SHOW ME YOUR SCREENSHOTS - FALL EDITION

Some of the trees are really fugly almost to the point where they look on top of each other and cut off.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Ah, some of them are. Still trying to figure out the auto-tiling on that actually. I'll try to get them fixed though.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
nickad, I really dig that. The ground does seem a bit odd being so flat, though.
Looks great, Ocean, I really dig the colors you use to achieve the tropical feel. Something about your screenshot makes me wish you were making a Startropics game =)

Another thing that lights my creative fire is the large university on the world map. Using such small sprites and great scaling makes the university seem epically huge.
@Ocean:
Fantastic old style, some tiles there look like Startropics 2 graphics, right? I really like that because everything fits together very well.

@nickad:
Nice colours, nice screen, but I gotta say that the pic doesn't impress me highly... anyway. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your self made style. Certainly I miss something there, maybe it's just to flat. How about a higher coloured sky? Like a just past sunset or anything.

--------------------------

Some of my stuff for an old styled game; self pixeled (why do I mention this everytime?). I tried to mix it with a 'modern' dither style, and I have to say that I like it myself. Err... it's an anecdote to the NES game Mighty Final Fight. =P

I am not quite the 'Big Believer' when it comes to adding additional content when a game has already been released more than 6 months ago, but after going to college and taking a class on punctuation and grammar correcting skills, I had to go back and fix all those nasty errors (190 / 202 textboxes were ****ed!!! *shit!* )!

As you can see above, the grammar has improved in SPADES! In only a short matter of weeks, I have improved beyond a level that even I could not have ever imagined; I know how to write correctly, and effectively, so hopefully those "Oh my gwds!!! The grammar in S4D's games are just plain HORRIBLE" will stop now (well, I still make the odd mistake, but who doesn't?).

---

Monopolo has been given a couple of new rule changes as well, since I thought it was a good idea to do so. Now now, I did not want to add TOO much considering that if I add anything too drastic --- I would have to do literally break the entire engine down to fix it; however, I did do a couple of notable things, so here we go:

Changes In The Economy - One of the things I probably did not like about the original Monopolo was that if you happened to be one of the unlucky 1 (or 2 in some cases) players that DID NOT get a matching set you were pretty much doomed to fail, right? Well...this will help you out --- in a way. Now, every couple of turns, the BAIL, INCOME TAX, and JACKPOT fees can now RISE or FALL. This rule was originally one I wanted to add back when I first thought about doing a Monopoly game, but for some reason I was rushed into pushing this out for April 2nd so that I did not let anyone down, well...it is in now! I love this rule! Because as fees go up and such, if the government (or justice system) kills someone, then everything that player had returns back to the bank; this is especially good if your a player that did not get a matching set; because now the properties go back into the bank since no real opposition killed her or him --- giving you a chance to snatch those returned deeds up, and get a upper hand!!!

And of course, I kept the JACKPOT & SUPER TAX rules (20% chance for SUPER TAXES, Ie: COLLECTED: Everything that you have on hand is taken away down to 0). ^^

But, I also added in 2 new special awards to bring the total up to 32, same with the OST.

- Refusalist - You will get this if you refuse other player's trades. You will not get this award that often unless your facing an annoying player that will not stop hounding you for a particular property (like my brother and friends).

- Changer Of Fate - You will get recommendations for this award when the economy changes; this also includes TIME LIMIT changes as well; with the new rules now in place, you will be seeing this one quite often actually.

Right now I am trying to think of some other things to add, but I doubt I will be adding anything more at the point; I think this is it until Monopoly 2: World Tour comes alongside in a couple of years.

The newly minted Monopolo will NOT BE RELEASED ON ANY RM SITE (Only friends, family and school-mates will be able to play this!).

As for Sugar & The Aquatic Adventures Of Scuba Steve : Sugar is currently going pretty smoothly, as I have been thinking of adding some hidden characters to the mix! A lot of them have been denied because the art style does not quite match with the nine default character's styles. Also, I was thinking of adding in cameo characters from my other projects like: Alicia Cromwell (JC Series; however, that game did never finish...making it kind of pointless to put her in this game at this point), Scuba Steve (A game in the works, but not quite finished yet...so I can not put him in here, which is too bad; because he was going to be the ONLY male character in an all-girls cast!), and Ms. Monopoly (copywright problems). Hmmm...

Anyway, that is it from me! I guess I will show you a movie clip of the new rules in action within a few days or so.

Also...I think WIP has given me a idea based on the whole "Game Achievement" thingy that he installed earlier the past few days. Hmmmm...

That is it my friends! Sorry I do not come around often as much anymore; I am just so busy with school, work, and life in general. I am trying to make my games whenever I have a spare moment, but it is not easy; however, I would not trade it for the entire world! I love school; I have enjoyed every second of it thus far, and the proof is in the games.

