JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW, SUIKODEN IS ON SALE ON THE PSN FOR SIX BUCKS.

post=205654
MOG, you chose a specific avatar! Good work!

Now I want to change mine to Sialeeds. I bought the SuikoV strategy guide just to stare at her amazing breasts.

I failed in that game for not noticing
that Sialeeds wasn't a Star and seeing the plot twist coming.
post=205654
MOG, you chose a specific avatar! Good work!

Now I want to change mine to Sialeeds. I bought the SuikoV strategy guide just to stare at her amazing breasts.

The chick I posted in the Best Videogame character thread makes Sialeeds look prepubescent in comparison. I can't think of her name at the moment but she was the second in command at Raftfleet.
post=205732
I believe that the scale between 1 and 5 is 15 years (5 being 15 years before 1).

I mean it's around 15 years, give/take.

Actually, 5 is only 8 years before Suikoden 1.

Year 449 Sun Run War starts. Year 457 Toran Republic established/gate rune wars ended.

On another note, I want to see a grown up Lymsleia. :(
post=205797
post=205732
I believe that the scale between 1 and 5 is 15 years (5 being 15 years before 1).

Year 449 Sun Run War starts. Year 457 Toran Republic established/gate rune wars ended.

Is that timeline adjusted for the fact Suikoden takes place over a span of two years (not very well known fact)?
post=205803
post=205797
post=205732

Is that timeline adjusted for the fact Suikoden takes place over a span of two years (not very well known fact)?
'

That would make it 6-8 years. Year 457 is the year the war in Suikoden ended.

...but yeah, here's a timeline for all the games' activities. http://suikosource.com/history/timeline/index.php?show_births=0
post=205737
Sarasai isn't in I, you mean Luc.

It's explained that Luc always had the True Wind Rune. It's just in earlier titles, he masks it's powers so that appears weaker than what it is.

yeah, my bad ,i was spacing,i never get names right .And, oh, ok. And, does anyone know what happend to the rune of punishment after 4?Cus, the main charecter survived everyhting ,according tot he ending of the game so ,i wonder where it went.
He hid (after Suiko Tactics of course, and he may/may not have ruled Obel for a while), and was never seen again.

There's a very good chance he's still wandering the earth somewhere.
post=205984
He hid (after Suiko Tactics of course, and he may/may not have ruled Obel for a while), and was never seen again.

I hope so. They need to have one epic Suikoden ,including all 27 true runes in one game. Id love to see that. Some of them have yet to even show up in the series.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
No, they don't. They need to keep up the quality and awesomeness of I/II/V, introducing only a few runes at a time, ensuring that they fit with the game while still hinting at and bringing in the other games in the series.

The Suikoden series is too amazing to ruin in one giant burst of fangasm. Like, seriously, Georg Prime is in the SuikoI art, even though he's not the in game. That baffles me.

I still want FERID AND GEORG'S CHEESECAKE ADVENTURE though.
The Suikoden series is too amazing to ruin in one giant burst of fangasm. Like, seriously, Georg Prime is in the SuikoI art, even though he's not the in game. That baffles me.

He was one of Scarlet Moon's Great Generals, but he left before the game started. This is referenced in Suiko V and outright stated in Suiko II, but I don't mean to patronize you, bro. I like how Suikoden sort of sprinkles the mythos all over the place.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I knew exactly that, MOG. I'm baffled that they thought that far ahead.
post=206038
post=205984

I hope so. They need to have one epic Suikoden ,including all 27 true runes in one game. Id love to see that. Some of them have yet to even show up in the series.

That would be bad.
post=205979
post=205737

It's explained that Luc always had the True Wind Rune. It's just in earlier titles, he masks it's powers so that appears weaker than what it is.
yeah, my bad ,i was spacing,i never get names right .And, oh, ok. And, does anyone know what happend to the rune of punishment after 4?Cus, the main charecter survived everyhting ,according tot he ending of the game so ,i wonder where it went.

The protagonist in V is a descendant of either Lazlo(Hero of IV) or his sister, Flare, on Ferid's side.
post=206085
I knew exactly that, MOG. I'm baffled that they thought that far ahead.
If only they hadn't fired Murayama towards the end of Suiko 3...we would have Suiko 1 and 2 quality games that still aged sequentially, instead of them attempting to restart the mythos with 4 and failing horribly.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
Too bad Suikoden and Castlevania are now dead due to Konami's new 'reboot it...into garbage' solution to low-sales franchises.
post=206083
No, they don't. They need to keep up the quality and awesomeness of I/II/V, introducing only a few runes at a time, ensuring that they fit with the game while still hinting at and bringing in the other games in the series.

I still want FERID AND GEORG'S CHEESECAKE ADVENTURE though.

True ,it would be awsome, but perhaos too much is too much XD i just miss the soul eater and rune of punishments<------my two fav true runes
post=206179
post=205979
post=205737

The protagonist in V is a descendant of either Lazlo(Hero of IV) or his sister, Flare, on Ferid's side.

WTF where are you getting this. The Falena Queendom and the Island Nations are two separate entities. Ferid is from the Island Nations, but he's not part of the royal family of Obel or anything.
post=206261
post=206179
post=205979
post=205737

...and oh yeah, the game makes it pretty obvious but a few people didn't get it.
Skald is Ferid's father and Bernadette(aka Ferid in a dress) is his sister.

WTF where are you getting this. The Falena Queendom and the Island Nations are two separate entities. Ferid is from the Island Nations, but he's not part of the royal family of Obel or anything.

I didn't say anything at all about Falena.

I remembered Skald Egan being in charge of the Island Nations but I just looked it up and he's actually in charge of the Council that rules the island nations. This could be a position of inheritance or election but the game doesn't say it outright, so I'll retract that claim. I assumed so due to the many similarities between Skald/Lino and their daughters, Bernadette/Flare. I research for a living so I can't help but to see subtle patterns in things.
post=206220
Too bad Suikoden and Castlevania are now dead due to Konami's new 'reboot it...into garbage' solution to low-sales franchises.

Murayama did mention a few months ago that a certain company approached him about a certain game that was assumed to be Suikoden 6. He didn't know whether he wanted to go down that road again, though.
Kindredz can't you just edit your post instead of double/triple posting? :(