SHOW ME YOUR SCREENSHOTS - FALL EDITION

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
I am decidedly a sucker for the town screens- they look fantastic, and they're really an excellent example of how to use those chipsets right.

EDIT: how the hell do I always get the new page? D:
Happy
Devil's in the details
Here's a little beetle minigame you can play in some of the cities. There's a big variety of beetles you can bet on, changing from time to time. I might add more stuff to the streets still, like people walking by, etc.

teehee! That's awesome Rei-
post=97495
Admittedly, this is an older one, but I figure I may as well throw it out there.

SINCE NOBODY RESPONDED LAST TIME
You're always finding new ways to impress me Rei. I love how you kicked the merchant that was dogging you. And the animations for your beetle battle were phenomenal.
@Feld: Maybe it's because people have already seen and given their thoughts last time? :V

Though I don't believe I ever said anything about it, sooooo...The harsh outlines of the FF6 character style really looks like it clashes with the rudra tiles. Isn't there some FF6 tileset equivalent of that type of area that you can use to make it match more?
Really? I don't think they clash at all myself, I think it helps the chars stand out. Which is never a bad thing.
post=98095
@Feld: Maybe it's because people have already seen and given their thoughts last time? :V

I DON'T REMEMBER THIS

Besides, there are a lot of new people.

post=98095
Though I don't believe I ever said anything about it, sooooo...The harsh outlines of the FF6 character style really looks like it clashes with the rudra tiles. Isn't there some FF6 tileset equivalent of that type of area that you can use to make it match more?

Eh...I have to say I disagree a bit.
My game finally has a screenshot to show for itself

:3
You're one of the best VX mappers :)
Rei: I love it. The town seems so alive and interesting. It really makes me wanna play your game.
post=98107
My game finally has a screenshot to show for itself

:3

Wow, i hate the VX style... But i really like this. Nice work, Yoshio!
Hate to rain on the praise but uh, what is so impressive? (besides it being in jpeg ):<)
I don't think anyone will be able to see in that hall with those candles set up the way they are. :(
post=98131
Hate to rain on the praise but uh, what is so impressive? (besides it being in jpeg ):<)

lol
Not too sure, I just really like it.
Feld, I like the look of the screenshot itself, but did your artifact have to be something so reminiscent of a Zohar, in something that looks so similar to the first scene in Xenosaga? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think it's derivative or anything, but it does leave one with a strong aftertaste of Monolith, and that could be easily avoided just by changing the shape of whatever it is they're pulling up.
I have to respectfully disagree, as I am a Xeno FREAK and I can't really see too much of a resemblance. Partly because not only is the Zohar golden with elaborate designs all over it, but it's freaking gigantic. In both Xenogears and Xenosaga, the Zohar was about the size of a medium sized building.

I mean, it sounds like I'm lampshading my own story here, but monolithic sized and shaped relics from yesterday (even the word 'monolith') isn't a new concept in video games, movies, or books.
Such praise! It really inspires me to make even better maps later on in the game

post=98135
I don't think anyone will be able to see in that hall with those candles set up the way they are. :(

yes they are completely impractical, but at least they look nice :P

Long time no see, everyone!
Anybody remember Magus Magus?
Well, I've decided to remake the game completely and turn it into somewhat 2.5d ( 3d bg with 2d sprite ) Still new to 3D so it might take me a while to get use to it @_@

The character sprites will be pre-rendered 3d , so that it's easier to animate XD

That's hot hima.

Absofuckinglutely awesome.