---

@ Everyone Else: Lol, nice screenshots! Keep it up!!! ^^

post=101526
The newly minted Monopolo will NOT BE RELEASED ON ANY RM SITE (Only friends, family and school-mates will be able to play this!).

What? Why are you telling us all the new features then? Actually, why are you telling us anything about it at all?
Why are you making a huge blog post in a screenshot topic (AGAIN)?
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Looks great, Ocean, I really dig the colors you use to achieve the tropical feel. Something about your screenshot makes me wish you were making a Startropics game =)

Another thing that lights my creative fire is the large university on the world map. Using such small sprites and great scaling makes the university seem epically huge.
Yes, that epically hugeness is why I didn't feel like mapping it all out, and instead using an overworld to represent it. It's the Ocean laaaazy way (Also made for a good excuse to try out some overworld graphics, I rarely get to do those). I never played Star tropics before. Out of curiosity, I went on youtube and looked it up, at least a boss rush thing. Kinda odd, but my game is also an action RPG of sorts so there's some similarities there.

@Ocean:
Fantastic old style, some tiles there look like Startropics 2 graphics, right? I really like that because everything fits together very well.
Never referenced Star tropics. I think I see why, what with the palm trees on the overworld. But yes, thank for the comment!

I've since fixed up the trees, though I'm not gonna post another screen as it's still the same area.

Oh, but you could have a silly screen.
What? Why are you telling us all the new features then? Actually, why are you telling us anything about it at all?

It is a bit complicated actually. You see, I am still bitter about what has happened in the past few years with my relationship with this place and its staff members; Monopolo was pretty much still treated like trash (and it is still being treated like that today)! I still think I will win "Worst game of the year for 2009," I can just see it coming --- this place is so stupid. So, I thought I would come around whenever I had a chance and show everything that I made that could of been. Yeah it pisses a lot of people off, but a lot of individuals brought this upon themselves; for everybody else that followed the game and loved it...I have no beef with them, but for other personal reasons I can not release the games to these people.

Eventually when I get around to Chris Berman's: NFL Primetime, or Dale Ayres: Customer Service Desk, I will probably stop torturing these places, until that day...suffer! Er, in a good way of course! A friendly Canadian way!

-> Probably another reason is that I have no more energy left in me to make more threads or what-so-ever. I guess I just want to keep things nice and simple due to school work and such.

post=101528
Why are you making a huge blog post in a screenshot topic (AGAIN)?

Because no other topic (or forum for that matter) will accept me around anymore, and I really do not want to cause anymore trouble, so I am posting my only posts in here. I do not think it is such a big deal anyways, if your offended by it then just simply ignore me and go on your merry way. I can see that Ocean demonstrated that brilliantly! (But then again, I love Ocean --- in a non-sexual sort of way!)

I will always continue to learn in the arts of game making, but times have changed; I do not think the forums are such a great (or even safe) place to begin with, heck, even sites have made things to complicated; for the first time in my life I actually got 8 hours of game making work done in one day! That is impressive.

Like I said, I will always come around once and awhile to check up on the latest news and hottest releases, but unfortunately I will never see my name grace the front page ever again. It is something that I have accepted and agreed on; besides, I have already got my misao, my review, and my mentionables. Why stick around for more?

Now, it is 3:36 A.M. at this current time. I am tired; I need to go to sleep. No school tomorrow (oh thank you jebus!), but I still need to go to work (ah, crap).

Night!

@ Ocean (Is) Dreamy: Typical Ocean style displayed in that screenshot (that is for sure!). But this map is missing a few components in my opinion; things like some chalk (place at the bottom of the board), some writing on the board (be cleaver! Maybe something Paradise Blue related?), or some paintings? A window in that corner wall with some shining light would be a nice touch too! Anyways, I like what you have there already. Your stuff has that certain style that I like about it! Keep going!
post=101538
will someone ban s4d already?

Yeah this is kind of getting ridiculously dumb. If hes going to act like a whiny bitch then yes, ban his ass.

Plus I honestly think showing off content with the intent of never releasing it ever is so horribly dumb and should be a ban worthy offense.
s4d: So your entire existence is fueled by spite, now? The only person I know of that's that lame is shaboba. Grow up kiddo.

Also, final warning: KNOCK IT OFF or their WILL be consequences. This is a screenshot topic, not a games blog. USE IT FOR ITS INTENDED USE.
I don't really mind the epic blogs, but you should probably stop saying how you're never gonna release your games here in every post. It makes me sad in more ways than you probably think. :'(

A fallen donuts is a terrible thing to behold..
I like how he posted the EXACT SAME POST at GW. What a worthless person S4D is. Anyways, let's stop talking about him. Then he'll go away.

@Ocean: Don't ruin amazing custom graphics with the humour of children!
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=101538
will someone ban s4d already?