HR is awesome, generica is just... HR lite.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=98221
heh heh.

Also, seeing Generica and Hero's Welp in people's lists is very flattering (and when Generica is higher it is also a little disconcerting, especially when it took 10 days vs 10 millions days of dev time!).

I also noticed that Glue had updated his list.

kentona, this is an old post but I'm just going to say that people prefer short RM* games because 1) people never finish games and 2) people never finish games they haven't put money into.