WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
hey your pipes look better now

edit: whoops i page sniped the red squad, how terrible of me
I've been wrestling with Theo's SBS and it's...really weird how I manage to break it somehow.

I finally got this to work. Now I just have to make sure the grid system works with Theo_Allen's 1.4 battle system...;;

Testing with other battle systems:
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
My plans today are to go to the corner newsagent and get a new sketchpad because mine is running seriously low.

I will then begin planning, concepting and deciding on things for my first Unity project. It'll be either Exile, Percy or Hellcat in an engine actually designed with a character action game in mind.

I will in sporadic bursts share these blueprints with you, it won't be any shy-rotam gig like with exile this'll be whole hog planning, level designs, interiors, atmospheres, even objects and entities that sit around and do nothing outside of build the world. Character designs, monster designs, villain designs, storyboards, I just got a high quality mech pencil for Christmas, and now I have good purpose to use it.

For now, here's a brief outline of what may be in store.

Exile; Planned features:
-Destructible environments. (Doors, glass windows, etc.)
-Environmental manipulation (throwing trash cans, character action, etc.)
-Expatriate Pack (Basically limited flight)
-Seven weapons, including Relinquished (Polearm), Lost and Forgotten (Laser pistols), Zenmaster's Charge (Placed Bomb-like explosive), Fate's Thread (Grapplewhip), Letter of Lament (Boomerang-type weapon), Yearn (Projectile firing staff) and finally Calamity (BFG).
-Way more secrets.
-Very cartoony sense of humor, feel good fun experience.
-Will play somewhat like an isometric Hotline: Miami

Hellcat: Born Again; Planned features:
-Fluid weapon selection.
-Inventory (simple but working, like in Heretic)
-No dialogue, will be a test in show don't tell.
-RPG Weapons (as in, level them up as you use them.)
-Top down shooter.

Perseverance: Adherence; Planned features:
-Sidescrolling shooter, with new mechanics, such as a blinkdash (half second of invulnerability frames), Stamina which will be used up when you fire guns and shadow dash.
-Jumping will not require stamina.
-Prowltek (as a non-obligatory stealth mechanic)
-Weapon quickselect (Press S, select with mouse)
-Move with A (left) and D (right)
-Shoot with Z, Jump with X, Crouch with C, Blinkdash is right or left shift.
-Up arrow enters doors and communes with objects in the background.
-Down arrow descends ladders.
-Control or enter activates things.
-Mouse will be used for targeting enemies. Swoopers, Sappers and the like will be much more dangerous in open areas.
-All environments will be prerendered tilesets cease existence.
-Resolution will be 1280 x a variable height dependant on resolution (4:3 = 1104, 16:10 = 768, 16:9 = 720) Each screen will be it's own map.
-I've already though on how to do the current bosses in the side-scroller environment, originally Perseverance was planned as a part of Intelligence 2D.
-No heavy emphasis on platforming, all jumps will auto-succeed, avoidance of attacks matters far more.
-Story is built onto a lot more, due to not being rushed.

This is all subject to change, but the main reason I'm planning to moving forward with Unity is for sake of fluidity in gameplay.

@BizarreMonkey
Sounds awesome, I'm actually quite familiar with Unity. I've worked with Unity for
over 2 years now, and you can build any type of game with it. I've done several short
class projects with it, however what you can do with that engine will mainly come
down to how much experience you have. As programming is extremely important, you will
notice that all of the mechanics you mentioned for all three of your possible games
will have to be programmed from scratch. Yes, you may be able to find scripts for some of them
but they may not be tailored to the game you have in mind.

As for the program itself, and all of its functions I know them pretty well, so feel
free to shoot me a PM! By the way, I can also help with some of the programming
as well if I'm not busy dealing with other things.
Just working on different death animations casually~
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
glasses that is way cool, you have my props
@Glasses
I like that effect, the position where the death animation splits is very precise
with the slashing animation itself. That makes it look very realistic.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Glasses: Making MGR:R fangames a possibility.

Okay, what I've been working on? Eh, getting back into art and anatomy, god it's so fun just to be able to draw again without trepidation. To that end I've basically just been doing anatomy and working on my fabric work.

This one is slightly lood on right side, so I'm spoiler it.

Finally some leaps and bounds in clothwork.

To bad her knee looks stupid as sin.
We're getting closer to completing basic AI coding for Ruby Quest Undertow.

While that's getting done, I'm working on some sprites for Tomcat.

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
i'm making a damage calculator in an excel spreadsheet. because nothing irritates me more than having to repeatedly battletest to balance stats and skills. NOTHING.

i also finished the stats and parameter growth rates for each character, all base stats are loaded from an Excel spreadsheet. i can't stand RPG Maker's stat growth thing in the database.
Testing the first 10 hours of Tristian. This is going to be painful. ><
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Glasses, those are wonderful death effects! I cannot wait to see what else you have planned, the horizontal collapse was already wonderful!
author=Adon237
Glasses, those are wonderful death effects! I cannot wait to see what else you have planned, the horizontal collapse was already wonderful!

I agree. Those are pretty nice looking and definitely makes the DBS more fresh.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Glasses that is awesome. I'm assuming this is accomplished by a script. Do you plan on sharing?
@Max McGee,
Yup~ It's all via a script. Plan of sharing? Hmm.. probably not.
Last animation for now~
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
That has to be a lot of block transfers.
currently i'm plotting out menu layouts for origin and contemplating the inevitable graphic design and coding hell i will descend into because of it

someone do me a favour and cast me into the void before i get started in earnest

EDIT: I HAVE GOTTEN STARTED IN EARNEST AND I WANT TO DIE

The progress I've made so far with FF3j graphics and the VE side view system. Seems like I've spent half my life trying to figure it out, finally starting to get it doing what I want it to (primarily thanks to lots of peeking at WCouillard's FF: Discovery demo). VE really isn't as impossible as everybody makes it sound, though I still have honestly no idea what I'm doing. Added bonus for successfully utilizing Sfonts.

Honestly, nothing right now looks that great. The NES font I'm using is too big and awkwardly spaced, and I don't even know if it's worth using. The battler's pacing and attack movements all look wrong. We all gotta start somewhere. Eventually, yes, possibly, there will be a game, though for right now I have to finish the endless spritesheets I'm working on, then move on to battle animations. Ripping and importing sure is hard, but at least it's something I'm comfortable with, unlike all this meshugganah script nonsense.

I'm spriting a car for the first time, and I have absolutely no idea if I'm doing a good job or not. Maybe it's good as a placeholder, I don't know, there's a lot of stuff on it that just looks really incorrect.