WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
So, you can use polymorph a level 2 Zombie into a level 6 Banshee with Shout (phys, ignore defense). :\

I think I need to fill that gap with another Vile.
Some sprites for my software engineering project (to be made using C# XNA), Metal Slug with moar zombies.

Getting stuff for a "Journey on the Windows" game (RM2K3 virtual museum of different Windows OS'es, with some OS-Tans included)
EDIT: to be included as our interactive content for our software evolution class.

Sprite work on Task Force Frantix and NetGame Saga are just slow today...
I was banned and wasn't supposed to be posting!
I found my old complete game and currently fixing it :3
I'm actually back to working on my game. Almost finished mapping the latest dungeon-esque area and will need to start eventing it. I also found some new music tracks and replaced some ones that were too large or ones were I found somthing better for. I am constantly screwing with the music. (I actually went and downloaded audacity just to cut out the voice acting that was at the start of a game BGM I really liked.) I'm also getting better at seeking out custom tracks instead of taking from games that I keep my fingers crossed are more original than using FF7. I find I am ok at avoiding flak if I don't use songs from RPGs. (again I'm amazed more people aren't recognizing all the DKC2 songs I've used.)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=122671
Working on some important NPCs in Arian Wild.

Updated with lingerie and corrected ethnicity (I had forgotten than she was a Falanese slave). Woo!

Before you say ALL SLAVES ARE BLACK YOU ARE SUCH BAD PEOPLE KRAZUMANE, one of the PCs is a Tartolian (thus medium-dark skin) and the main character (a prince) is a Falanese/Ignacian mulatto. =P
Slaves are whatever ethnic group got shafted the hardest in your particular game world's history.
Easiest to make them black since most PC's tend to be white (never heard a good reason for this in JRPG's) and everybody can tell what's going on at a glance.
post=123314
Slaves are whatever ethnic group got shafted the hardest in your particular game world's history.
Easiest to make them black since most PC's tend to be white (never heard a good reason for this in JRPG's) and everybody can tell what's going on at a glance.

The amount of douchebaggery present in this post is incredible.
post=123314
wat
post=123309
Before you say ALL SLAVES ARE BLACK YOU ARE SUCH BAD PEOPLE KRAZUMANE, one of the PCs is a Tartolian (thus medium-dark skin) and the main character (a prince) is a Falanese/Ignacian mulatto. =P

Is that available both with and without a shot of espresso?

Edit: Also, what Billy said resounds a little more than personal cynicism. People are going to draw their own conclusions regardless of Craze's explanations.
Hey I'll be the first to admit I'm a cynic and from time to time a bit of a troll.
Ok I'd better stop and explain myself before I go for lunch.

A couple of thoughts here. Race in a game is always going to be a touchy issue. A game creator would be wise to avoid the whole thing altogether but wisdom and internet at rarely involved in the same time.

Successful slave systems can only work if it is extremely difficult for slaves to escape and the slavery has the direct support or at least willing ignorance of the state or ruler. The best sources of slaves sadly are foreigners of a different ethnic group that can be easily identified from the public at large and have no easy route of escape.

The best known (hell the only widely known example) of this were the African slaves brought to the new world.
Cliches are useful to game makers as it can save a lot of effort in explaining story and background. of course cliches are also lazy and laziness is a bad thing.

The sole game I have part of a download up for (Calesian Dreams) deals at least indirectly with slavery and I had an earlier game were the plot had the party leading a slave revolt (started more or less by accident) so you'd better believe that I've put at least some thought into the issue.
I, too, have considered the inclusion of a particularly sensitive issue in my project, and ultimately decided that it was not necessary enough to warrant the chance of offending people.

I can see where Craze and Karsuman are going with the idea, and that's fine. However, I also think it's not enough to convince yourself or have a simple explanation as to why an issue like slavery is plot-relevant. I think the issue also needs to be considered with great care throughout the development process. For example, it's creatively ok to use the concept of slavery to establish cultural tolerances, but it is NOT ok to then perceive that same culture as having a positive impact on the world at large or being supportive to the protagonist(s) and their goals.

Modern society understands that slavery is evil, and while it's perfectly acceptable to make the point, "Hey, this evil empire obviously doesn't think the same way," you still have an obligation to draw attention to its atrocities. Shifts in cultural world powers that are perceived as being a good thing in the game's story (such as the collapse of the evil empire at the end) should imply that the quality of life is far improved for those unfortunate individuals. Conversely, actions taken by the game's protagonist and the culture they represent could work against humanitarianism in general, but only as long as the protagonist is intended to be perceived as evil.

This is all, of course, if the game creator wishes to appear normal and culturally sensitive, instead of just being a whack job.
I just finished a mega overhaul of some of my engine's low-level code. I have never been happier to compile a project and see the exact same screen at startup that I saw 3 weeks ago.
Been getting annoyed at stats in my RM2K3 RPG, trying to get a nice, high damage to keep the balance between Magic and Physical attacks is starting to be a pain, especially seeing as the best Holy spell is hitting roughly 6 times the damage of the strongest character's attacks. I think I'm going to have to double the attack of his weapons or something...
post=123394
Been getting annoyed at stats in my RM2K3 RPG, trying to get a nice, high damage to keep the balance between Magic and Physical attacks is starting to be a pain, especially seeing as the best Holy spell is hitting roughly 6 times the damage of the strongest character's attacks. I think I'm going to have to double the attack of his weapons or something...

Or you could make the holy spell user weaker...
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=123361
I just finished a mega overhaul of some of my engine's low-level code. I have never been happier to compile a project and see the exact same screen at startup that I saw 3 weeks ago.

While I've never had to do this/don't know enough about code to do this, I know how it feels on a smaller scale. gg, uh (damn you and your inability to take on a nickname).

As for me, I'm mapping an aqueduct dungeon for Arian Wild. So, basically, soldier-infested sewer dungeon - ABOVE THE GROUND. Hey, don't blame me for Karsuman's hard-on for aqueducts. It's also not a water level-changing dungeon or escape-the-city dungeon, so... bonus points?

About the slavery issue: it's integral to the game's plot and the political consequences of the game, and to a future project that takes overlaps with Arian Wild's timing - it takes place in Falensia, a vassal of Tartolia that basically exists only to suffer in the desert and produce slaves for the rest of the continent.
post=123425
Or you could make the holy spell user weaker...

Or even better remove the fourth spell from his list completely. Now the highest magic damage is JUST slightly higher than the main attacker at level 99, which makes more sense. That said it doesn't take in Elemental weaknesses or damage boosting spells, but I still haven't added 'em in yet (For some reason I've hopped from the spells, onto animations, probably gonna go back to spells)
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
A game featuring this guy for the 24 hours competition. I'm having trouble editing a sprite to look like him. :(