WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I had a blitz the other day and wrote 40 pages of planning and ideas for this game

I'm sure a lot of it will get scrapped in the end and honestly I have no idea how long this project will take me but I wanna make it like crazy. My rough estimate is like... 3 months? 6 months?

Which means it's really gonna take 2 years :(
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
Working on my Pantomime project and am trying to think up an ending that isn't shit.

Harder than it sounds.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Brady
Working on my Pantomime project and am trying to think up an ending that isn't shit.

Harder than it sounds.

Isn't it the story of FF6? I'd think the ending would be, uh, Kefka is defeated.

(ALTERNATE ENDING: In the middle of the final battle between Terra's team and Kefka, Ultros interrupts the pantomime and drops a 10 ton weight from the ceiling, knocking everyone unconscious and declaring himself the victor. Roll credits.)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=LockeZ
(ALTERNATE ENDING: In the middle of the final battle between Terra's team and Kefka, Ultros interrupts the pantomime and drops a 10 ton weight from the ceiling, knocking everyone unconscious and declaring himself the victor. Roll credits.)

I'm calling this canon.

Also so far today I've implemented healing and shielding and it feels totally good. You can also critically heal and critically shield if you've got dexterous fingers!
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
Well aye, it does build up to Kefka being battered silly, but how I proceeded after that seemed up for dispute. The Panto is only based around five characters, and even in FF6 most of the ending was just them all leaving the tower (which isn't in the Panto either) so filling the gap between Kefka taking a dirtnap and the credits rolling was blocking me.

However, I absolutely love, and am planning on stealing, the Ultros idea...well, close enough anyways.. It's just absolutely perfectly suited for a sort of fourth-wall in-on-it's-own-joke kinda thing.

Need to go draw up an Ultros sprite now....wonder if it'd be better just ripping the original...

@slash:
"critically shield"? Inexplicable word choice aside....if regular shielding knocks damage down by 50~90%, wouldn't critical shielding basically just negate all relevant damage?
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Ha, yea, it isn't so much "critical" as "perfectly timed". And shielding in this case is actually more like... like shields on a Star Trek spaceship. Some abilities build Shield Points and any damage you take will deduct from your shield points before your health points. Since healing is very limited, properly avoiding attacks and keeping shield points high will be pretty important :) But shield will reset at the start of a battle too, so, yea...
Working on adding battle passives to characters (SOS/Critical abilities, Bonecrusher, Auto-Med, Auto-Potion, etc.) if I can do so. Having issues with Bonecrusher though...ugh.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
12x12 icons for 25 characters.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
that is not very many pixels
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
Now working on...nothing!
My Panto project is pretty much finished, and has a rad ending thanks in large part to LockeZ sarcy idea. Will double-check it all in the morning and can publish that and theeeeen....need to think of another mini-project concept to keep my brain active.

Who's got plans for a short game with a cool concept and wants a hand, eh? 8D
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Brady
Now working on...nothing!
My Panto project is pretty much finished, and has a rad ending thanks in large part to LockeZ sarcy idea. Will double-check it all in the morning and can publish that and theeeeen....need to think of another mini-project concept to keep my brain active.

Who's got plans for a short game with a cool concept and wants a hand, eh? 8D

Next: adult-only version, FF6 Nopantomime
I've been working on my first custom menu thing in RM2K3.
It'll be somewhat of a combat tutorial, explaining everything combat related. It covers basics, detailed skill descriptions, conditions, bestiary and advanced combat tips. Takes up a lot of time, but already finished more than half of it, and it's looking good so far.
Still working on sprites, like this small floating robot~ :D Haven't made the other directions yet, but I can say I've made good progress as this only took a little less than an hour. :x

EDIT: New sprite for my game's main protagonist~

Ooh, sprites! I wish I had a robot like that... :(

I'm mostly finished with my states related to buffs and stuff (doubling ATK but lowering DEF and such things).
Now I need something else to do so I can continue with not making my game's first dungeon.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
make your game's first dungeon
author=SorceressKyrsty
make your game's first dungeon

Well, I already had a third of it done, I'm just being lazy and admiring Sana's cool robot...
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
That is a damn cool robot. You hand-pixeled that? It's so detailed in such a small sprite!

I'm implementing new conditions and ability types today! The first ability type is a Recoil Attack, which is a regular attack with the secondary effect of hitting the user with an attack afterwards. Despite the connotation of "Recoil", the attack that hits the user can deal damage, heal, or cast positive or negative conditions.

Then I made the Attack Up condition (boring but direct name) which increases your next attack's damage dealt. That damage applies the same way to single or multiple-target attacks, so you can imagine when it'd be great to use :D
author=wildwes
Well, I already had a third of it done, I'm just being lazy and admiring Sana's cool robot...
Work comes before play/admiring, Wes~ xD

author=slashphoenix
That is a damn cool robot. You hand-pixeled that? It's so detailed in such a small sprite!

I'm implementing new conditions and ability types today! The first ability type is a Recoil Attack, which is a regular attack with the secondary effect of hitting the user with an attack afterwards. Despite the connotation of "Recoil", the attack that hits the user can deal damage, heal, or cast positive or negative conditions.

Then I made the Attack Up condition (boring but direct name) which increases your next attack's damage dealt. That damage applies the same way to single or multiple-target attacks, so you can imagine when it'd be great to use :D
Yeah, sprited it myself, though I need an image/portrait to go on, and the animation's slightly wonky(especially the flame on its back), so it's far from perfect. :3 Also, kudos for recoil attacks~ :D
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
author=LockeZ
Next: adult-only version, FF6 Nopantomime

Even with the image, I just didn't catch onto the joke at first. Bloody american words confusing me /grumble
Now adding in the rest of my Armor Bless skills I omitted originally (only 4 this time, so it won't take forever to do!). For wanting to move the story along, I'm sure not doing a good job of that, what with revamping maps and updating characters and whatnot. @_@;