THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Sailerius
did someone say angels
Here's an image from my Ludum Dare entry. Will probably polish it up and actually playtest it to make sure it's beatable before releasing it here.

You said it's not done yet, so why post that picture up? It's really really empty my friend, and very square. Looks like your showing off your font ahaha...the top entrance also looks really goofy

Nice font though :)

EDIT: my browser has failed to inform me of the 100 other pages of this topic...Sail, that artwork is a beauty <3
She looks like daphanie (spelling?) from scooby doo.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
(What kind of a comment was that...?) Looks good, I like the drawing, the expression and attitude of the character in particular.
author=chana
(What kind of a comment was that...?) Looks good, I like it.the expression and attitude of the character in particular.

Yeah my browser screwed up the topic so I ended up thinking page 11 was the last page, and commented on something way back...
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
You're doing Ludum Dare? Badass, good luck!

It's like necromancers are warping the ancient Valencia Academy and causing the Mana to screw everything up or something. Damn necromancers!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I remember that area from Visions and Voices. Heh. I kid (kind of). I guess parts of rooms in outer space connected by crystal tiles is your preferred method of showing warped reality?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
because warped reality is nothing if not consistent and predictable
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Just to show you I figured out how to make those tricky forests (remains : mountains and dungeons!)

author=chana
Just to show you I figured out how to make those tricky forests (remains : mountains and dungeons!)

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/4243/locker/Capture_du_20111220_084455.png

Some trees on the edges of rows are cut in half.

@Sailerius: I love the style of that last screenshot :)
Craze
LockeZ
I remember that area from Visions and Voices. Heh. I kid (kind of). I guess parts of rooms in outer space connected by crystal tiles is your preferred method of showing warped reality?

Yeah, Karsu and I jokingly call it "lolmirrorworld," but this is one of the most extreme examples of it in-game. The entire design purpose behind it is that since each dungeon is 12 floors, and the final chunk of maps tend to be the completely ridiculous ones, is to have something really interesting/different early on. That way, since while each dungeon is mandatory you can just blitzkrieg through them with better crafted equipment later, the player knows what they're going to be looking at should they persevere and make this their "main" dungeon for looting more crafting materials.

That might not have made any sense, but: WE THINK ABOUT SHIT (and yes mock its mirrorworldness)
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
unless you in any way finished the first game, NO JUST GODDAMN NO YOUNG MAN

however, that is a MUCH BETTER title screen than of the "original"

Almost done with the next demo.

@Adon: I like it, did you make it by yourself?
I've been revamping an older 2k3 project lately.

Here's the menu before:

And here it is after:

I was inspired by Tales of Destiny's and FF13's menu for the new design.
I recolored the character portraits (credits to Shunya Yamashita) to make them more true to the originals and used several sprites for numbers (level, gold, etc.) to overcome the 50 pictures limit. The background image shown here is the world map but in the game it will correspond to the party's location (some woods as described in the screenshot). The character's sprite is shown next to its stats and rotates while walking.
Craze
Despain
before was better dude

Seriously. Maker wars aside, the first was cleaner. You used a better font, but I can't say I love the overall design.
I kinda dig the second one though!
Second is better. Much more consistent and shows an objective. I like having easy access to what I should be doing. First is kinda cluttered.
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
The first one uses Book Antiqua I think, and I made my own font for the new version. I usually like smaller fonts.
I prefer the new design too: it feels less cluttered while holding more information. And I really prefer the small 7x3 numbers over the 8x5 ones (but the tiny 5x3 font was ridiculous).

The windows' colors (here grey) will be alterable through the Config command.

Despain, was that a joke? Why do you think the first one's better?
2nd one looks nice, but the first one was alot clearer, 2nd one looks a bit busy to me. Maybe you should remove the empty character slots, you can always add them when they are needed in the game, they are pointless as they are now.