THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
NewBlack: Keep doing what you're doing.
Thanks guys!

Wow NewBlack, that is freaking awesome! :)
Tau
RMN sex symbol

Just mucking around with something.. Not to sure if I want to do anything with it. All custom made, the tile set that is. Does that sprite style fit with the tile set?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The tiles feel very Earthbound-y, while the sprite feels like an edit on the RTP. Just my take on that, though.
Cool tiles man. I don't like the (comparatively) hi-def sprite on them at all though. Block colours with minimal shading would work a lot nicer (basically matching the tiles) also maybe a black outline for consistency's sake?
This reminds me a lot of those tiles DE did, that were kind of lush and GBA feeling. If I had it on hand I would post for comparison, but do you know what I'm talking about?
author=Tau
Just mucking around with something.. Not to sure if I want to do anything with it. All custom made, the tile set that is. Does that sprite style fit with the tile set?

Add a black outline around the charset

at least it will fit in somewhat better >>
nice detail on the water, by the way :>
author=King of Games
This reminds me a lot of those tiles DE did, that were kind of lush and GBA feeling. If I had it on hand I would post for comparison, but do you know what I'm talking about?

You mean this?:

posting them because they are RM screenshot related!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Well, no, they don't look alike!
Yep exactly. A good example of how graphics can have simple/clean look without being too 'earthbound'y. Another good example to study is Minish Cap.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Thanks guys. Wow DEs stuff always amazes me, but I think the one big difference is between what I did is the lack of detail. Everything DE did, the shapes of everything has more design to it then my simple cliff sides and surfaces.

So that's a no on the sprite.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Huh. I can see why Tau's screenshot reminded you of Baroque - the colors used are nearly identical, and the shapes of the cliffs, underwater cliffs, and tall grass are very similar. Very different feel overall, though.

I do like it when water is more complex than just a single water tile used to bucket-fill the water area. Your water looks nice. The grass area could use more doodads, but you said you were just mucking around so maybe you don't care.
Wow that game (Baroque) looks beautiful. Let me guess, pretty-looking vapourware?
So I decided to do a solo project in order to learn how to map, event, sprite, etc. You know, learn the ropes of RMXP better, so I can help out Star with my new skills on Ghost Shards.

I created a fairy village in the middle of a forest - but I feel it should be more... magical and prettier... It's missing something...

chana
Well, if it's a village, you could have little fairy houses, that would do it, I think.
The big trees with the apples on them, are the houses. :D I just didn't take a picture of them. I should, though.

And crap, I see a mapping error. DARN.

chana
Right, it still doesn't do it. Maybe (again) make something that looks like a village: nothing here indicates a village, maybe surround it with trees tight together, hidden and protected, also, where is the busy life of a village : the shops, fairies talking together, etc. (and colors, not just green everywhere)...?
looks nice but.... hell that goddamn overused XP RTP... I'll never get friends with it.
@StrawberryFlower Put Cirno in that village O-O XD
author=NewBlack
Wow that game (Baroque) looks beautiful. Let me guess, pretty-looking vapourware?

There's a difference between a mockup and vaporware.