SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

post=113187
I usually don't submit screenshots because sweet graphix aren't my strong suit, but I finished this tactics scenario, so I thought I'd show a piece.

This scenario's objective is different from the first. Instead of reaching a location, the player has to defend those 3 pillars from 3 different enemy spawn points. In a volcano.

That kind of reminds me of Saga Frontier 2's tactical battle system, only not terrible and meaningless.
post=113187
@Wolf: What is that screen from? The 2D on 3D looks interesting.

It's from the Game Chill contest, I'm actually going to do a WeaponBirth game. My very first custom game (years ago one spring break week) was much like this only the controls were ass. And it starred Bomberman and Inuyasha as playable characters you could choose from, only I drew them myself as 16x16 sprites. I actually tried to hack up the default scripts that came with 3DGameStudio to make some weird Bomberman RPG, but came up with an action game instead. That was long before I found RPG Maker.

Yes, it reeked pleasantly of "lolz it's my first game" ^.^

oh yeah, and I actually called it Demo Level
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I really don't like showing off the same stuff again and again... but...

They move... they fight... they have generic anime music... fight on!!! Progress... that's all I can really much say... progress.
post=113325
I really don't like showing off the same stuff again and again... but...

Hey if it's good enough for the video game companies it's good enough for anyone~
YDS: That is so awesome. I love all the little details you've put in!
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games

Spacing issues abound, but I don't think I can be bothered to fix them right this second.
YDS: Where is that train from? It is fantastic, along with the rest of the screen. I think that screen put me more in the mood for christmas then anything else I've seen lately.

Chaos: I really like those face sets. Menu looks... well, like a menu. Solid though.
YDS
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/5203/ For this game. It's a REFMAP train.
post=113323
if i only can post a picture of the erection i am sporting right now. several pertinent questions though. why is the tender so far from the engine? why is the tender so small? why is the funnel in the middle of the boiler (this is an important one as it means you will not maintain steam pressure and subsequently piston motion)? why is the funnel on the steam dome?
i must point out that i am a steam rail enthusiast and you should not take my reaction as the norm
YDS: Now THAT is awesome. I love the feeling that I get from that scene. It's great. Also, I'm a fan of that chipset and characterset style. I've seen it (refering to the characters now) in a few places... but I forget in which games. They weren't really present in any "save the world" stories/games I've seen, though.=O

Now... some more NES shots. Greatness.
They look like DF II? Good. Enjoy anyway.

It's the first town from Dragon Fantasy Ventiaura II!
we are flooding the market ephiam.
YDS
It's REFMAP style.

Vorstellung cutscene!

i have no idea why it is so geodude, but remember, this is a MAGIC TRAIN.
The only problem I see with that screen, Ephiam, is the cliff heights vs. waterfalls. Otherwise, great work!
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Game Chill progress....

Happy
Devil's in the details
I smell tough competition.
post=113464
i have no idea why it is so geodude, but remember, this is a MAGIC TRAIN.

fix it.

give me the chipset and i will fix it
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
WolfCoder, those 3-D maps make me want to go back to the Tomb Raider Level Editor so badly. Looks really interesting!

You'll need to be careful how you indicate elevation with that all-white snowy floor texture, though.