SO, I GOT "POKEMON: SOULSILVER"

post=129498
Cool Thanks.

http://www.smogon.com/

Here's another one.

WARNING - Douche Zone.
I'd love to attend one of those tournament, Pokemaniac.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Wow I think I'm becoming nerdy with my heart gold version. (I have a pokewalker, with Pineco, on me as I'm typing!)

So far I have the first 3 badges. Falkner wasn't as tough as I thought he would be, Bugsy's Schyther was a fuckin' bitch to beat (died about two times trying to face him, stupid "U-turn" ability!). Compared to that, Whitney was a joke (Geodude + Rock Smash spam = Win)

My highest stat in my party is currently Gloom, and that was due to the fact that I left it, as an Oddish, too long in the daycare. I also got to the point of participating in that bug catching contest (brings back sweet memories), and failed miserably against a Scyther (I swear, I'm having bad luck against those pokemon!). So I lost it due to the level 17 Metapod I caught. My Butterfree, the pokemon I took to the contest, was also angry with me... OOOH THE SHAME! Currently, I'm at the Pokethalon and won the speed contest with my Pidgeotto, Ratatta (named Ratty524), and Onyx.

I have to say the touch-screen mini-games this has actually make this game highly enjoyable, since I'm not just going around and grinding like in the older games. I don't know if that's news to you guys since I haven't kept track with this series. As everyone is saying, the UI also is much more convenient, and makes good use out of the DS features. My main complaint, and I don't know if it's common with the series, is that the intro is a little slow-paced. Thank god I also adjusted the text speed as well.

On the side, I love how the developers brought back the system where pokemon follow you on the maps (and not just pikachu!). With this, I know that my Gastly loves me...

Another side note: I hate every NPC in this game... Seriously. They are not even funny like in the Mario RPGs, they are just annoying and psychotic.
post=129501
I'd love to attend one of those tournament, Pokemaniac.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/video/

Uh so they have no info now apparently, but it should be updated to here sometime.
Their psychotic? I remember half of them being batshit, and one guy got his face blasted off from a hyper beam from dragonite, but the other half were okay.For the most part anyway.
post=129518
Another side note: I hate every NPC in this game... Seriously. They are not even funny like in the Mario RPGs, they are just annoying and psychotic.

Joey: Hey, Gold! I just beat a RATTATA with my RATTATA! My RATTATA is like the top percentage of RATTATA! (click)...
post=129598
post=129518
Joey: Hey, Gold! I just beat a RATTATA with my RATTATA! My RATTATA is like the top percentage of RATTATA! (click)...

Yes, I actually find the pointless phone calls the trainers give you so pointless that they're hilarious. HILARIOUS.
Haha, oh Joey, you so crazy.

Also, anyone else notice HG/SS is a good deal harder than the originals? I swear, I never had this much trouble when I was 7...
I resetted for shiny totodile, got it the first day, now I'm resetting for shiny legendary dogs.
...and so, I being EV training preparation. =D .... -_-;
Have fun destroying what little fun there is of Pokémon with it's "deep strategic" side. I play the games pretty much without a worry for those things and that won't be changing any time soon. Too many games, too little time.

edit: Can the Pokémon be abused like a normal pedometer (i.e. shake it vertically)?
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=129675
...and so, I being EV training preparation. =D .... -_-;

okay seriously, why do people do this. i do not give a damn about EVs and all this nature-based training and trying to catch one pokemon a bajillion times to get THE RIGHT ONE. i play the pokemon games for fun, not to win shit or beat people with my sooper teem of awsum lol.
for this reason, i generally play through the games with extremely underused pokemon- pokemon like farfetch'd and delibird. i did a playthrough a long time ago with those two and grimer to start the game off. i caught no other pokemon. it was a good ride.
Yeah, the whole EV thing is getting waaaaay to into it. Hell, I know a crapton about Pokemon, and I am very selective when it comes to my team, but I would never go THAT far, cause the difference isn't even noticeable.

Also, I'm getting Heartgold tomorrow. Fuck yeah.

Got a lot of catching up to do though.... :[
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Me and the bros do all that EV training, breeding for egg moves, and such, and get a huge kick out of trying different things to beat each other down. It's great fun to counter each others' counters to our counters for their counters.

That's just how we play Pokemon. Doesn't stop us from making our Lv100 Magikarps with Bounce for shits and giggles, or a bro of mine's stoner Oddish.
Someone should attempt a pokemon-esque RPGmaker game. (Yeah, I tried, and I realized I'd rather code something than learn RM2k3.)
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=129706
Someone should attempt a pokemon-esque RPGmaker game. (Yeah, I tried, and I realized I'd rather code something than learn RM2k3.)

BURN YOURSELF ALIVE
tardis captured my feelings perfectly
Well, I'll admit, I easily get sucked into the aspect of EV training. I'm really nervous to do it, honestly, because Poke'mon was always this super fun game that I played for fun; so, when I discovered all this EV stuff, I was easily affected by the fact that you could make an awesome, powerful, versatile team of pokemon with all this EV shit.

I don't want to do it, but I don't want to be a crappy PKMN trainer, either. Since most of my friends don't EV train, I probably won't either.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Personally, I think Tyranitars with 250+ speed are hilarious. It's great fun to make Pokes with ass-backwards stats to trip people up.