SHOW ME YOUR SCREENSHOTS - FALL EDITION

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=100765
The game support analog stick controller and if you use that you can move in all 360 degree instead of 8 direction :D

Hooray! I have a little logitech usb knockoff PS2 controller that would fit this quite nicely...

Furthermore, that looks like it's going to be incredibly fun. Is there gameplay outside of the awesome battles you've demonstrated, or is this more of a top-down mugen thing?
muse progress:

Lighting will be added. The text will flicker and the blue background will be transparent once I'm done. (Once I get a mouse.) It's supposed to be a holographic billboard type thing.

time to wait for YDS to do maps again....
that's an awesome battle system you got going on there hima

I'm impressed
tardis
Azn?
I love you.
post=100765
@DF
Stick with the first option. The second one make your characters look really bad as if they're stomped to the ground. It doesn't look too crowded to me and if it doesn't happen too often in the game I'll say it isn't really a problem :)
------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, here's the video!

It isn't that exciting, mostly because I cannot control 4 characters at the same time and I haven't implemented an AI yet. Just testing the new bullet size, new resolution ( 960 x 600 as oppose to the old 800 x 600 one ), and some particle effect ( dash and barrier. ) The game support analog stick controller and if you use that you can move in all 360 degree instead of 8 direction :D

I thought you were farther along on this project? What happened?
Thanks for all the comments! Really appreciate it :)

@tardis
Great to hear that! I'm sure the game will be much more fun with that controller. Well, it's pretty much 4-player-top-down-mugen but special move allow you to become a bullet hell shmup boss that can control your pattern :D Also, I'll try to make each character different in their playstyle so that'll require players to use different strategy for each character. There are some status condition like poison or confuse in rpg too. The project page is still in pending so once it's up you can read more info there :)

@Nightblade

The GM version didn't work as well as I expect it to be. This is mainly because it cannot support 4 controllers without the help of joy2key, and it lags when there are many stuffs going on :( I'm also tired of GM interface & poor code editor so think that it might be better if I just start everything over in C++.
post=100827
Azn?
I love you.

Here you go:

all done in charsettts.
tardis
post=100843
post=100827
Azn?
I love you.
Here you go:

all done in charsettts.

I promise you my first child.
Furthermore, I feel that Selim's spontaneous outburst following the obligatory expositional phrase lends a whimsical, albeit slightly melancholic air to the scene. Its thematic over and undertones express more fully the life of a truly troubled individual.
I need to stop drinking tea. Wot.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Why are YDS's minimalistic responses always so perfect?

And finish Muse faster plzkthx. It's not everyday I want to play a RM game.

A mock-up of something I have planned for Halloween (if I can meet deadlines and can actually be bothered). Everything is custom graphics (though, I haven't actually pixelled in a while!).
Also, too bad the site-skin makes everything hardly visible :(.
tardis
I can actually see that all quite well, but my monitor has a history of being a bit brighter than most other folks here.
It looks awesome. The two trees on the right look a tiny bit wonky up near the top- you might add some minor additional shading to clarify where a few branches are coming from, so they don't look quite so fat at the top.
post=101197
I can actually see that all quite well, but my monitor has a history of being a bit brighter than most other folks here.
It looks awesome. The two trees on the right look a tiny bit wonky up near the top- you might add some minor additional shading to clarify where a few branches are coming from, so they don't look quite so fat at the top.
Thank you :).
Actually, there is some slight shading to indicate where the branches are coming from (though, there is only little shading to begin with!).
Here is a magnified version:

Also, the character sprite is a woman (just in case you can't tell!).
tardis
Another case of looks better in game. Everything looks great blown up.
post=101208
Another case of looks better in game. Everything looks great blown up.

It hasn't been implemented into a game yet. Though, that is roughly what it will look like in-game (resolution-wise).
Also, the pumpkin glows and the bush animates! It laughs at you. LAUGHS AT YOU.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Looks good to me. Little details like that
Also, the pumpkin glows and the bush animates! It laughs at you. LAUGHS AT YOU.
I appreciate.

I'm not really good at overworlds, don't have much experience either pixelling one or mapping one. Any feedback you have? This is it for the overworld, it's a self contained university.
tardis
It looks great, Ocean. My only concern would be- is there enough 'stuff' scattered around? Little areas, maybe pointless, for the player to explore hidden in the nooks and crannies of the overworld? All this naturally depends on what you're going for/how long this game is going to be.
From a purely graphical point of view, though, I love it.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Thank you! Well, I didn't want it to be a very long game as it's mostly a short side project. But yeah, there are like 2 areas there so far that aren't plot relevant.