SHOW ME YOUR SCREENSHOTS - FALL EDITION

Guys, guys. It's just a really thin house!
@Kentona: I like the text on the first one, but I like the wide-screen format of the second one, it really frames the image nicely. Something incorporating both? Title screen text doesn't have to be particularly readable, since ideally you'll already know what game you're playing.

@MOG: I really like that screen. You have to be careful about using poses with weapons, though. On one hand, it looks cool, but on the other hand that means that NO ONE ELSE IS ARMED. You see the dilemma? It might be nitpicking, though. I like how they're all facing the wall. It really ups the ante on the tension level of the whole thing.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=97537
I have literally never been astounded by how nice an RM screen looked before. Like that looks better than a SNES game. So you make your decision. :)

Also I believe he's saying that it's very very overused. I personally think it's how well it's used, not how much it's used. I also think people exaggerate this, and don't understand that it's hard to make custom graphics that look nice and work well, AND finish a game doing that.

The best use of Rudra is in Rudra itself. Beautiful game and much more fast-paced than rm2k3 battles.
post=100120
I'm reposting this since I got LIKE NO FEEDBACK AT ALL

post=100024
The Third Day

The most infamous clash of the Eastern Alliance and the rebel Ragnarok Organization. Last year, in the spring of 1863, Ragnarok staged a series of attacks on Alliance excavation sites near the the Gradian Kingdom's eastern border. The Alliance pinpointed the origin of the attacks as being near the town of Balgan. However, unable to locate an actual staging base, Alliance officials rounded up 50 townspeople in Balgan. Half of those townspeople were imprisoned, and the other half were publicly executed via firing squad. The official Alliance story is that all of these people were either Ragnarok sympathizers or directly implicated in the bombings.

However, according to Ragnarok dissidents and some citizens, while Balgan has been linked to being correspondent to Ragnarok, the townspeople themselves were actually randomly selected and imprisoned/executed as an example to not only Ragnarok and their sympathizers, but to the entire world, as to how serious they were about terminating the rebellious elements. Since then, the world over has called this event The Third Day, considering the event culminated on the third day of the attacks and the ensuing investigation.

I think the lack of feedback might be due not to the actual quality of the screenshot (which is pretty cool), but rather to the huge (at least by the standards of a thread dedicated mostly to eyecandy) tl;dr block of text that accompanies it, and which most people would assume should be read to properly understand what's going on in the screenshot before posting any uninformed comments.

Doble Filo's world map. The five countries are called Estora, Nortora, Westora, Soutora and Centora. Hooray for creative naming! I bet you can't tell which is which.
Centora is the one on the right, right?

(this map looks wicked cool)
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I've always wondered where floating continents get their water from - wouldn't all of the water have run off by then?
post=100171
Centora is the one on the right, right?

Wrong! You have four attempts left.

post=100191
I've always wondered where floating continents get their water from - wouldn't all of the water have run off by then?

I can think of a number of explanations, but all of them would probably sound half-assed and contrived, so let's just say that a wizard* did it.

* Feel free to replace wizard with god, sufficiently advanced alien, or any other conveniently uber-powerful entity.
post=100024

could all the environments look this sharp please (especially the train / tartaros damn bro)
I really like the look of the town/cities, but I think the blue pillar thing in the middle looks odd.
Craze
post=100191

It's fantasy
New Page...

...Good time to announce that today is...

The picture says it all.

Happy Half Of Year Anniversary Monopolo!!!

Oh, just so I do not leave without posting a screenshot.

This is the most amount of money that I have seen someone collect on hand in one game.

The new rule changes are also done & finished. Version 1.8 is complete! (Perfect timing, we are having a party tonight!)

Sugar is going great! I hope to finish that before the year's end. The Aquatic Adventures Of Scuba Steve is on hiatus because of the school. One game is fine for now.

Huh? You guys ain't getting anymore games from me! You blew your chance! Now, all I do is haunt you guys with screenshots of amazingness! Too bad.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=100505
Huh? You guys ain't getting anymore games from me! You blew your chance! Now, all I do is haunt you guys with screenshots of amazingness! Too bad.

Too bad your ego's so damn huge.
Nice photoshop grass in the screenshot.
Craze
...this is what blogs are for.
Brent.

Post those in your blog.

This is not the place for that.
post=100191

Pfft. Rain, obviously :P

I worry that the top one is too crowded but I wonder whether the bottom one looks weird (it uses vertically squashed versions of the top's original 48x32s). Any thoughts?

P.S. The other display details, like how to show a zone or path, are generally still placeholders, though if anyone has a better idea on how to show HP on the field I'd welcome it (right now it's the white circle).

Edit: fixed link.
post=100547
Pfft. Rain, obviously :P

where would the rain come from
DF: I say a resounding no on the squished sprites (kills the whole perspective). Stick to full size.

With some sprite editing and scripting magic, you could make the cells (or tiles, however you want to refer to them) a 2x2 (64 pixel) area instead of one 32 pixel area. My opinion is that would be more trouble than it's worth; the busy look of the first image doesn't bother me so much, but it will appear more justified with more impassable terrain (or height-adjusted terrain if you are scripted to use that).

White circle is a neat idea, but doesn't function as well as a classic bar above the characters' heads would. I don't think it would get in the way as much as you might believe, especially if you make it toggled with a quick button press.
@DF
Stick with the first option. The second one make your characters look really bad as if they're stomped to the ground. It doesn't look too crowded to me and if it doesn't happen too often in the game I'll say it isn't really a problem :)
------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, here's the video!

It isn't that exciting, mostly because I cannot control 4 characters at the same time and I haven't implemented an AI yet. Just testing the new bullet size, new resolution ( 960 x 600 as oppose to the old 800 x 600 one ), and some particle effect ( dash and barrier. ) The game support analog stick controller and if you use that you can move in all 360 degree instead of 8 direction :D