KINDA SERIOUS TOPIC; HOW WELL DO YOU GUYS/GALS GET ALONG WITH YOUR DADS?

Pages: first prev 1234 last
post=105054
kentona that's not football this is football
Maybe you should look at the map there:

Remember where I live.

EDIT:
And HELLO!

remember where i live you crazy

thx for strengthening our foothold with that map though ;)
post=105041
I agree with Ciel. While the effects of bad human relationships are mostly subconscious, it is still a stupid thing to get hung up on, and I find it immensely childish when people don't take personal responsibility for their issues. You might say 'well it's not like they can help it', but if I can grow past 99% of it then so can anyone.

My relationship with my mom was distant too (though she didn't abandon the family, and in fact worked very hard to support us), and I only recently became able to speak frankly to her, but I turned out better than most if I do say so myself.

I dwelled on the situation a lot when I was a kid, and I was a bit awkward until partway through HS, but eventually I just said to myself 'I can't let some dirtbag influence who I am' and forced myself to deal with all the little hang-ups, from trust-in-relationship issues to low self-confidence, in any way I could. It took work, but I got over all those humps.

Then again, the very fact that I don't really trust people older than me now, and my general don't-need-anyone-I-can-do-this-myself attitude, might be the remnants of all that, after all ^^

i also might be an utter psychopath; this bears more research

Well see there is a difference between 'my mom/dad is absent/a deadbeat so I'm gonna feel sorry for myself too!' and 'my mom/dad is absent/a deadbeat so this might have a negative impact on my development/personality but I'll be damned if I don't try to fix it'.
That map. I was going wtf for Finland there for a moment but then I found at the dark red didn't mean that American Football was biggest it meant that Football was big (50 players/1000people) but not biggest.
post=105149
post=105041
I agree with Ciel. While the effects of bad human relationships are mostly subconscious, it is still a stupid thing to get hung up on, and I find it immensely childish when people don't take personal responsibility for their issues. You might say 'well it's not like they can help it', but if I can grow past 99% of it then so can anyone.

My relationship with my mom was distant too (though she didn't abandon the family, and in fact worked very hard to support us), and I only recently became able to speak frankly to her, but I turned out better than most if I do say so myself.

I dwelled on the situation a lot when I was a kid, and I was a bit awkward until partway through HS, but eventually I just said to myself 'I can't let some dirtbag influence who I am' and forced myself to deal with all the little hang-ups, from trust-in-relationship issues to low self-confidence, in any way I could. It took work, but I got over all those humps.

Then again, the very fact that I don't really trust people older than me now, and my general don't-need-anyone-I-can-do-this-myself attitude, might be the remnants of all that, after all ^^

i also might be an utter psychopath; this bears more research
Well see there is a difference between 'my mom/dad is absent/a deadbeat so I'm gonna feel sorry for myself too!' and 'my mom/dad is absent/a deadbeat so this might have a negative impact on my development/personality but I'll be damned if I don't try to fix it'.

Yes, and most people with deadbeat parents I know fall into the former rather than the latter
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I'm very close with my dad. I am not fond of my mother.
post=104613
Compared to some other people's, my relationship with my dad is pretty good, but there's definitely a lack of communication. He always watches TV, I'm always at the computer. Even though we're only one door apart there are some days on which I don't see him at all. All it would take to improve our relationship is a little effort from both of us, but I'm always stressed out from school when he's feeling talkative, and he's always watching soccer when I'm feeling talkative.

It's kind of depressing because while I do know him as a father, a very funny and laid back one, I'd like to get to know him as a person too.

Do we... Do we have the same dad?
I get along great with my dad. We don't talk much, but there's definitely a mutual love there.

My mom, however, gets on my damn nerves. I have got to move out.
My dad is a greedy, reclusive mad scientist who also happens to be an audiophile and likes sailing. I like him :).

arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
What yeaster said about sums it up.

post=104753
post=104726
Jeez, are everyone's parents divorced?
Not mine they're Asian

I have an asian friend and his parents are divorced :o
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=105343
My dad is a greedy, reclusive mad scientist

I love my dad. I think that my family is very blessed because we're all still together. My parents have been married 26 years and I severely doubt that they'll ever separate. But my dad is lots of fun to be around. He works a lot so I don't see him most of the day, but the enjoyment level in our house just shoots up whenever he enters.
I don't get well along with my dad that much, he's strict and yeah...
Add my dad to the divorced list plz :)
Although i suppose he's not strictly divorced seeing as they were never married...

I get on really well with my dad, i really love him. He's quite an individual(lonng grey beard, wacky clothes, thinks differently to anyone ive ever met..) but i love that about him. A lot of people assume i'd be embarrassed walking around with him, but i'm really not, im proud to have him as my dad.
Even though i dont live with him, and he doesnt own a car, he'll go out of his way to see us everyday, because hes so selfless like that :)
He's very kind, cares for others more than himself, and (okay maybe im bigging him up a bit now) yeah, so, he's basically superman.

I'm sorry about everyone who has an unfortunate relationship with their parents, i know a lot of people do...
I don't mean to rub anything in(genuinely).
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
lonng grey beard, wacky clothes

he's basically superman.

wait what?bearded superman = best idea ever
Pages: first prev 1234 last