WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
hastily preparing something for release and dealing with all kinds of last minute technical complications that have nothing to do with my actual game and everything to do with RMVX and/or Windows 7 functionality.
Eventing monster encounters. Not the most exciting thing to do with my time but at least it is fairly simple.
Working on how to learn skills in this old game.
The continent of Atlantis... or rather the cities beneath it.

Hey mr. DJ, put my record on, I wanna dance with my baby...
Working on interaction system :3
This is looking fun!
Max McGee
still releasing a game...it is a process
ugh, I am doing this dungeon that has a million switches and is a pain to event.

I am going to thank every god ever concieved if everything works right on the first attempt (or even the third)

Hopefully it will be worth it.

Rewriting outlines, conjuring up brand new scripts, redoing character designs, current project is receiving a massive overhaul in terms of story. Does anyone experience the pain of cutting cool things out for the sake of making the story as a whole to fit together? I know I'm feeling that once in awhile.
post=124735
Does anyone experience the pain of cutting cool things out for the sake of making the story as a whole to fit together? I know I'm feeling that once in awhile.

I've been cutting out cool things (to save time) with pretty much the opposite result. Aka, the story makes less sense. It's gotten to the point where one character pretty much falls off the story radar and practically turns into one of those generic "Hey, you're saving the world, let me help!" PC dudes. And I know I'm gonna get crap for it :(.

If there's one thing I learned from all this, it's not to make characters you can't write for!
Right now I am putting the finishing touches on a short, actually playable, demo that will replace the freaking cutscene I have up there now. Just gotta event a boss encounter and I'm done.

Oh, and I have to playtest the entire thing.

edit: GRRRARH SO MANY BUGS AND EVENT LAAAAAAAG!!! Guess I got some more work to do :)
Max McGee
post=124735
Rewriting outlines, conjuring up brand new scripts, redoing character designs, current project is receiving a massive overhaul in terms of story. Does anyone experience the pain of cutting cool things out for the sake of making the story as a whole to fit together? I know I'm feeling that once in awhile.

Kill. Your. Darlings.
Trying to create a new art style for a specific game.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Messing around with a few Cosplay Crisis scripts and cutscenes and trying to think of how I should go about doing the graphics for another project.
Finally working on mapping Lyonell Manor in FE, and working on some cutscenes that occur right after the end of the previous demo. Also, finishing up the train station's NPC dialogue.
was able to end the lag (at least on my computer) by splitting a rather large and event infested map I had into 3 smaller maps

the illusion that it is all one big map is pretty strong, now on to a giant cutscene with lots of moving parts (sigh)
post=124702
still releasing a game...it is a process

i think 'download link' is part of that process
Max McGee
Learning AGS for a little sideproject.