SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
So basically, sometimes characters can make make more than one action in a round then, I see! I can't help but think the battle dragged a bit, I was reminded of the original battles in V&V where you are chipping away at a stone wall, but this is a very early version so I'm sure you'll tweak it thousands of times.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Yeah, it's not the real game, just a battle demo! Also, the battle speed will change depending on how you build your characters. Elesca, for example, by that time can have an anti-undead spell.

:3

I'm just tuning up my engine to work on a grid system with battle encounters that are active. The textures came with the engine and that's the VX RTP kawaii kitty character I'm using as a test subject.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Everything is too dark
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=116499
Everything is too dark

No it isn't. Recalibrate your monitor.
arcan
Clearly yours is too bright :o
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
:3

I'm just tuning up my engine to work on a grid system with battle encounters that are active. The textures came with the engine and that's the VX RTP kawaii kitty character I'm using as a test subject.

That screenshot reminds me a lot about all the PSX jRPGs I've played, with 2D sprites drawn in primitive 3D worlds (by today's standards). Very nice! ;D
WolfCoder's image

What's that coded in?
I like it, WolfCoder. Sets my imagination ablaze with the possibilities. Look forward to seeing more.

As much as I tend to agree that all of Tardis's scenes are WAY too dark, I agree with him on this one. I don't think WolfCoder's screen is too dark. It seems well-contrasted. Things might be different when using a light skybox though.
What's that coded in?

C-Script and C/C++. This time around it's much more C/C++ since I'm writing a much stronger version of the previous engine.

And it looks so dark because you're used to seeing fullbright 2D maps all the time. You're looking at a scene that's actually ray lit. It's lit with a global light with the following properties:

I kind of like this one. It's slightly less white (192 192 192).
I don't actually have bloom at all on. I don't even have the shader that does that.

And I'm an HDR kind of person.
needs more lara croft (and a more fitting sprite)
post=116503
Clearly yours is too bright :o

EVERYBODY BUT ME IS WRONG
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
post=116531
(and a more fitting sprite)

But chibi catgirls are cute. =|
arcan
Well everybody is doing it so I wanted to try.

arcan, that is a sexy house. I like the name at the top as well.
@arcan: I understand that everyone is going for the simple style these days (with good reason, I love it) but why not add a bit of texturing to the various objects and make a really nice chip?

edit: a really nice chip that isn't quite so simple?
arcan
I like to try different styles every once in a while. Anyway, what would you suggest then?
Just add the necessary textures to the major objects; wood textures to wood, maybe some sort of simple wallpaper, that's all it takes. The shapes and colours are already good.