WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

author=supremewarrior
Got back to working on my zombie game for a little bit before I start working. I'm still wondering how I'm gonna do this...

Glad to see you're working on the game again.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=supremewarrior
Got back to working on my zombie game for a little bit before I start working. I'm still wondering how I'm gonna do this... Most of it is fully functional I just need to draw item pictures and numbers. This isn't a mock-up.

So insanely awesome!
Glad to hear this too, I'm lovin' the look of that screen. And you could always use placeholders until you got to drawing new ones?

EDIT: You should make a blog post sometime soon so your other subscribers can see the progress, I barely missed this here!
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
lol having to mess up scripts in Wild Fate, and stuff. And stupid enter name font issues, that made me having to make names for my characters.
@supremewarrior looks great! long live custom menus!

Still working on the custom shop menus for my little side project (that grows bigger every single day!)
author=supremewarrior

That looks awesome, wish I had the know-how to do custom menus like that.
@Nevermore: There is an article that explains the basics here.
Assign a variable to every inventory slots your menu has, then assign the values 0-999999 to specific item types. Finally show a Picture over the proper slot for the right value.

For instance, supremewarrior's inventory has 12 slots.
Suppose there are only 3 types of items: Potion (value 1), Ether (value 2) and Phoenix Down (value 3).
I could have a Potion in the first slot (Variable 1, value 1) and a Phoenix Down in the second slot (Variable 2, value 3) and so on.
You can use the Modulus function to make a dynamic inventory system very easy, while still keeping your total variables used down.

With modulus, you can check for parts of a variable, based on decimal places.

If you have less than 1000 items, and can hold less than 1000 of each type, you can use a six digit variable to record both item type and quantity.

That way, with twelve, or however many you want, variables for your inventory slots, you could store any quantity of any item in your game. You just need to make an event that strips the useful data back out of your variables.
author=Neverm0re
That looks awesome, wish I had the know-how to do custom menus like that.

Pretty much what Avee said but Killer Wolf's suggestion would make for a better implementation.
while the tutorial mentioned by avee introduces the basics a custom menu, this tutorial expands on how it can be used for a dynamic item sub menu, which would most likely be rather similar in terms of implementation
(even has a demo project which you can mess around with to get a better understanding of it all)
Edit: Meet the main character of my new game.

Some details missing
Just bought "ace". Working on a new project. Almost done with Episode 1.

I've been gone from the community a long while, I don't recognize anyone. I guess everyone is gone:)

But... I've always wanted to do one last game. So this is it, I'm working to finish a game called "Index Case"... which is meant to tie up my first two releases (back in the day lol).
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=MrChearlie
Edit: Meet the main character of my new game.

Some details missing

Looking good, I like the clothes. Would it be possible to see it animated?
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Working on Jorgamund(I know it's spelled Jormungand, but I wanted to spell it differently), yeah it may have a lot of Norse Mythology, but not set on old earth myths, just another world that might has some mentions of Norse. Maybe, I might include Mythology legends. Jorgamund is a name of a antagonist character, based off the epic serpent that is the size of earth. Not sure if the world would be called Midgard though.

I might change character names to more greek.
Currently writing a comedy story for featuring Lord Blockdeath coming from a alternate dimension and changing a Dragon Quest-esquse world into something more akin to his home dimension. I seriously need to finish one of my projects, I guess the saying that you need a team is true. XD

EDIT: Wrong topic for screenshots, my bad. XD
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
After months of procrastination I finally got far enough in the second (and a halfth?) dungeon of this stupid game to include a miniboss, and finished making it.

The problem is every couple battles, I seem to need to make new enemy graphics and new skill animations. And every single section of each dungeon, I end up making at least 5 or 10 new tiles for my tileset. So... I keep not wanting to make new graphics, and working on my MUD instead. Fuck yeah text only, easiest graphics ever. I really want to finish the RPG Maker game some time in the next ten years, though.
author=LockeZ
After months of procrastination I finally got far enough in the second (and a halfth?) dungeon of this stupid game to include a miniboss, and finished making it.

The problem is every couple battles, I seem to need to make new enemy graphics and new skill animations. And every single section of each dungeon, I end up making at least 5 or 10 new tiles for my tileset. So... I keep not wanting to make new graphics, and working on my MUD instead. Fuck yeah text only, easiest graphics ever. I really want to finish the RPG Maker game some time in the next ten years, though.

I have the same issue, lol.
Photoshop > Rpg Maker
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
I'm working on a scene in the mayor's home, of Story of Ligara. Still workin on it.
No chance in hell I would cancel it and move it to Ace.

I'm nearing one more hunt after the mayor in the game, the real story starts when you accept the fourth one, but you can actually choose any, but it's best to choose 1,2,3,4 in order to make it right. Don't know how long it'll take demo time, maybe less then a hour.

I'll properly remember to put all files in before anything else. And improve whatever blog post I can to make it more clear.
author=LockeZ

Do what I'm doing. Make a retro NES looking game. Gives you TONS of possibilities for tiles!
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Making a design document for a potential Super Smash Bros game, except instead of various Nintendo characters, it will be Final Fantasy characters. Sounds a lot like dissidia, actually. Think of it as Dissidia and Super Smash Bros.
author=Adon237
Making a design document for a potential Super Smash Bros game, except instead of various Nintendo characters, it will be Final Fantasy characters. Sounds a lot like dissidia, actually. Think of it as Dissidia and Super Smash Bros.

What engine will this be made in? It sounds dope, and legit.

On the subject of my own game, I have many in the works. I'm working on a "Puzzle Island" concept, where it's an open world puzzle game, where you can solve what puzzles you want to, when you want to. So it's kind of like Skyrim, but with puzzles instead of monsters. Yeah, I'm weird.